Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 820

Thread: Record Support for Gay Marriage[W:162:334]

  1. #111
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    How exactly would you know, pre tel?

    And, Mr. Strawman, I didn't say it's "nothing like a biological family"? I said two gay guys with adopted children is not like a traditional biological family. That is true as can be. It's extremely confusing to a child, beyond the natural challenges already in place.

    Raising an adopted child is different because they don't have that immediate connection with you as you do them, especially when you don't adopt them at infancy. It takes time to develop, as opposed to my two biological daughters, which was immediate. Adopted kids have to figure it all out amidst a cloud of uncertainty. It is different because it is more delicate from the outset.

    Now, stop presenting my points as you conveniently want them to be, or just ignore me.


    Saying "They are hardly the same" is pretty much like saying they are nothing like a biological family. I'm sorry that you didn't have an immediate connection with your adoptive kids, perhaps they could sense that you viewed them differently than your biological children. My experience with my adoptive kids was completely different.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #112
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    It has become fun watching conservative bigots try to justify their bigotry as the wave grows against them.

  3. #113
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    It has become fun watching conservative bigots try to justify their bigotry as the wave grows against them.
    They are a dying breed, desperately clinging to the last vestiges of discrimination. I actually have pity for them.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #114
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Saying "They are hardly the same" is pretty much like saying they are nothing like a biological family. I'm sorry that you didn't have an immediate connection with your adoptive kids, perhaps they could sense that you viewed them differently than your biological children. My experience with my adoptive kids was completely different.
    And perhaps if you had biological children, you'd understand the difference, which you don't. I said difference, not inferiority, or less than, or substandard, or whatever word you want to derive for me. Different. It's a different set of challenges than when you bring them home from the hospital as your own flesh and blood. It takes a different level of understanding and requires a time allowance than with biological kids. Your kids had to get to know you, and trust you, to depend on you. Biological kids don't even think about it unless their parents are idiots.

  5. #115
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And until you have the balls to adopt a child, you should stop talking out your ass.
    BTW...I also forgot to mention that the male/female foster couple wanted to adopted them, however, despite the fact that they had 2 biological children of their own and 1 adoptive son, the social workers refused because they said that they did not believe that they were equipped to give these two boys the structure, time, etc...that they needed.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #116
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And perhaps if you had biological children, you'd understand the difference, which you don't. I said difference, not inferiority, or less than, or substandard, or whatever word you want to derive for me. Different. It's a different set of challenges than when you bring them home from the hospital as your own flesh and blood. It takes a different level of understanding and requires a time allowance than with biological kids. Your kids had to get to know you, and trust you, to depend on you. Biological kids don't even think about it unless their parents are idiots.
    I know without a doubt...that there is no way that I could ever love my kids more than I do. Personally, I find it disturbing and sad that you do. I've seen it before in other adoptive families that have their own biological children. I've also seen many adoptive parents who love their adoptive children every bit as much as their biological ones. It saddens me to think that an adoptive children would ever be in a home where they might sense that they are valued less because they are not biological. My children know that "family" does not = blood and know their true value.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They are a dying breed, desperately clinging to the last vestiges of discrimination. I actually have pity for them.
    I used to wonder if liberals understood the nature of discrimination when they said such things, but I came to realize that they really don't understand that discrimination is a necessary part of the human condition. Well, unless you are going to sleep with all takers, eat all food you come across, allow everyone to use the last of something you have, and buy everything in the store along with a ton of other things. lol.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    BTW...I also forgot to mention that the male/female foster couple wanted to adopted them, however, despite the fact that they had 2 biological children of their own and 1 adoptive son, the social workers refused because they said that they did not believe that they were equipped to give these two boys the structure, time, etc...that they needed.
    Instead, they get to figure out, then explain to their friends and girlfriends, the dynamics of it all.

    I'm glad your kids are loved and cared for. But I also think they've got hurdles ahead with their own relationships that they can't understand or contemplate right now. And if you take that challenge on like a gay-marriage political battle, you'll all suffer for it and it won't end well. You wave that gay flag in the face of everything and everyone who challenges or makes judgments your kids' way, and you'll do them a great disservice.

    Because it ain't about you anymore when you have kids.

    .

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I know without a doubt...that there is no way that I could ever love my kids more than I do. Personally, I find it disturbing and sad that you do. I've seen it before in other adoptive families that have their own biological children. I've also seen many adoptive parents who love their adoptive children every bit as much as their biological ones. It saddens me to think that an adoptive children would ever be in a home where they might sense that they are valued less because they are not biological. My children know that "family" does not = blood and know their true value.
    Lets see what happens when a biological child is danger and an adopted one. Which one do you think they will save?

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,119

    Re: Record Support for Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If there was any doubt that this war is over:

    Record Support for Gay Marriage; Half See it as a Constitutional Right - ABC News



    Record numbers of Americans in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll support gay marriage, say adoption by gay couples should be legal and see gays and lesbians as good parents. Most oppose a right to refuse service to gays, including on religious grounds. And, by a closer margin, more also accept than reject gay marriage as a constitutional right.

    The results continue a dramatic transformation of public attitudes on the issue, led by political, legislative and court-ordered developments alike. Seventeen states now allow gay marriage, and federal courts in four others most recently Texas and Virginia have rejected laws banning it.

    See PDF with full results and charts here
    .

    http://www.langerresearch.com/upload...ayMarriage.pdf
    nothings over but its going better

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •