Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    136

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Because states routinely have laws that are counter to the constitution. That is, in part, why we have the Federal Court System established.

    It would not be as necessary if states or the federal government just never had unconstitutional laws passed. But that's not the case.

    Is your argument seriously that because a law is on the books it's constitutional? Despite the mountain of evidence highlighting SCOTUS cases documenting where a state had a law, sometimes even a long standing law, and it was over turned becuase it was unconstitutional?

    If SCOTUS has declared it unconstitutional how do most states still have these laws?


    Also the civil war was fought over nullification. The idea that the states had the right to nullify what they saw as unconstitutional federal laws. Marriage is the province of the individual states not the federal government.

  2. #322
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    A man can marry a woman and a woman can marry a man . Both have the right to marry a person of the opposite sex
    So basically, seperate but equal.

    Which case law shows is unconstitutional.

    Thank you for making my own argument for me.

    Under the law a Man can do something a woman can not do...marry a woman. This is gender discrimination. To be constitutional, one must demonstrate an important state interest that said discrimination is substantively related to serving.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another deflection and facts are still wining
    do you have anything new to post that hasn't been destroyed yet?
    No, continue on with your little forum circle jerk. That's the MO around here.

    I don't need distorted semantics to tell me what marriage is, and has been, for 5,000 years.

  4. #324
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    A man can marry a woman and a woman can marry a man . Both have the right to marry a person of the opposite sex

    Men and women are inherently separate but equal
    "A black can marry a black and a white can marry a white

    Blacks and whites are inherently separate but equal."

  5. #325
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Persecution complex, nothing more.
    No, my side is just at work.

    Now, I've got to get on a plane. Have fun.

  6. #326
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I don't need distorted semantics to tell me what marriage is, and has been, for 5,000 years.
    It's been many things in many cultures including same sex.

  7. #327
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, my side is just at work.

    Now, I've got to get on a plane. Have fun.
    Ooh, you sound important. Only important people get on airplanes.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    03-13-14 @ 11:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    136

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ridiculous. Every McDonald's customer is not a murderer.

    No, you can't. You can leave your property to a human being in a trust to be used to take care of the dog. The dog does not actually own the property.


    True, but not relevant to this discussion. The state is barring gays from getting some of those benefits, in violation of the 14th amendment.


    Between a man and a woman isn't universal either.

    You're full of it. You absolutely do want to block someones' rights. You're hiding it behind this libertarian nonsense because you know the other arguments failed. You never, ever, even once expressed the idea that the government should "get out of marriage" until it became obvious that same-sex marriage was definitely going to happen.


    Correct. Same-sex marriage does not affect you, and therefore should be legal. While the government can constitutional eliminate all marriages, you know as well as everyone else that this isn't going to happen. As long as the government recognizes marriage, it must do so in accordance with the 14th amendment, which precludes a gender-based distinction in absence of an important state interest.


    See? This is how I know your libertarianism is bull****. An actual libertarian wouldn't be spitting out the social conservative rhetoric like this. An actual libertarian would recognize that the people have the right to dissolve a contract they created.

    You aren't a libertarian. Stop lying to yourself, and stop lying to me.
    Then you have not read my other posts. Either keep it as it is or let everyone marry who and what the like. I think one man and one woman makes sense. But thats just me. Im a Libertarian and really dont give a flying you know what about who marries who. i do care that they can get special privileges from the government for it however

    Next we should stop picking on pedophiles. Heck Mohamed married a 9 year old. But that wont effect me so who cares?

  9. #329
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162]

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    If SCOTUS has declared it unconstitutional how do most states still have these laws?


    Also the civil war was fought over nullification. The idea that the states had the right to nullify what they saw as unconstitutional federal laws. Marriage is the province of the individual states not the federal government.
    And how did that go? The whole nullification thing?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #330
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Then you have not read my other posts. Either keep it as it is or let everyone marry who and what the like. I think one man and one woman makes sense. But thats just me. Im a Libertarian and really dont give a flying you know what about who marries who. i do care that they can get special privileges from the government for it however

    Next we should stop picking on pedophiles. Heck Mohamed married a 9 year old. But that wont effect me so who cares?
    Animals and children cannot consent to legal contracts. Feel free to start lobbying to change that, Mr. Libertarian. Since you're so interested in marrying animals and children.

    I also like the not-so-subtle jab at Islam. Yeah, I'm sure this isn't just Christian social conservatism in disguise. You really have me convinced.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •