Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    teaching kids to treat people with respect is also social engineering but that sounds like the right kind
    As I said earlier, the lesson that they are pretending they are acting on is not about sitting the kid down and teaching them about each individual group. I have no idea why they think they can use that excuse.

  2. #762
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That is how you choose to see it. The teachers who bring the issue of gay folk into their classrooms don't see it as "promoting homosexuality" they see it as talking about the real world and teaching about inclusiveness and diversity. The whole "promoting homosexuality" mantra is a beautiful piece of social conservative rhetoric, but the way it takes shape is the denial that gay kids exist in classrooms or that some kids are raised by gay couples or that gay folk exist at all in the world and can be happy and functional people. That kind of denial is not healthy. You cannot promote reality, it just is. And trying to argue that teachers who teach their students basic principles like to be kind to those who are different are somehow out of of place is ridiculous as well. You can choose to see it how you want, but that is not how others see it.
    I don't care what teachers think - most are progressive political activists anyways, they're more concerned a kid knows about homosexuality and Obama than they do if their students are up to par on the essential curriculum like; reading, math, science etc....

    Besides, like I said in a previous post - these teachings have nothing do with homosexuality and everything to do with social engineering and the destruction of morals and ethics in an attempt to create a bunch of sheep that "follow the leader" in which the sheep are perfect building blocks for a totalitarian society... And this has already happened before with Mao, Lenin/Stalin, Pol Pot etc.....

  3. #763
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,903

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sorry, but since what you said hasn't been proven, the authorities on the matter aren't say it.
    Yeah...they have. They have been very clear that it is not a choice.

    Edit: It's like saying 'prove' consciousness. We all know humans have consciousness. It's like saying...prove you are straight. Can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #764
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That needs to be in the classroom why?]
    Because gay kids exist in the classroom. Gay people exist in the world. Why would you pretend otherwise?

    In grief, a father goes hunting for answers *:*Rutland Herald Online

    Jamey Rodemeyer Suicide: N.Y. Police Open Criminal Investigation Into Bullying - ABC News

    Then why wasn't this mentioned years ago? Is it interesting that as soon as gays pensioned the government the public schools started to teach such things?
    It was. Police went to schools and told students to report any of their friends they suspected were gay. They had students watch films depicting gay people as mentally ill folk who sought to corrupt young children by luring them into sexual relationships.

    Last edited by CriticalThought; 03-10-14 at 03:10 PM.

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    teaching kids to treat people with respect is also social engineering but that sounds like the right kind
    And who is teaching anyone to be disrespectful???

    Just because someone doesn't agree with another doesn't mean they will be disrespectful.

    The simple fact you said this shows how homosexuality is being promoted. Any time someone disagrees with homosexuality they must be homophobic - just like any time someone disagrees with Obama (or any minority) they must be "racist." Now you ask how these ideas are being promoted? - look at your own comment.

  6. #766
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,085

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    And who is teaching anyone to be disrespectful???

    Just because someone doesn't agree with another doesn't mean they will be disrespectful.

    The simple fact you said this shows how homosexuality is being promoted. Any time someone disagrees with homosexuality they must be homophobic - just like any time someone disagrees with Obama (or any minority) they must be "racist." Now you ask how these ideas are being promoted? - look at your own comment.
    some parents probably are and cruelty can come naturally to kids

  7. #767
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    3.support or encourage something: to encourage the growth and development of something

    ah so supporting persecuted people is how their promoting it and that is worng...um why is that
    Persecuted people?

    Yes supporting gay's is an act of promotion.

    Do you support heterosexuals? do you promote heterosexuality? of course NOT.

  8. #768
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,085

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    And who is teaching anyone to be disrespectful???

    Just because someone doesn't agree with another doesn't mean they will be disrespectful.

    The simple fact you said this shows how homosexuality is being promoted. Any time someone disagrees with homosexuality they must be homophobic - just like any time someone disagrees with Obama (or any minority) they must be "racist." Now you ask how these ideas are being promoted? - look at your own comment.
    what's a non homophobic reason to disagree with homosexuality?

  9. #769
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't care what teachers think - most are progressive political activists anyways, they're more concerned a kid knows about homosexuality and Obama than they do if their students are up to par on the essential curriculum like; reading, math, science etc....

    Besides, like I said in a previous post - these teachings have nothing do with homosexuality and everything to do with social engineering and the destruction of morals and ethics in an attempt to create a bunch of sheep that "follow the leader" in which the sheep are perfect building blocks for a totalitarian society... And this has already happened before with Mao, Lenin/Stalin, Pol Pot etc.....
    So basically no matter what teachers teach, you have a political agenda against them because you feel they have a political agenda against you. Go figure.

  10. #770
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    some parents probably are and cruelty can come naturally to kids
    Good. Let kids be kids - kids ARE cruel at times, but that is part of growing up, that's what gives you skin. Don't confuse acknowledging that with an endorsement either.

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •