Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #171
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Here we go with the name calling when we have a different opinion.........So stale and boring.....Bring something to the table for once.
    Pointing out bigotry is not name calling. It is sad that you have to argue to be one to feel good about yourself.

  2. #172
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it means they never knew their parents. Anyway, nice job using the terms egg donor and sperm donor. Real nice. Those terms are meant to insult people, so yeah.
    Case in point....complicated story -one of my best friends (who has known for most of his life that he was adopted) came across a letter from his bio mom when he had to seek out biological information due to some potentially life threatening illnesses his own biological daughter was suffering from. He ended up finding the adoption agency that his adoptive parents went through and found out that a few years ago, his bio mom sent a letter to the agency in the hopes that one day he might seek her out. This happened about the same time we were adopting our sons. I asked him if he was going to reply, he said no. I asked why. He said he had no interest. She wasn't his mom. I found that interesting, because if it had been me...most likely I would have wanted to meet her, if for nothing other than curiosity. His feeling was one of zero connection to her. His response was, my parents are my parents. They are the only parents I've ever known or ever want to know. I realize that everyone is different. But it completely dispels your mistaken premise.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,081

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    In very small circles, maybe. You're living in small circles.
    you and every one else have yet to give a reason why those circles of any size cant just jeep growing and growing

    though I do hear on her people unhappy with such growth believe that it must be due to a conspiracy of manipulation and not their own failings

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,081

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Good gosh, stop comparing gays to the plights of slaves. So getting formally married (versus a civil union) is akin to forced labor and post whippings?

    And last I checked, gay people have been working and voting for a long, long time.

    Little dramatic, don't you think?
    stop the comparisons!

  5. #175
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it means they never knew their parents. Anyway, nice job using the terms egg donor and sperm donor. Real nice. Those terms are meant to insult people, so yeah.
    BTW...I'm not using the terms to "insult" anyone. I'm simply pointing out the facts. There are many many many cases where a guy has sex with a girl and donates sperm, but is never a father or a parent. Same goes with the girl, but not as common. That isn't insulting...it is what it is.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,081

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Here's the problem. EVERYBODY is discriminated against. Everybody. Short guys don't get to play post on the basketball team. Slow guys don't get to run track. Homely girls don't get anywhere near the attention and opportunities that the pretty ones do. Smart kids get scholarships that mentally challenged kids don't. Type A people get more opportunities in business that more reserved people do.

    Gay people, and many minorities of different types, have this incessant mindset that they face challenges and other people have life handed to them in whatever shape or form they wish.

    That alone has kept the black community in a vice grip of failure. This notion that white people have the world handed to them on a six-figure platter. And strangely enough, there is discrimination within the black community among the lighter and darker varieties of people.

    This is such a wussified, overly sensitive, reality TV driven, needy world we live in. Frankly, it weeds out the weak. My daughters will greatly benefit from that one day.
    they all think every one else has it so nice

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Case in point....complicated story -one of my best friends (who has known for most of his life that he was adopted) came across a letter from his bio mom when he had to seek out biological information due to some potentially life threatening illnesses his own biological daughter was suffering from. He ended up finding the adoption agency that his adoptive parents went through and found out that a few years ago, his bio mom sent a letter to the agency in the hopes that one day he might seek her out. This happened about the same time we were adopting our sons. I asked him if he was going to reply, he said no. I asked why. He said he had no interest. She wasn't his mom. I found that interesting, because if it had been me...most likely I would have wanted to meet her, if for nothing other than curiosity. His feeling was one of zero connection to her. His response was, my parents are my parents. They are the only parents I've ever known or ever want to know. I realize that everyone is different. But it completely dispels your mistaken premise.
    How does it dispel my premise? The boy didn't know the woman, and as you would expect didn't have much interest in the relationship. Hell, he is probably hurt by being thrown aside and has just decided to be done with her for good. That is pretty much to be expected. Perception is not the same thing as reality.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    BTW...I'm not using the terms to "insult" anyone. I'm simply pointing out the facts. There are many many many cases where a guy has sex with a girl and donates sperm, but is never a father or a parent. Same goes with the girl, but not as common. That isn't insulting...it is what it is.
    If he provided the sperm in the creation of a child he is a father. That is a biological fact.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,734

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Oh? So at what point is a persons right to a kid established when they adopt a kid? Is it perhaps AFTER they adopt the kid?
    Your statement was whining about gay rights, and that is what the response was to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #180
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How does it dispel my premise? The boy didn't know the woman, and as you would expect didn't have much interest in the relationship. Hell, he is probably hurt by being thrown aside and has just decided to be done with her for good. That is pretty much to be expected. Perception is not the same thing as reality.
    It dispels your premise because in your argument, his bio mom is his parent and the couple who raised him are just people who raised him, not his parents. He would say otherwise...as I would suspect would many many other adopted kids.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •