Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 728

Thread: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

  1. #451
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You may be right. If Obama was spearheading that thing, that's a very big problem. Very big.
    China accused the US of instigating the protests. And, both China and Russia were very unhappy with the US/NATO expanding the UN resolution for Libya, engaging in regime change. This is the very reason why they both blocked all attempts to secure a resolution for use of force in Syria. They are on to the US foreign policy game of toppling governments we don't like.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #452
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    No you were not correct. I said Iran had stopped enriching uranium to 20 per cent. You said there had been no change since 2003. That wiki article states that:



    It doesn't say they stopped enriching uranium to 20 percent in 2003.



    No, it doesn't say they are still enriching uranium to 20 percent. What is says is:
    You are correct. They keep a stockpile of 20% and have increased their capacity with more centrifuges but are no longer enriching to that percentage.

  3. #453
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What poll was that?
    The one I took last year, you missed it?

    Just kidding.

    (CNSNews.com) – The past year witnessed bloodshed in Syria and Iraq, turmoil in Egypt, anarchy in Central Africa, threats by a nuclear-armed North Korea and Chinese military posturing, but as 2013 ends a global poll finds that the country seen as representing the greatest threat to peace today is ... the United States. - See more at: And The Country Posing The Greatest Threat to Peace as 2013 Ends is
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #454
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The one I took last year, you missed it?

    Just kidding.

    (CNSNews.com) – The past year witnessed bloodshed in Syria and Iraq, turmoil in Egypt, anarchy in Central Africa, threats by a nuclear-armed North Korea and Chinese military posturing, but as 2013 ends a global poll finds that the country seen as representing the greatest threat to peace today is ... the United States. - See more at: And The Country Posing The Greatest Threat to Peace as 2013 Ends is
    And you take that seriously?

    Paradoxically, just because people view the U.S. as the biggest threat doesn’t necessarily mean they wouldn’t like to move there if they could.
    Sounds like the opinion stems mostly from jealousy.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #455
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Indeed, but Russia and China and France had already been "reaching out". Obama just can't be given the credit for that agreement and yes, it would have happened without him. In fact Russia could have done it on their own.

    ITAR-TASS: World - Iran hopes Russia will assist to reaching final agreement with P5+1
    First of all you want to lay fault on Obama when something is wrong, but you don't want to give him any credit for that agreement. That's just blatant partisan politics. It ignores reality and just wants to score political points.


    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Partly because we paid him and partly because it wasn't the US but the UN security council that was willing to give armed entry into the country the nod if he didn't.
    If he didn't believe there would be consequences if he didn't give them up, he would have kept them. Do you think Syria developed those weapons just for the fun of it? There is no way Assad would have given up a weapons arsenal of that size if he had NO respect for what Obama could do if he didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No matter how incompetent they think Obama is, they still need the bucks to keep flowing from the US. And again, that agreement has little to nothing to do with the US.
    They may think he is incompetent, but they have to respect him. And you are just plain wrong if you want to assert that the agreement had nothing to do with the US. You cannot present credible, objective evidence to prove your point.

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The point is that there is NO WAY such an agreement could have been reached with Iran IF Obama lacked political and diplomatic capital.



    Having problems as President of the United States is no criteria for being a weak leader. It's a position where you are constantly confronted with problems.
    Actually, there is no substantive agreement with Iran, its merely window dressing.

    And objectively, based on his foreign and domestic policy Obama has proven a weak leader.

  7. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yep. Which accounts for understandable stiff Russian opposition.
    Russia is lucky to have you, isn't it?

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Actually, there is no substantive agreement with Iran, its merely window dressing.
    Just the fact that representatives from the highest levels of both governments were in the same room trying to reach an agreement was substantive and historic in itself. It had not happened since the Iranian Revolution of 1979. That was quite an achievement for Obama.

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Just the fact that representatives from the highest levels of both governments were in the same room trying to reach an agreement was substantive and historic in itself. It had not happened since the Iranian Revolution of 1979. That was quite an achievement for Obama.
    Not really-the purpose was presented as stopping Iran from getting nukes-immediately after they dismissed that.

    Some of us care about outcomes, others appear to care more about intentions.

  10. #460
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    And you take that seriously?



    Sounds like the opinion stems mostly from jealousy.
    It's a Gallop poll, what do you mean?

    No, not jealousy, getting the hell out of a country that might be next on the target.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •