Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #611
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,016

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    They are the exception no matter how you try to twist it.

    So your telling me the vast majority of married people dont have children? If children didnt come from sex marriage never would have been invented. Then again none of us would be here
    You are wrong. The reason for marriage is not children. But regardless, those exceptions are still allowed to marry. In fact, in a few states, a requirement for certain couples to get married is that they cannot be able to have children or be passed the main age of childbearing. In fact, in every state there is no upper age limit for marriage. The rule is that most women over 55 cannot bear/have children anymore, the exceptions being those that can and yet every woman over 55 is still allowed to legally marry.

    I'm telling you that the number of opposite sex couples that cannot or do not have children during their marriages, even longterm marriages, outnumber the number of same sex couples who would get married. This is especially true given that the number of those married couples who are childless increases every year. And this doesn't even include those who have to use some other method to have children, including IVF, surrogacy, sperm donation, children from previous marriages, or adoption.

    And the fact still remains that the vast majority of people would still remain married to the person they chose to marry and be allowed to do so even if they could not have children with that person. This logically proves that the main purpose of marriage has nothing to do with procreation.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #612
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,016

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Marriage is not a right
    Marriage is a right, declared so by the SCOTUS multiple times. Not all rights are listed out specifically in the Constitution (in fact, there is an Amendment that specifically states this fact).

    And besides that, equal protection under the law is a right which means anything the state has laws regarding, people have a right to equal protection of those laws or in the application of those laws. This means the state must justify any restrictions shown to treat people differently within the laws by showing how those restrictions further a legitimate state interest.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #613
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,016

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    exactly. you buy into gay marriage then you must also, by the same argument accept polygamy(and whatever lies beyond). You really find it THAT hard to believe many, many people aren't willing to jump on board with your "hippie commune" future? Changing a society FOUNDED on certain social institutions and simply throwing them into the trash bin isn't just wrong, it's dangerous.
    Wrong. All it takes is knowing the laws and how constitutional law, particularly regarding equal protection which is what comes into play here, works. The state can discriminate and can make restrictions on laws based on furthering a state interest. It does so all the time when it comes to age, relationships status (having a legal relationship recognized by the government and not), prior convictions, currently incarcerated, disabilities, and even other things that are blatantly what people would consider no-go for discrimination. The key is the state must show a legitimate state interest is being furthered by such restrictions. Really young people cannot enter into contracts because they lack maturity to really understand what they are agreeing to which can lead to financial issues. People who are blind cannot get a driver's license because the state has an interest in ensuring that only people who can demonstrate an ability to drive safely be allowed to drive. Those convicted of violent crimes/felonies cannot own a gun because they have demonstrated that they have violent tendencies that have a higher potential of leading to others getting harmed if they own a gun. It is all about the ability of the state(s) to show that a restriction within a law furthers a legitimate state interest. They cannot do this when it comes to restrictions based on sex/gender on marriage but have been able to show them in the past with challenges to number restrictions on marriage (and likely can show it in possible later challenges to laws that ban multiple spouses).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #614
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,016

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    That is performing a homosexual act because of your life's situation. Hold that thought.

    The point was about the influence of the person's life environment.

    It was related to the possible effect on a young female of being raised by 2 gay women and being exposed to their lifestyle throughout her formative years.
    And it has been shown through research that a person is no more likely to be gay when raised by two men or two women than they are when raised by opposite sex parents.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #615
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,568

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm sorry you continue to bring it up in the context of gay marriage when it has nothing to do with it.
    Ah, you've touched on another way the left is destroying this country. Kids and marriage? Nah, they don't have anything to do with each other. Why have a mother and a father? Any mish mash will do for the left. As long as it means more welfare and votes for them.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #616
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    In any event, if a person's life environment can't influence whether they participate in homosexual activities how do you explain the "discrepancy" of homosexual activity in prisons?
    Seriously? People in prisons aren't "gay". They are heterosexuals placed in a situation where the only sex available to them is with another man. The vast majority return to heterosexual sex when they get released. It isn't a matter of turning gay. Geeeeeeesh!


    A gay person can have straight sex....it doesn't turn them straight. That was tried as a "Cure" for ages.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #617
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh, I guess it's just your questions that should be answered, not mine. How very liberal of you. Well, you may not be reading my posts at all and just continuing with your agenda, also very liberal of you. So tolerant, you folks on the left are. Well, post me some info about two gay men in a marriage where one of them bares a child, then we will have something to discuss!

    Did you get down this far? I am just checking to see if you are reading this at all. Which one is taller, Stalin or Obama? Other than that, I think they are exactly the same. The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain. Hopefully not when Michelle is blowing our money on an extravagant vacation there. Still reading? Okay, go to sleep now.
    I see no reason to answer irrelevant questions. If I asked you in this thread what you thought about Justin Bieber, you'd think it was irrelevant to the discussion, yes?

    Well, whether or not gay people can procreate is irrelevant. You've basically admitted as much by refusing to actually state that procreation is integral to marriage. We let infertile couples marry, therefore barring same-sex couples from marrying on the grounds that they can't procreate is just trying to hide your prejudice.

    I assume you're done with this thread now, so don't respond.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #618
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Ah, you've touched on another way the left is destroying this country. Kids and marriage? Nah, they don't have anything to do with each other. Why have a mother and a father? Any mish mash will do for the left. As long as it means more welfare and votes for them.
    Are you suggesting that we ban adoption and single-parent households or is this just another attempt to hide your prejudice behind this "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" nonsense?

    News flash: same-sex couples raise children just as well as heterosexual parents do.

    But you go to sleep now. Don't respond. I command you not to post in this thread anymore, since apparently you've decided we get to do that around here.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #619
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,016

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Ah, you've touched on another way the left is destroying this country. Kids and marriage? Nah, they don't have anything to do with each other. Why have a mother and a father? Any mish mash will do for the left. As long as it means more welfare and votes for them.
    You have a Batman symbol for your avatar and you are seriously arguing about the importance of a mother and a father in a marriage being most important for raising children?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #620
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,568

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You have a Batman symbol for your avatar and you are seriously arguing about the importance of a mother and a father in a marriage being most important for raising children?
    Now we are on to something important. You got a problem with Batman? Hey, Alfred did the best he could. So yes, Batman has issues. And yes, he grew up without a mother and father. Though, if Alfred were gay, he'd probably be wearing some type chaps instead of the Bat suit.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •