Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #681
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,961

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Yes, you are wrong. I didn't say it's wrong, I said it's not the same as marriage. I said it is different. As an example, having kids, zero chance. Normal marriage, a pretty good chance. In fact, the human race is depending on it.

    So why change the definition of marriage? Gays won't except all the benefits of marriage, without taking the title too. That tells me it's all political. It's not about what they want, it's about forcing their (the left) beliefs on other people.
    You are wrong. Each individual marriage between two people of the opposite sex have varying chances of making babies, including absolutely zero. In fact, both my parents after their divorce had zero chance of every making babies again. My father has since been able to remarry anyway, despite that zero chance he has of making babies. Plus, in some states, the law specifically states that certain couples can't be able to make babies in order to be able to legally get married (go look up some of the laws by state on first cousins getting married). That proves that marriage is not about making babies.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #682
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You are wrong. Each individual marriage between two people of the opposite sex have varying chances of making babies, including absolutely zero. In fact, both my parents after their divorce had zero chance of every making babies again. My father has since been able to remarry anyway, despite that zero chance he has of making babies. Plus, in some states, the law specifically states that certain couples can't be able to make babies in order to be able to legally get married (go look up some of the laws by state on first cousins getting married). That proves that marriage is not about making babies.
    We are talking about procreation here, and gay couples can't do it, ever. That's pretty clear. I don't think a state law will change that.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #683
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    We are talking about procreation here, and gay couples can't do it, ever. That's pretty clear. I don't think a state law will change that.
    Since procreation is not a requirement for marriage... nor has it ever been, unless you can prove some sort of legal connection between the necessity of procreation for a couple to marry, the entire procreation argument is irrelevant and has no standing.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #684
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,961

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    We are talking about procreation here, and gay couples can't do it, ever. That's pretty clear. I don't think a state law will change that.
    And I am talking about procreation too. My parents can both get married and no matter what couple they make, they cannot procreate ever. They are still allowed to get married though. And this is because the laws of marriage are not based on procreation, particularly when it comes to who can enter into a marriage. Many, many more opposite sex couples cannot procreate with each other, ever, than same sex couples.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #685
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And I am talking about procreation too. My parents can both get married and no matter what couple they make, they cannot procreate ever. They are still allowed to get married though. And this is because the laws of marriage are not based on procreation, particularly when it comes to who can enter into a marriage. Many, many more opposite sex couples cannot procreate with each other, ever, than same sex couples.
    I am not saying any laws are based on procreation, I am pointing out that that is a difference. If you go back to the point I was making, it was that SS couples are different than OS couples, and a SSM is different from standard marriage. It seems that those that are for gay marriage refuse to admit that gay sex can not ever result in procreation. Just because people can't have children because of various reasons, doesn't mean that all couples can't have children. And if you have a union that, overall, in every instance, can't produce kids, then that is different from what a marriage is.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #686
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I am not saying any laws are based on procreation, I am pointing out that that is a difference. If you go back to the point I was making, it was that SS couples are different than OS couples, and a SSM is different from standard marriage. It seems that those that are for gay marriage refuse to admit that gay sex can not ever result in procreation. Just because people can't have children because of various reasons, doesn't mean that all couples can't have children. And if you have a union that, overall, in every instance, can't produce kids, then that is different from what a marriage is.
    Yes, it is a difference. And white is different from whole wheat, and cotton is different from wool. What you haven't demonstrated is that that difference matters.

  7. #687
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes, it is a difference. And white is different from whole wheat, and cotton is different from wool. What you haven't demonstrated is that that difference matters.
    Then your point is that you don't care if they are different, we should just call them both the same thing. And I'm fine with gays having all the same rights in their union as marriage, but apparently they MUST have the name. Has to be, in your face, don't care about the rights without the name, and we must accept it. I must accept it. If they say 2+2=5, we must agree. A familiar ring from the left.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #688
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Then your point is that you don't care if they are different, we should just call them both the same thing. And I'm fine with gays having all the same rights in their union as marriage, but apparently they MUST have the name. Has to be, in your face, don't care about the rights without the name, and we must accept it. I must accept it. If they say 2+2=5, we must agree. A familiar ring from the left.
    Unless you can properly demonstrate that the difference matters, then you have no argument.

  9. #689
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Then your point is that you don't care if they are different, we should just call them both the same thing. And I'm fine with gays having all the same rights in their union as marriage, but apparently they MUST have the name. Has to be, in your face, don't care about the rights without the name, and we must accept it. I must accept it. If they say 2+2=5, we must agree. A familiar ring from the left.
    The name is not based on procreation, because infertile couples are still referred to as married. An infertile couple will never produce children. That's your criteria, remember.

    Anthony60: it's not in your face, you don't have a right to sole ownership of a word, and you don't have to accept it. You still get to disapprove all you want. You still get to rant and rave all day that same-sex marriages aren't real marriages. You have that right.

    What you don't have is the right to actually enforce that belief on others in violation of the US constitution.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #690
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The name is not based on procreation, because infertile couples are still referred to as married. An infertile couple will never produce children. That's your criteria, remember.

    Anthony60: it's not in your face, you don't have a right to sole ownership of a word, and you don't have to accept it. You still get to disapprove all you want. You still get to rant and rave all day that same-sex marriages aren't real marriages. You have that right.

    What you don't have is the right to actually enforce that belief on others in violation of the US constitution.
    I'm getting a little tired of people twisting what I say, to something I didn't say, so as to fit their inadequate argument.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •