Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,082

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Gay marriage, maybe. But that wasn't the Berlin Wall you guys made it out to be. It's more under the category of "Seriously?" than anything.

    But if you're expecting it to be just as normal as traditional marriage, you're living in a dream. It won't because it simply isn't, and cant be.
    if what you mean by normal is simply common then your right.

    if what you mean about normal is being as widely accepted then your wrong

    the anti gay marriage crowed has tried their best to tell us why its some how bad to have gay marriage and its their great failure in doing so that's causing this change to occur

    so some day most people may simply not care if your gay or married to some one of the same gender

  2. #132
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I hope I am wrong...and I know you didn't SAY it...but it certainly comes across that way, even subtley. I believe that you say that you don't love them any more...I just hope that you really don't.
    Not in the slightest. Frankly, I don't even think about it much anymore. I don't feel any differently when they do well in school or play well in athletics, or anything.

    But at first, it is different. You have to consider things you wouldn't otherwise. You have to understand they feel differently at times. They're not stupid, and you're not immediately their parents. You're just the boss at first. You become dad later on. It's more up to them than you, unlike your biological kid who were stuck with you from the get go.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    or get together with like minded people and expose why that kind of discrimination has no rational or legal basis.
    They have been trying to do that already. I don't buy their case and it seems to run counter to known sciences.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    if what you mean by normal is simply common then your right.

    if what you mean about normal is being as widely accepted then your wrong

    the anti gay marriage crowed has tried their best to tell us why its some how bad to have gay marriage and its their great failure in doing so that's causing this change to occur

    so some day most people may simply not care if your gay or married to some one of the same gender
    In very small circles, maybe. You're living in small circles.

  5. #135
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I've got to call BS on that, or at least those are the worst adoptive parents I've ever heard of. If anything, the tendency is to overcompensate for the adopted kids, something we are really careful not to do. It's natural to feel the need to because you want them to feel your love more to reassure them since they don't look like you. But you can't or you inadvertently call attention to it.

    The same with your kids relationship to each other. You've got to let it develop without intervening. You can't force it.

    And I've got to ask, why did you split the kids from their sisters? That bond needs to remain. Kids are not draft picks.
    The sisters were already adopted out. They were placed in different foster homes. I'm not sure why. Normally they try to keep them together, but perhaps because it was such a large family, they were split up. There are actually 3 other kids who are even older, who were placed in seperate foster homes, but have since emancipated.

    As far as the situation I talked about. It is absolutely true. I'm friends with the mom on facebook. You go to her facebook...it is all about her two biological daughters. Every now and then there is a mention of the 3 adoptive girls or a photo. The two biological kids are enrolled in soccer clubs and they are constantly running around to games all weekend. The three adoptive girls, none of them are in soccer (now...I'll be honest, I don't know if they chose not to be, didn't want to be...or what. But judging from everything else I've seen in the family, I think it was not an option for them).

    We drive almost 90 miles each way out to Riverside once a month or so, so that they can see their sisters. They have driven out to LA twice in the last 3 years to reciprocate. Its just not important to them.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #136
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's just not a big deal. If they want to play house, let them play house.

    But this will hardly be the end of it. No one invents reasons to play the victim card like the gay community. I swear, they're convinced their ancestors were slaves, too.
    Pretty sure blacks and women got labeled the same way. I mean, after all...what did women have to complain about? They got completely taken care of, didnt have to be responsible for anything, what more did they want?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The sisters were already adopted out. They were placed in different foster homes. I'm not sure why. Normally they try to keep them together, but perhaps because it was such a large family, they were split up. There are actually 3 other kids who are even older, who were placed in seperate foster homes, but have since emancipated.

    As far as the situation I talked about. It is absolutely true. I'm friends with the mom on facebook. You go to her facebook...it is all about her two biological daughters. Every now and then there is a mention of the 3 adoptive girls or a photo. The two biological kids are enrolled in soccer clubs and they are constantly running around to games all weekend. The three adoptive girls, none of them are in soccer (now...I'll be honest, I don't know if they chose not to be, didn't want to be...or what. But judging from everything else I've seen in the family, I think it was not an option for them).

    We drive almost 90 miles each way out to Riverside once a month or so, so that they can see their sisters. They have driven out to LA twice in the last 3 years to reciprocate. Its just not important to them.
    So this is nine biological kids from the same parents that have no relationship with their real parents? What happened to them, if I may ask?

  8. #138
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Oh boo hoo, we can't adopt children. Cry me a river baby. Cry cry cry..
    Oh boo hoo, women get preferential treatment in child custody and child support. Cry me a river baby. Cry cry cry....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #139
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post

    so some day most people may simply not care if your gay or married to some one of the same gender

    They already don't. Even in Utah....one of the most conservative places in the US. We were there on a ski trip over the Christmas Holidays. This was during the height of the gay marriage fight there recently. We must have had a dozen people come up to us every day we were there, in restaurants, at the ski resorts, at the hotel...who saw me, my husband and our kids and came out of their way to tell us that they support us, are fighting for us, etc. At first it was a little strange, but after the first couple of days, I realized that people see that we are obviously a gay parent family and want us to know that the straight world, by and large, out there are in full support of us, our unions and our families. It gave me a lot of hope for the future.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #140
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Pretty sure blacks and women got labeled the same way. I mean, after all...what did women have to complain about? They got completely taken care of, didnt have to be responsible for anything, what more did they want?
    Good gosh, stop comparing gays to the plights of slaves. So getting formally married (versus a civil union) is akin to forced labor and post whippings?

    And last I checked, gay people have been working and voting for a long, long time.

    Little dramatic, don't you think?

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •