Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #631
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,078

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    [QUOTE=bubbabgone;1063006573]
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Based on what I have read, homosexual parents are under a sort of implicit pressure to raise heterosexual kids because of the expectation that homosexual parents raise gay kids. As such, it is kind of one of those situations where there is no way to know how the environment plays out because societal expectations and stigmas could also be influencing the environment the children are raised in. In the few studies that look into the sexuality of children raised in homes with a homosexual parent, they tend to find those people grow up more comfortable exploring their sexuality,

    Right. That was the point.
    I wasn't trying to suggest that children of gay parents are trained to be gay but just like with all child development there is certainly a strong tendency for what they experience in the home to become part of their own life because they think that's how it's supposed to be.
    And yes, it can overwhelm how they otherwise would have behaved.
    At a minimum ... it would likely be thoroughly confusing.
    The amount of exposure to alternatives seems to me to be a critical factor.

    Regardless, as you've said, too few studies with too small samples ... and that's not good.
    seems like their a bit less repressed rather then overwhelmed by anything

    what exactly is this the how its supposed to be you speak of?

  2. #632
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,078

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Ah, you've touched on another way the left is destroying this country. Kids and marriage? Nah, they don't have anything to do with each other. Why have a mother and a father? Any mish mash will do for the left. As long as it means more welfare and votes for them.
    Holy bull**** bat man!

  3. #633
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    That is performing a homosexual act because of your life's situation. Hold that thought.

    The point was about the influence of the person's life environment.

    It was related to the possible effect on a young female of being raised by 2 gay women and being exposed to their lifestyle throughout her formative years.
    Exactly....they arent gay...they just have sex.

    So a young girl isnt going to 'turn gay' because of her parents. If she's not 'attracted' in the physical way, she wont 'turn gay. Think about your attraction to women....would that change? Even as a kid I was very aware of my attraction.

    And lots of kids...boys and girls...experiment with sex. It doesnt change their orientation altho as you pointed out...people can generally have any kind of sex they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #634
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    [QUOTE=bubbabgone;1063006573]
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Based on what I have read, homosexual parents are under a sort of implicit pressure to raise heterosexual kids because of the expectation that homosexual parents raise gay kids. As such, it is kind of one of those situations where there is no way to know how the environment plays out because societal expectations and stigmas could also be influencing the environment the children are raised in. In the few studies that look into the sexuality of children raised in homes with a homosexual parent, they tend to find those people grow up more comfortable exploring their sexuality,

    Right. That was the point.
    I wasn't trying to suggest that children of gay parents are trained to be gay but just like with all child development there is certainly a strong tendency for what they experience in the home to become part of their own life because they think that's how it's supposed to be.
    And yes, it can overwhelm how they otherwise would have behaved.
    At a minimum ... it would likely be thoroughly confusing.
    The amount of exposure to alternatives seems to me to be a critical factor.

    Regardless, as you've said, too few studies with too small samples ... and that's not good.
    It doesnt really matter...you cant change it. As people have already pointed out, there are (and have been) gay families with their natural kids in them, and kids they have thru surrogates, in vitro, etc. That's not going to go away...the govt isnt going to come in and take their kids.

    There arent any serious studies that show any issues....and yet we DO know of the risks in single parent homes, or homes of divorced kids. And there is lots of abuses in the so-called traditional families...I'm pretty sure gays arent going to be dragging down their stats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #635
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Ah, you've touched on another way the left is destroying this country. Kids and marriage? Nah, they don't have anything to do with each other. Why have a mother and a father? Any mish mash will do for the left. As long as it means more welfare and votes for them.
    Gay families contain 2 parents...there is plenty of data showing the risks to kids in single parent homes and homes of divorce....but not for kids with gay parents. It's not a 'mish mash'...that just shows your socially damaging disrespect for gay people. The most important things for kids in ANY family are love and security and gays can provide that like anyone else.

    It certainly doesnt mean 'more welfare votes' since gays tend to have higher income levels, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #636
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You have failed to show how procreation should be used as the basis for banning marriage.
    Didn't try.

    You have failed to show how same-sex marriage harms children
    Didn't try.

    You have failed to justify the state's gender-based distinction in face of the 14th amendment to the US constitution.
    There isn't any.
    I am for more stable, loving households in which children can be raised. You are against it.
    That's wrong.
    If a baseball player can only get a hit 3 times out of every 10 at bats, he has a pretty good chance at making the Hall of Fame. In your case, it's an abysmal failure.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #637
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    There isn't any.
    "Man" and "Woman" refer to gender. Defining marriage as between a man and a woman therefore has a gender-based distinction.

    That's wrong.
    If a baseball player can only get a hit 3 times out of every 10 at bats, he has a pretty good chance at making the Hall of Fame. In your case, it's an abysmal failure.
    Children aren't baseball players. Exactly what is this analogy supposed to tell me?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #638
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,078

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Didn't try.



    Didn't try.



    There isn't any.


    That's wrong.
    If a baseball player can only get a hit 3 times out of every 10 at bats, he has a pretty good chance at making the Hall of Fame. In your case, it's an abysmal failure.
    you need to add a couple more didn't try's to the description of your post

  9. #639
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    you need to add a couple more didn't try's to the description of your post
    Why? It has the correct number already.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #640
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    On the contrary, I love Batman. My favorite DC hero though is the original Robin, Dick Grayson.

    However, my point was that obviously Batman not only was raised by a single man, but also raised multiple orphans to be superheroes. The first Robin especially was best being raised by Bruce Wayne/Batman due to the very fact that they shared the common tragedy of losing their parents to violent crimes and Batman could teach Robin to seek justice rather than revenge. And he had the resources to do it. Having a wife would not have made Batman any more or less fit to raise children. Raising children is mainly based on situation and ability and willingness to do so, not gender. (Both Bruce Wayne and Alfred have some serious flaws in being parents though, especially when it comes to emotional needs of children.)
    I notice that in some of the newer Batman cartoons, you can still hear Adam West voicing characters, like Commisioner Gordon and Thomas Wayne, he is in his mid 80's. And hey, don't forget Aunt Harriet.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •