Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 126

Thread: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yeah. When the economy is better I'll be able to afford treatment for my lung cancer. This works out great!
    Yeah, the increased cost of doing business will make peoples lives worse off. How many people get lung cancer? How many people will have to deal with increased prices? Pretty easy really. The economy is poor and it's not the best time for liberals to be masturbating openly. Put your pants on for now.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    If you want a CON to prove something, then perhaps you should ask one of them instead of me. And you still have not answered the question about how the EPA measures things. So, how can the EPA determine the g/mi (grams per mile) measurements they use if they do not know a vehicles actual fuel mileage?
    You play silly CON games, so the quacks like a duck clause is invoked.

    I gave you an answer, it just isn't what you wanted. I leave the measuring and calibration to those who have the training, not the likes of Anthony Watts.

    Personally I'd go with grams per hour of engine operation as that is what my tractor uses. But do feel free to nit pick. I do have to ask, are you sure the EPA who sets the MPG ratings doesn't know the fuel mileage? Is this going to be one of those rants about the MPG sticker???

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, the increased cost of doing business will make peoples lives worse off. How many people get lung cancer? How many people will have to deal with increased prices? Pretty easy really. The economy is poor and it's not the best time for liberals to be masturbating openly. Put your pants on for now.
    If you're going to ask pointless questions just how much will the increase in fuel costs add that will make the 'peoples worse off'???

    Off thing about 'the economy is poor' is when the economy was good the excuse was 'can't stop the gravy train'

    Face it, CONs will use the economy excuse in good times or bad....

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yeah, the increased cost of doing business will make peoples lives worse off. How many people get lung cancer? How many people will have to deal with increased prices? Pretty easy really. The economy is poor and it's not the best time for liberals to be masturbating openly. Put your pants on for now.
    More people have to buy things than people get lung cancer, so screw environmental regulations? Isn't that an argument against literally every environmental law? "Hey, millions of people buy bleach, and hardly anyone dies from having toxic chemicals dumped in their drinking water, so let's allow companies to do that! Proper disposal costs jobs!"
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    More people have to buy things than people get lung cancer, so screw environmental regulations? Isn't that an argument against literally every environmental law? "Hey, millions of people buy bleach, and hardly anyone dies from having toxic chemicals dumped in their drinking water, so let's allow companies to do that! Proper disposal costs jobs!"
    No, my argument is meant to apply only to the short term. I don't think there is much sense to passing regulation after regulation in a poor economy. What I think of regulations in general and how I think issues like this should be dealt with is an entirely different discussion. At some point you have to stop purposely increasing the cost of business and just let the economy improve. You can't just continually step on it's head and think it will rebound at some point.

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, my argument is meant to apply only to the short term. I don't think there is much sense to passing regulation after regulation in a poor economy. What I think of regulations in general and how I think issues like this should be dealt with is an entirely different discussion. At some point you have to stop purposely increasing the cost of business and just let the economy improve. You can't just continually step on it's head and think it will rebound at some point.
    Should we repeal existing environmental regulations whenever the economy is poor?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,704

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Should we repeal existing environmental regulations whenever the economy is poor?
    this is pretty much a strawman along with the rest of the arguments made. the fact is there there is little evidence to support any of the EPA's claims.
    they are using 3rd party back door studies from environmentalist groups such as green peace for their data. they have been doing this since obama installed the new EPA panel.

    they have been driving force behind industry killing regulations and job costs.

    while you might not think a 10 cent increase in fuel is big it is actually huge. it impacts the entire economy. the price of goods will soar under the new costs to ship.
    the 10 cents is just the cost increase. which means the price will actually go up 12-15 so the companies make their money back.

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    this is pretty much a strawman along with the rest of the arguments made. the fact is there there is little evidence to support any of the EPA's claims.
    they are using 3rd party back door studies from environmentalist groups such as green peace for their data. they have been doing this since obama installed the new EPA panel.

    they have been driving force behind industry killing regulations and job costs.

    while you might not think a 10 cent increase in fuel is big it is actually huge. it impacts the entire economy. the price of goods will soar under the new costs to ship.
    the 10 cents is just the cost increase. which means the price will actually go up 12-15 so the companies make their money back.
    Little evidence to support the fact that sulfur emissions cause respiratory problems? Care to back up anything you said?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Um, the EPA knows the fuel mileage of a vehicle.

    And, are you under the impression that respiratory disease can't be caused by two things?
    How do they know the fuel mileage? From their tests? Good luck with that bull****. I frequently tune mine to get far better than what they claim. Only a fool trust anything coming out of that organization.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: EPA Set to reveal new Sulfer regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    How do they know the fuel mileage? From their tests? Good luck with that bull****. I frequently tune mine to get far better than what they claim. Only a fool trust anything coming out of that organization.

    "I alter my vehicle, and it gets different mileage than what the claim is for the base model!"

    Holy **** you just can't make this stuff up.

    What kind of vehicle do you drive?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •