Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 728

Thread: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

  1. #141
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Then you are against what one wing of the GOP is publicly calling for?
    How do you feel about the GOP's many wings attacking the POTUS this early into a crisis created by Putin ?
    I think I said what I thought in my first post on this thread. Instead of ratcheting up the rhetoric with nothing but tough talk, how about offering to mediate the dispute. That was one suggestion in the article posted in the OP. I think Russia has a valid interest in what happens in the Ukraine. It would be like us with Mexico or Canada, but the Ukraine belonged to Russia for hundreds of years, not like Canada or Mexico ever being part of the good old USA. But the same thing applies.

    I am not criticizing the president. there really isn't much he can do if Putin wants to take over the Ukraine. In fact their is nothing NATO or the EU can do to stop him.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #143
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    We will see. I am no expert on that side of the world, but I do not think Putin would care much. If he wants the Ukraine it is his.
    The Russian stock market dropped 12% today, on account of the move into Crimea, alone. Cutting off oil and gas to all of Europe could be a major disaster for Russia's economy.

    Obama's economic retaliation might be a gut shot to Russia and severely damage their economy. However, we need to be prepared for Russia to respond to that militarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #144
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I am at a loss how Putin having influence over Yanukovich would have lessened the crisis.

    The previous regime were ousted amid criminal charges of corruption, $35 billion of US aid money has gone missing, and the open admission that the State Department was actively fostering the ouster.
    Yet Putin invaded another Nation because the Yanukovich that he continues to protect lost control of another Nation.
    Rather convenient wouldn't you say?
    When is it Putin's fault ?
    Physics is Phun

  5. #145
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's what legitimises Putin at this point I like to continue to point out. That could change.
    I would like to see the president offer his services as a mediator. but that is me.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #146
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think I said what I thought in my first post on this thread. Instead of ratcheting up the rhetoric with nothing but tough talk, how about offering to mediate the dispute. That was one suggestion in the article posted in the OP. I think Russia has a valid interest in what happens in the Ukraine. It would be like us with Mexico or Canada, but the Ukraine belonged to Russia for hundreds of years, not like Canada or Mexico ever being part of the good old USA. But the same thing applies.

    I am not criticizing the president. there really isn't much he can do if Putin wants to take over the Ukraine. In fact their is nothing NATO or the EU can do to stop him.
    Obama could park a carrier task force in The Black Sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Russian stock market dropped 12% today, on account of the move into Crimea, alone. Cutting off oil and gas to all of Europe could be a major disaster for Russia's economy.

    Obama's economic retaliation might be a gut shot to Russia and severely damage their economy. However, we need to be prepared for Russia to respond to that militarily.
    There is always that, isn't there? One has to to play these thing carefully and I hope close to the vest. Russia isn't Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, or Libya. It isn't even Iran or North Korea, one better be careful.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #148
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    That's certainly not all we have apdst.
    Shut down ALL Air Flight to all EU countries and North America.
    Blockade all entrances to Russian ports.
    Stop frieght and passenger rail traffic.
    Block all auto/truck traffic at their borders.

    Freeze all of their assets overseas.
    Round up all their Nationals overseas and send them on a slow train to Crimea .
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Russian stock market dropped 12% today, on account of the move into Crimea, alone. Cutting off oil and gas to all of Europe could be a major disaster for Russia's economy.

    Obama's economic retaliation might be a gut shot to Russia and severely damage their economy. However, we need to be prepared for Russia to respond to that militarily.
    Physics is Phun

  9. #149
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Yet Putin invaded another Nation because the Yanukovich that he continues to protect lost control of another Nation.
    Rather convenient wouldn't you say?
    When is it Putin's fault ?
    Wait! I get it, now! You people are so desperate to defend The Messiah, that you are forced to justify Russia's actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #150
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Obama warns US will 'isolate' Russia if Putin doesn't pull back in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think I said what I thought in my first post on this thread. Instead of ratcheting up the rhetoric with nothing but tough talk, how about offering to mediate the dispute. That was one suggestion in the article posted in the OP. I think Russia has a valid interest in what happens in the Ukraine. It would be like us with Mexico or Canada, but the Ukraine belonged to Russia for hundreds of years, not like Canada or Mexico ever being part of the good old USA. But the same thing applies.

    I am not criticizing the president. there really isn't much he can do if Putin wants to take over the Ukraine. In fact their is nothing NATO or the EU can do to stop him.
    More like the US was once part of Canada. But the analogy fades in the fact that America attempted to invade Canada twice, and were repelled.

    The Ukraine was a part of Poland long before Russia was much of a country, so the argument is kind of like who does America belong to? "Indians" who aren't from India or "Eskimos" who are really Inuit?


    And you are right, there isn't much Obama can do, his public protestations notwtithstanding, which makes it even more stange why he chose to unleash the CIA hounds in the first place.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •