Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It is so blatantly pathetic and absurd to try and equate racial inequalities and interracial marriage to homosexuality.

    It reminds me of when athletes say they're "going to war" with their teammates. No, no you're not going to war, but whatever floats your boat, Biff.
    it makers perfect sense people who could Mary some people but not one another even though their both consenting adults who are not closely related by blood

  2. #442
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    My girlfriends uncle has been with his man for almost thirty years now and from what I can tell, very happy
    now to be fair their not all that perverted because their gay

    about on par with us lefty's ( handed that is kids left handed )

  3. #443
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,037

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    A society made up of only heterosexuals will survive. A society made up of only homosexuals will die out in short order. The natural vs the un-natural.
    Flawed premise. No society is ever made up of one or the other. Plus, homosexuals can still make children. They just require outside help, that is completely available to them. They can hook up with other couples for the sole purpose of procreation, either having one couple raise the children/child or both couples have a say. There is IVF, sperm donations, and surrogacy. There would be a huge decline of abortions (abortions would mainly be used only for birth defects). Unwanted pregnancies in general would basically go away.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #444
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Really? The law states marriage is between one man and one woman. It does not say of the same race. So interracial marriage fits the law while homosexual does not.

    And do you have to be gay or in love to marry another man? Maybe i want to do it to get a mortgage i could not qualify for if I were not married.
    ya the law made no mention of race accept for the ones that did

    cant go changing laws just cause they don't have any rational justification an disincarnate against people

    .....anymore I guess

  5. #445
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,037

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    your posts are a little hard core for my taste, but it does make me ponder what evolution and survival of the fittest would have to say about sexual relations with no chance of reproduction. The left is so busy using science as a weapon against religion; how about aiming that weapon at your own arguments.
    Childless couples aid our species when it comes to survival of the fittest and ensuring children have enough resources available to reach reproductive age. Childless couples have more resources (for the most part) available to provide for parentless children, particularly when those children are related to one of the adults in the childless couple. This would be even more true prior to our current cultures.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #446
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    That is clearly unconstitutional as they are using race. Is homosexuality now a race? Can I tell you are homosexual just by looking at you? Is discrimination in any form unconstitutional?

    Do you even have to love someone to marry them? This is a canard. Love is an emotion and nothing to base law upon. There are many reasons to marry love being only one of them.
    their people under the protraction of the 14 amendment

    Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

  7. #447
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You're so institutionally brainwashed with this topic, I'll just pass on the banter, pat you on the head, and ask you to run along. Good day.

    Ad Hominem



    "If a crazy serial killer who believes he is surrounded by Teletubbies argues that if you drop a ball, it'll fall to the ground, because gravity will pull the ball towards the Earth, is he wrong? Do the arguments become less valid because you think there's something wrong with the person behind the arguments? Will the ball start falling upwards from now on?"
    óDeadpan Snarker Dendrophilian of YouTube

    Refuting an argument by attacking some aspect of the person making it, rather than addressing the content of the argument itself. It can consist of an attack on the person making the argument; the source of their information; their circumstances; their previous position; or a discrepancy between their actions and their argument.
    Ad hominem is very often mistakenly claimed in cases where an argument's opponent attacks its proponent in addition to presenting a valid counterargument. "You're stupid, therefore your argument is invalid" is an ad hominem; "your argument is invalid, therefore you're stupid" (or "Your argument is invalid and you're stupid") is not. Similarly, some people seem to think that Ad Hominem is necessarily abusive, which it isn't. "You've used the 'Four Terms' fallacy, you stupid idiot, therefore you're using faulty logic" is not Ad Hominem (although it might be Fallacy Fallacy if done badly). "Mike has clearly put a lot of thought into whether we should buy a pool, but he is a convicted felon" is.

    Main/Ad Hominem - Television Tropes & Idioms

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    If it is indifference it is a callous one and unavoidably one must ask what kind of man can be so callous to not care about injustice to his fellow man? Indifference in this case is self defeating, because discrimination is not always perpetrated by only some people and always to others, we all become victims of it sooner or later, but I suspect that indifference is not the case here.

    No, nature has not capacity for indifference.

    Meaningless double talk. WE are the government.

    That is just something you are hiding behind. In this case there is not need to support any rights ans they are not being threatened.

    Actually you have proven the opposite.

    But as you well know that is not the case. No one must provide anything. The individual is offering his property for sale to the public. If the individual does not wish to offer his property to sale to the public there are ways to do that too. The individual is making all the decisions and each one has its own pros and cons. We as a civilized society have established from precedents that certain rules must apply when one deals with the public and no one is asked or forced to deal with the public.

    But no association comes into play either so this too is nothing more than an unfounded attempt to excuse bigotry and bigotry has been deemed detrimental to an orderly and civilized society.
    You want to know the true meaning of liberty past all the bull****? It's means I can say **** you to anyone I feel like. I don't have to do business with you; I don't have to share my property with you; I don't have to associate with you; I don't have to be bothered with you at all. It means I can tell whomever I feel like to **** off for any damn reason I feel like telling them to **** off. It is my property and no one has the right to tell me I can't tell them to **** off when they want me to share it with them. It is my labor and service and no has the right to tell me I can't tell them to **** off when I don't wish to provide it to them. It is my association, and I can refuse whomever I feel like. Why? Because that is my right, and it my liberty to do with my life as I damn well please.
    Last edited by Henrin; 03-06-14 at 07:29 PM.

  9. #449
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,110

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's all based on politics and make believe. Surely you don't consider the current evolution of our legal system or government to have serious intellectual integrity anymore.
    or you know reason and commons sense that's what it is based on

  10. #450
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You think that strengthens your argument? It just adds another disturbing layer.
    Theres nothing disturbing about it. Why are you threatened by it?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •