Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 728

Thread: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

  1. #371
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Putin will not withdraw from the Crimea. It now belongs to Russia, and the world will realize and accept that. He will even appear magnanimous if he calls for peace and doesn't take over all of the Ukraine. The world will then heave a long sigh and be grateful to Vladimir Putin. It's a well known Communist strategy.
    In other words "all hail the great leader Putin". Is that your dream? Do you really see it as just a match between Obama and that 3rd world thug? Putin will pull out of Crimea like the coward he is. He will keep his naval bases, they are part of the treaty. The Ukraine is rid of a corrupt leader and will soon be part of the EU. Putin lost big time, this is nothing but a ploy to save face.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 03-05-14 at 01:32 AM.

  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    In other words "all hail the great leader Putin". Is that your dream? Do you really see it as just a match between Obama and that 3rd world thug? Putin will pull out of Crimea like the coward he is. He will keep his naval bases, they are part of the treaty.
    A. Russia is 2nd world

    B. Obama, not Putin, is the bumbling idiot

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    In other words "all hail the great leader Putin". Is that your dream? Do you really see it as just a match between Obama and that 3rd world thug? Putin will pull out of Crimea like the coward he is. He will keep his naval bases, they are part of the treaty. The Ukraine is rid of a corrupt leader and will soon be part of the EU. Putin lost big time, this is nothing but a ploy to save face.
    No, it is not my dream at all but I feel it's the reality of the situation. Unless Putin moves further into The Ukraine it will soon be forgotten and attention will be quickly drawn elsewhere. The Crimea is his because it's not worth fighting about. No country will go to war these days over a matter of principle, unless they are directly involved.

    Putin may well be 'a thug' but he is a smart thug who wants to advance Russian interests and will do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. There doesn't appear to be another world leader who can now match him. Thatcher or Reagan would certainly have not allowed Russia to advance this far, and the previous US president would have done better as well.

  4. #374
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it is not my dream at all but I feel it's the reality of the situation. Unless Putin moves further into The Ukraine it will soon be forgotten and attention will be quickly drawn elsewhere. The Crimea is his because it's not worth fighting about. No country will go to war these days over a matter of principle, unless they are directly involved.

    Putin may well be 'a thug' but he is a smart thug who wants to advance Russian interests and will do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. There doesn't appear to be another world leader who can now match him. Thatcher or Reagan would certainly have not allowed Russia to advance this far, and the previous US president would have done better as well.
    LOL Putin invaded Georgia in 2008 and Bush did nothing. You really need to control your partisanship, you sound like a blind fool. "Russian interests" just took a HUGE hit with the loss of his Corrupt stooge in the Ukraine and there is nothing he can do about it. How smart is that? The country will be a member of the EU before he knows it.

  5. #375
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You kid right? Or do you really not know?
    Well that is certainly a revelatory response.

  6. #376
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The country will be a member of the EU before he knows it.
    Perhaps, but not with Crimea. Obama's mistake is not that he is doing nothing about the situation but that he is making empty threats while he does nothing. I'm all for ignoring the situation in Ukraine but I would recommend being quiet about it.
    Last edited by fmw; 03-05-14 at 02:36 AM.

  7. #377
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,974

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    This seems clear in my mind (accurate or not), Putin and Russia decided to take a risk, which could have paid off nicely, yet miscalculated the reaction and noted the possible damage it would inflict. Upon seeing the damage (economic and military) the regime backed away to prevent inevitable destruction...or decimation.

    Russia now faces trading property for economic survival....and in my view, will bow before the threat of western isolation.
    Good points. While I see that the Russian people dont want this invasion (the polls were 15% in favor from what I read in the Time mag article) Putin can do whatever he wants; seems to me he is doing this just to keep up his macho image and no economic sanctions will stop him.

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL Putin invaded Georgia in 2008 and Bush did nothing. You really need to control your partisanship, you sound like a blind fool. "Russian interests" just took a HUGE hit with the loss of his Corrupt stooge in the Ukraine and there is nothing he can do about it. How smart is that? The country will be a member of the EU before he knows it.
    It seems you are unfamiliar with recent history. Do you recall the 'reset' Obama and Hillary announced with Russia?

    That was dropping the sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Georgia which the Bush Administration and its Allies had initiated and also scrapped the frozen relations the same countries adopted as well.. Of course Obama also dropped the missile defense shield in Poland and Czechoslovakia, and all without concessions or promises or treaties or anything from the Russians. Of course, as a consequence, he is viewed by all who matter as an inept fool, though this was obvious from his earliest days as President.

    Obama has not done as much for America and its Allies as he has done for America's enemies.BBC NEWS | Europe | Button gaffe embarrasses Clinton
    Last edited by Grant; 03-05-14 at 03:13 AM.

  9. #379
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it is not my dream at all but I feel it's the reality of the situation. Unless Putin moves further into The Ukraine it will soon be forgotten and attention will be quickly drawn elsewhere. The Crimea is his because it's not worth fighting about. No country will go to war these days over a matter of principle, unless they are directly involved.

    Putin may well be 'a thug' but he is a smart thug who wants to advance Russian interests and will do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. There doesn't appear to be another world leader who can now match him. Thatcher or Reagan would certainly have not allowed Russia to advance this far, and the previous US president would have done better as well.
    How would Mrs. T and Ronnie have stopped him?
    Last edited by Montecresto; 03-05-14 at 04:05 AM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #380
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Perhaps, but not with Crimea. Obama's mistake is not that he is doing nothing about the situation but that he is making empty threats while he does nothing. I'm all for ignoring the situation in Ukraine but I would recommend being quiet about it.
    Ridiculous. Completely ignoring an invasion of a country? Just pretend it's not happening? Yeah, that'll make America look great. Wow, listen to yourselves.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •