Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #431
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So considering that men and women are different exactly how is the marriage between two people of the same sex the same as a marriage between people of the opposite sex? This should be fun.

    It's one thing to say it's a human right to get married, but it's another to ignore innate differences in the sexes.
    Everyone is different from everyone else. No two people are the same. Generalizations do your argument no good here unless you can show how that difference will actually come into a relevant play when it comes to the actual laws associated with marriage, spouses, etc. Is a man only able to legally make decisions on life or death for a woman but not another man? Can a woman not inherit another woman's property? Can only a man be named under a woman's insurance? Can only wives grieve at the graves of their inlaws? There is no difference in the sexes that prevents them from upholding all the legal obligations of a marriage contract or from gaining the legal privileges rights of the legal marriage. Nothing in marriage requires a difference of the sexes.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #432
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, except that wouldn't make the marriage itself the same. That would just make their reasons for entering into the marriage the same. I'm not judging the marriage as good or bad, but just saying there is very little chance all things considered the marriage is the same.
    No two marriages are ever going to be the same, no matter who it is between. But there is nothing that makes same sex marriages legally non-viable.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #433
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Nothing. They only want the exact same thing as other married couples. So most of us would like to know what the big deal is...why there are objections. Nothing special about it.

    What is 'unequal' about it?
    They want to make children? The main reason for marriage is so the state knows who owns what. Not so two people who supposedly love each other can live together for benefits
    Why not allow polygamy? Why cant I marry a pig? And dont tell me because it cant consent. It doesnt consent when I eat bacon. It wont hurt anyone if i do.[/QUOTE]

    you can assign property in a gay marriage like you could for a hetero sexual one

    marriage to a pig or to multiple people is not exactly like some hetero sexual marriages that we allow homosexual marriages are

    you cant scare people away from gay marriage by running out of reasons to objecting to it and then pretending your not able to find any reasons to object to something else

    its like your saying, O no! I=If we have gay marriage we must allow these other things, because I cant come up with a sensible reason to stop them either. Gosh we gots to ban the gay marriage now!

  4. #434
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....you have no idea. There are many gay men and women who have their own biological children. That may surprise you, but it happens all the time. I'll leave it to you to figure out the details. I'm sure with some thought you can figure it out.
    You think that strengthens your argument? It just adds another disturbing layer.

  5. #435
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    So lets anyone marry anyone and anything they like. Why the hell not. It wont effect me.

    Besides gays have always been allowed to marry. Its about the state recognizing it so they can get benefits, I dont want heterosexual marriages getting any either. I want the state out of marriage.
    well till that happens can you drop the gay marriage means anything must go bull **** and just let them have equality in peace till this hole state related marriage thing is over?

  6. #436
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    You can discuss something without it being "into your crosshairs."

    I did go to the gun range yesterday and put some paper targets in my crosshairs.
    but you cant avoid being a hypocrite if you deny marriage to some couples on the basis of their ability to have kids and then don't do the same to others

  7. #437
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    What a bunch of overstated, self-absorbed, codependent psychobabble.

    They're not "barred". You can't be barred from something that can't be by basic definition. We're twisting the definition of a word to placate them so they can play pretend. Nothing more. Doesn't change what real marriage is.

    And with that, I've spent WAY too much time on this ridiculous subject the past 24 hours. Hasta la vista.
    no that's bull ****

    denying marge to couples based on gender is not equal protection under the law the same as if you tried that bull **** based on the race of a couple

  8. #438
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Not the same thing in the least. They fit the laws but were denied marriage despite that.
    gay couples fit the laws they meet every requirement you have for a hetero sexual couple 2 people not to closely related can give legal consent to the marriage

    its obvious reproductive potential is not an issue when theirs no requirement to have kids or to be able to have kids of your own

    you don't even have to stick a penis into a vagina so

    everything you need to do they can do as well

  9. #439
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Lots of them don't have kids, and barring a health problem, that is a choice that is made in their marriage. Gay couples, no choice. Sounds different to me, but I am able to comprehend facts, I am not a liberal. But oh, it just would feel so good if a gay man could conceive a child! But, in that case, we wouldn't be having this discussion. That's Fantasy Island.
    Again, millions of gay people have NATURAL children. So you are the one in Fantasy Island territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #440
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It is NOTHING like interracial marriage. Stop trying to paint and equate yourself as some sort of long-mistreated race of people that has endured struggles through history. It's dumb and illogical. You're just guys that prefer sex with other guys. That's it. You've never been forced to do hard labor or refused access to a university or disallowed from using a public bathroom.
    its a lot like interracial marriage

    gay couples cant get married because people who don't like homosexuality don't want them to

    just like it was with black and white couples

    and both racial minority's and homosexuals have to put up with a lot of ass holes

    who could be violent who made laws against them


    Sodomy laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    getting international for a bit

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecu..._the_Holocaust

    BBC News - Nigeria gays: 20 lashes for 'homosexual offences'

Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •