Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #731
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    LOL! Why, because you say so? As I said, my argument stands. Your bigoted one is corrupt.
    Your argument still fails no matter how many times you repeat that it doesn't.

    The fallacy of corrupt judges and failed strawman about peoples vote will never be a solid argument. Conspiracy theories and falsehoods never are and its why they fail.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #732
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, then leave me out of that argument. I was responding to someone that claimed SSM and normal marriage are exactly the same. I pointed out that SS couple can never produce a child. Had nothing to do with the law.
    And again...they are exactly the same because a) as you've admitted, that is not a criteria for marriage and b) lots of straight couples can never produce a child (infertile, too old) and they apparently have 'normal' marriages.

    Exactly the same, even tho you discount that gay couples DO procreate and have natural children in their families (in vitro, surrogate, from previous straight marriages)

    The 'definition' of a family is obviously very fluid these days....and as you say...that doesnt really matter when legalizing a marriage...and yet gays still DO procreate and have the exact same families as many legally married straight ones.

    So this is an excuse on your part, not a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #733
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And again...they are exactly the same because a) as you've admitted, that is not a criteria for marriage and b) lots of straight couples can never produce a child (infertile, too old) and they apparently have 'normal' marriages.

    Exactly the same, even tho you discount that gay couples DO procreate and have natural children in their families (in vitro, surrogate, from previous straight marriages)

    The 'definition' of a family is obviously very fluid these days....and as you say...that doesnt really matter when legalizing a marriage...and yet gays still DO procreate and have the exact same families as many legally married straight ones.

    So this is an excuse on your part, not a reason.
    You just can't accept the fact that it is significantly different. Fine, I can't repair that. Keep on with that 2+2=5 mentality. I've pretty much posted my view here, only other thing is that I believe this is a state issue, not a federal one, but that's been touched on too.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #734
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, then leave me out of that argument. I was responding to someone that claimed SSM and normal marriage are exactly the same. I pointed out that SS couple can never produce a child. Had nothing to do with the law.
    Okay, so you're basically saying you don't view them as the same, but when people bring up the law you say it has nothing to do with the law.

    So fine, you don't personally feel like they're the same because they don't produce a child. I disagree, but alright, let's accept that premise.

    If your argument really has "nothing to do with the law", then it's not a legitimate argument AGAINST changing the LEGAL definition. If you're trying to argue that it's a reason to not change hte LEGAL definition, then it does have something to do with the law.

  5. #735
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You just can't accept the fact that it is significantly different. Fine, I can't repair that. Keep on with that 2+2=5 mentality. I've pretty much posted my view here, only other thing is that I believe this is a state issue, not a federal one, but that's been touched on too.
    You say it's a state, not a federal issue.

    Is it a state or federal issue if a state creates a law that allows permits for firearms to be obtained by Muslims but disallows those of the Christian Faith from being able to legally own firearms?

  6. #736
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    There was no social engineering involving gay people. People are just realizing that there is nothing wrong with being gay and happily living your life. These people aren't hurting society, and they do just as much of a good job raising children.
    No - social engineering (or brainwashing) by people like you. As in progressives forcing people (mostly children in public schools) to adhere to your progressive ideologies, in an attempt to manufacture future progressives.

    Progressives don't allow people to form their own political ideologies - progressives teach people what their ideology should be.

    You ever see 1984?

  7. #737
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,084

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No - social engineering (or brainwashing) by people like you. As in progressives forcing people (mostly children in public schools) to adhere to your progressive ideologies, in an attempt to manufacture future progressives.

    Progressives don't allow people to form their own political ideologies - progressives teach people what their ideology should be.

    You ever see 1984?
    any 1 hear taught that being gay is not evil by a school?

    any 1 hear know why that would be wrong?
    Last edited by blarg; 03-10-14 at 02:00 PM.

  8. #738
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You just can't accept the fact that it is significantly different. Fine, I can't repair that. Keep on with that 2+2=5 mentality. I've pretty much posted my view here, only other thing is that I believe this is a state issue, not a federal one, but that's been touched on too.
    ???? You have not described one way in which it is significantly different. Please go ahead and do so. I and others have pointed out that the procreation issue *fails* in that context.

    So....if you have an example *of this fact*, how it is significantly different, please let us know. (I can think of one, but then we are back to if that is a reason to keep it illegal..which it is not).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #739
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    "I'm surrounded by idiots!" -- unknown
    I'm the one that said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #740
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    any 1 hear that that being gay is not evil by a school?

    any 1 hear know why that would be wrong?
    Telling kids they must accept homosexuality is wrong.... Putting ****ing "transgender" bathrooms in schools is wrong. Telling kids they can choose to be a boy or a girl is ****ing wrong. Using "1" instead of "one" is ****ing wrong.

    If you cant use proper grammar don't address me.

Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •