Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You are mistaking "parent" with "sperm donor" or "Biological father". They are not the same. A kid may want to believe that his adoptive father is his biological father...and he would be wrong.
    On the other hand, the same kid may refuse to accept his biological father/sperm donor as his "real parent" because that person had zero to do with parenting him and raising him, and the kid would be absolutely correct.
    Parenting is not donating a sperm or an egg. That is where you premise fails.
    Once the egg is fertilized and a zygote is produced both parties involved are parents. My premise is not only sound logically, but scientifically sound. We can talk of when the male party gets parental rights, but to suggest he isn't a parent is wrong. Anyone that really believes a caregiver is a parent might be right in their own little society, but outside of that they are wrong.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Don't fool yourself. You may want to believe you aren't supporting bigotry, but that is exactly what you are doing.
    I know what I support and don't support. I don't think you're qualified to tell me what I support.

  3. #203
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,139

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    but you can't make the argument that people have the right to a government marriage.
    Why not? If you can get marred then so should anyone else.

    The only reason it has to be extended is because it exists in the first place, but government marriage by itself is not a human right.
    Neither is the governments right to deny marrioage to anyone.

    As for private discrimination, yes, people have the right to discriminate against anyone
    Nice defense of bigotry, but no they do not have the right to discriminate in matters that are open to the public.

    they please and those people that were sitting at the lunch counters were trespassing on private property.
    That is ignorant banter. You can not trespass on certain parts of a property open to the public.

    The reason I laugh at gays
    It is a way to channel prejudice and mask ignorance.

    when they start bitching about not getting a government marriage is only because they keep referring to the government marriage as a human right
    It is a human right to be treated like your fellow human.

  4. #204
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Once the egg is fertilized and a zygote is produced both parties involved are parents. My premise is not only sound logically, but scientifically sound. We can talk of when the male party gets parental rights, but to suggest he isn't a parent is wrong. Anyone that really believes a caregiver is a parent might be right in their own little society, but outside of that they are wrong.
    Nope. The fertilzing of the egg and production of a zygote associates them biologically, but it doesn't make them a "parent". You don't understand the difference between a sperm donor and a parent. Your premise is only scientifically sound in that it makes the sperm donor the biological father. It doesn't make him a parent. You are starting from a flawed premise which incidentally makes your continuing arguments invalid as well. You need to be able to understand the distinction between a parent and a biological father/sperm donor. They are not one and the same.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #205
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I know what I support and don't support. I don't think you're qualified to tell me what I support.
    You can choose to believe whatever you want. But when you don't support anti-discrimination laws, you are inherently supporting bigotry. That may not be your main motivation, collaterally you are.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. The fertilzing of the egg and production of a zygote associates them biologically, but it doesn't make them a "parent". You don't understand the difference between a sperm donor and a parent. Your premise is only scientifically sound in that it makes the sperm donor the biological father. It doesn't make him a parent. You are starting from a flawed premise which incidentally makes your continuing arguments invalid as well. You need to be able to understand the distinction between a parent and a biological father/sperm donor. They are not one and the same.
    Sorry, but they are one in the same thing. There is no distinction between the two at all. Btw, the sperm donor crap is still false.

  7. #207
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sorry, but they are one in the same thing. There is no distinction between the two at all. Btw, the sperm donor crap is still false.
    Again...hate to tell you, but you are wrong. I'm not going to continue to argue this with you. You choose to believe a false premise...that's your choice. It won't ever make it so. Shooting a sperm has never and never will make someone a parent. That's it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You can choose to believe whatever you want. But when you don't support anti-discrimination laws, you are inherently supporting bigotry. That may not be your main motivation, collaterally you are.
    Not supporting a law on the matter doesn't mean I support or don't support anything inherently. If I say people have the right to their property, labor, service and association than that is what I mean. People might use those rights to discriminate against others, but that doesn't mean I support such actions. All it means is that I understand that people have the right to discriminate if they so decide. It just so happens to also mean that I understand that people have the right to complain and not do business with those people either.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Again...hate to tell you, but you are wrong. I'm not going to continue to argue this with you. You choose to believe a false premise...that's your choice. It won't ever make it so. Shooting a sperm has never and never will make someone a parent. That's it.
    I never said shooting sperm by itself meant anything. What I said is that when the sperm fertilizes the egg the man is a father. That argument is right no matter how you look at it. Btw, who does the state consider first on the custody chain? The biological parents. Who must give up their rights or have them removed for some else to have the kids? Those same people. Everyone else is always just a caregiver in any sense of the word.

  10. #210
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not supporting a law on the matter doesn't mean I support or don't support anything inherently. If I say people have the right to their property, labor, service and association than that is what I mean. People might use those rights to discriminate against others, but that doesn't mean I support such actions. All it means is that I understand that people have the right to discriminate if they so decide. It just so happens to also mean that I understand that people have the right to complain and not do business with those people either.
    Your support has allowed them to discriminate whether you support it or not. Its like being an aider/abettor.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •