Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 728

Thread: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

  1. #501
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Not true. The purpose was to come up with a framework for talks that would led to mutually agreed to verification by both sides that Iran was not attempting to use it's nuclear program to acquire nuclear weapons. Nothing was dismissed.

    Some of us care about outcomes, others appear to care more about intentions.


    It's Obama target practice time. I'm not thrilled with much of what he's done either but its not his blackness or, his party affiliation.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Putin is a left-wing autocratic dictator with even less regard for the West than he has for individual liberty. If he was in charge of any other country, the Left would be feting him like they celebrated Chavez. And the only miserable defense you can muster for the utter fail that is this administrations' policy towards Russia is to launch the feeble critique that the people on the side of the aisle whom your guy made fun of for warning us about Putin are secretly fans of his?

    , man. Must be mighty depressing to be a Dem, these days.
    LMAO. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying that!

    It was funny tho!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Ukraine's GDP per capita is less half of Turkey's, which isn't allowed membership, bringing in the Ukraine when they are still extremely fragile is... very unlikely - especially if Putin makes it clear that he doesn't want them to. but your argument is still that Putin gets' everything he wants, and you count that as a loss for him? Good luck spinning that to anyone beyond those who are Desperate To Believe.
    Some good points there.

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It's Obama target practice time. I'm not thrilled with much of what he's done either but its not his blackness or, his party affiliation.
    Yeah, they are trying to whittle him down to nothing. Unfortunately, he has made a big mistake on this issue. He didn't do himself any favors here. In fact, he may have ruined his whole presidency, to be brutally honest. It's a shame to, because after his first term, it looked like he was starting to be a substantial President.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Yeah, they are trying to whittle him down to nothing. Unfortunately, he has made a big mistake on this issue. He didn't do himself any favors here. In fact, he may have ruined his whole presidency, to be brutally honest. It's a shame to, because after his first term, it looked like he was starting to be a substantial President.
    Yeah, unfortunately, I never got that excited. I really was hoping for change I could believe in. It didn't come. In fact, many of the things I was disgruntled about with George Bush, he only expanded. The first hint that he wasn't going to be any different though, came in July 08' when he was still on the campaign trail and said that as president, he would attack AQ in Pakistan, with or without the Pakistani governments permission. So much for Obama's respect for borders and sovereignty!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately, I never got that excited. I really was hoping for change I could believe in. It didn't come. In fact, many of the things I was disgruntled about with George Bush, he only expanded. The first hint that he wasn't going to be any different though, came in July 08' when he was still on the campaign trail and said that as president, he would attack AQ in Pakistan, with or without the Pakistani governments permission. So much for Obama's respect for borders and sovereignty!!
    I remember when he said that. Yep, that should have been a big signal that he was just another politician.

  6. #506
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I remember when he said that. Yep, that should have been a big signal that he was just another politician.
    Glad you remember it. Some call it a lie. This is what makes his claims yesterday so astounding. And Kerry's the other day, the same thing. And this is the only time Obama gets support from partisans on the right. So we are recognising this "new" Ukrainian government as legit and democratic he called it, despite the fact it came about through intrigue and violence and isn't recognised by all Ukrainians. Thing is, it will be representative of Western interests, and THAT is what makes it legit.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 03-07-14 at 11:41 AM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    I live in Georgia. I'm a pistol carrying pig hunting auto mechanic who lives on 20 acres of woods in the mountains. When we refer to ''Murica" we're not talking about the one liberals like. It's not a slur here. It's more of a joke along the lines of "I'm pretty sure those soft opinionated types would disagree with what we are doing here". We actually do have things like a school systems (pretty good schools actually), internet, government and all the same retail stores everyone else does. But when someone says "Have a blessed day" we don't get our panties in a wad about it. I'm actually from the Chicago suburbs originally and moved here on purpose. The guy I'm hunting with this weekend is a brilliant machinist. The guy from Ukraine who is handling my marketing has an engineering degree but lives almost off grid. We had to postpone our meeting because one of his goats had a kid. We are all business owners and have employees.

    So when we use terms like that it is to enforce a stereotype and make a joke. It's beautiful here, we don't want the "enlightened" crowd moving down here to change it.
    I suppose it's a matter of understanding your audience and how this will be picked up by those who are only critical of the US. You certainly made a good point though.

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It's Obama target practice time. I'm not thrilled with much of what he's done either but its not his blackness or, his party affiliation.
    Of course it's his party affiliation, as well as his not knowing how the world works. In fact he has been incorrectly taught on how the world works, a double disadvantage.

    What he is really good at is winning elections via making false promises and uttering forceful, though empty, slogans. After that there is just nothing there.

    The Republicans should adopt "Really Real Hope and Change For Sure This Time" as their campaign slogan, make the same promises BHO made, and the Left might buy it again,

  9. #509
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course it's his party affiliation, as well as his not knowing how the world works. In fact he has been incorrectly taught on how the world works, a double disadvantage.

    What he is really good at is winning elections via making false promises and uttering forceful, though empty, slogans. After that there is just nothing there.

    The Republicans should adopt "Really Real Hope and Change For Sure This Time" as their campaign slogan, make the same promises BHO made, and the Left might buy it again,
    You won't find me apologizing for Obama, I'm quite disgusted with him. But there won't be any meaningful change coming from the next republican admin. Either. Slogan all they want.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #510
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You won't find me apologizing for Obama, I'm quite disgusted with him. But there won't be any meaningful change coming from the next republican admin. Either. Slogan all they want.
    Ah! You can foretell the future. Amazing!

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •