Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 220

Thread: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Hi MMC. sorry I didn't, I've been stuck in here, lol. Where's it at?

    Yeah, that happens when you start having to go over the same issue several times.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...post1062995417

  2. #112
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,526

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Oh..."the purge." Yes. I see the right screaming about this a lot. Generals and other high ranking officers who are openly critical of the Commander in Chief getting relieved. That's what happens when you do that ****. Douglas MacArthur found that out the hard way.

    The devil is in the details on that. Having done my research the "purge" isn't such an Obama conspiracy to weaken the military as the right would have you believe.

    And removing DADT didn't actually weaken our military. Just because you postulate that Putin sees us as weaker for allowing gays to serve doesn't mean we are actually weaker.
    I only know of one general that was relieved because he was openly critical of the president. There were more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'll take the guy who's most likely going to do his job in a firefight. I don't give a **** who, or what he is.

    Ya see? There's the difference between you and I.

    However, image is as important to intimidating the enemy as anything else. Making decisions that bolsters the enemy's morale can create negative concequences on the battlefield.

    The DADT debate is another perfect example of how Libbos put their agenda ahead of what's good for the country.
    Ending discrimination is good for the country, its not an agenda. What realm do you orbit in.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #114
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I only know of one general that was relieved because he was openly critical of the president. There were more?
    I don't know...that's what the right was claiming in many articles. When I looked up the information there was no indication of a "purge" of the military. There were a lot of non-continuation boards where officers were dismissed because they had been passed up for promotion and other who were separated because of strength reduction. Many discharged over conduct related issues (fraternization, adultery, cheating on tests, etc). Some were dismissed over operational related matters in which their competency was called into question.

    I've seen the list of officers separated from the military. What I've not seen is Obama's fingerprints on this "purge." Simply attaching that word to those separations without any explanation whatsoever and no evidence that Obama is behind this is very transparent and doesn't warrant any serious consideration. There's a reason that about the only play this "purge" gets is on sites like inforwars, WND, freepatriot, and other right wing conservative blogs and sites. Because it's a product of the anti-Obama hype.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #115
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    However, image is as important to intimidating the enemy as anything else. Making decisions that bolsters the enemy's morale can create negative concequences on the battlefield.

    The DADT debate is another perfect example of how Libbos put their agenda ahead of what's good for the country.
    This is absolute nonsense. Until you can actually quantify this in any meaningful way it's nothing more than empty rhetoric.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #116
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! Like he's never heard of The War Powers Act. That means he's incompetent.
    That act allows the president to commit troops in an emergency situation where there is imminent threat of attack, or we've been attacked, without the delay of seeking congressional approval until latter. Syria didn't fit that dude. What is the matter with you? Your hatred for Obama is clouding your judgement and making you say stupid things. And I doubt you really believe Obama has never heard of WPA, that's just more of your hatred, its unbecoming.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #117
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,649

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'll take the guy who's most likely going to do his job in a firefight. I don't give a **** who, or what he is.

    Ya see? There's the difference between you and I.

    However, image is as important to intimidating the enemy as anything else. Making decisions that bolsters the enemy's morale can create negative concequences on the battlefield.

    The DADT debate is another perfect example of how Libbos put their agenda ahead of what's good for the country.
    In other words, you like Putin more than Obama. Gotcha.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He should have never threatened to do so! Damn! Why is this so hard for you people to understand??
    Because he said their was a RED LINE? What exactly was he threatening by saying that? I took it to mean that they would lose their WMD's and that is what is happening.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Because he said their was a RED LINE? What exactly was he threatening by saying that? I took it to mean that they would lose their WMD's and that is what is happening.
    Also, these WMD's have to be kept secure while they're being rounded up, there's a lot of groups that would love to get there hands on them. I'm sure that's a challenge, dangerous and causing delays.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: US prepares $1B aid package for troubled Ukraine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Just another way Conservatives tend to resemble Putin.

    I'll take a gay soldier over a bigoted conservative any day.
    Those people never go to war they only start them.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •