Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 525

Thread: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    I don't know why but Lerner is going to spill the beans. This IRS scandal may finaly see the light of day. Obama better start a war or something.


    "Former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner, a central figure in the IRS scandal, will appear before Congress Wednesday after refusing to testify last year on the matter, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said Sunday.

    Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, told “Fox News Sunday” that Lerner’s lawyers said she will testify before his committee, after saying last week that she would not.
    “It’s going to be a good, fact-finding hearing,” he said.
    Issa said he didn’t know why Lerner’s lawyers changed their mind, but suggested Lerner testifying was “in her best interest,” considering the recent evidence the committee had gathered."

    EXCLUSIVE: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal | Fox News

  2. #2
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Usually this about face requires "immunity", in this case for Lerner - I wonder if that was part of the deal.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #3
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    If not, then this will only be yet another leftist thinking that they are smarter, and can muddy the issue further.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #4
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I don't know why but Lerner is going to spill the beans. This IRS scandal may finaly see the light of day. Obama better start a war or something.


    "Former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner, a central figure in the IRS scandal, will appear before Congress Wednesday after refusing to testify last year on the matter, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said Sunday.

    Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, told “Fox News Sunday” that Lerner’s lawyers said she will testify before his committee, after saying last week that she would not.
    “It’s going to be a good, fact-finding hearing,” he said.
    Issa said he didn’t know why Lerner’s lawyers changed their mind, but suggested Lerner testifying was “in her best interest,” considering the recent evidence the committee had gathered."

    EXCLUSIVE: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal | Fox News
    I wouldnt get too excited. You might wind up hearing a bunch of "I don't recalls" and "I don't remembers."

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,635

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Usually this about face requires "immunity", in this case for Lerner - I wonder if that was part of the deal.
    If given immuniity she may be a good Obamabot and assert that she was taking "her own initiative" (providing no names of higher ups) to try to determine the percentage of political involvement (per IRS regulations as written) of those tax exempt applicants with "obvious" involvement in political activities. Since a handful of non-TP/conservative 501C4 entities applications were also examined/delayed, she will likely try to assert that no "political slant" targeting was ever intended - it just happened to look that way.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I wouldnt get too excited. You might wind up hearing a bunch of "I don't recalls" and "I don't remembers."
    I don't know though if she can pull off the Hillary gambit....She just looks like a disdainful bitch.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Usually this about face requires "immunity", in this case for Lerner - I wonder if that was part of the deal.
    Immunity is not on the table.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If given immuniity she may be a good Obamabot and assert that she was taking "her own initiative" (providing no names of higher ups) to try to determine the percentage of political involvement (per IRS regulations as written) of those tax exempt applicants with "obvious" involvement in political activities. Since a handful of non-TP/conservative 501C4 entities applications were also examined/delayed, she will likely try to assert that no "political slant" targeting was ever intended - it just happened to look that way.
    There is some reason she is now going to testify. Maybe the truth is about to come out or maybe she has had sufficient time and coaching from white house lawyers to spin this just right. Time will tell.

  9. #9
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Immunity is not on the table.
    Exactly. So we might hear, as one poster said, lots of "I don't recall"s.

    Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., said Sunday that former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner was not offered immunity in exchange for her upcoming testimony about the targeting of Tea Party groups.

    When “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace asked Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, why Lerner had decided to testify and whether she had been offered immunity, the California Republican responded decisively. "We did not," Issa said.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Exactly. So we might hear, as one poster said, lots of "I don't recall"s.
    That could be but there must be some reason she suddenly decided to testify. This is really a sudden turnaround as yet unexplained. Sumpin funny goin on here.

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •