Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 525

Thread: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

  1. #321
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    You know how potentially damning this sitiation is based on the lefts continued mitigations and attempts to divert away from the real issue.

    They want this all to disappear and fast.

    Whether they like it or not Lois Lerner's continued refusal to answer questions looks bad Politically and not only for Obama, but for the Democrats in general and in a election year no less.


    According to them this is a bunch of contirived GOP motivated BS with Issa as the the bad guy. Oh and Lerner exercising her right not to incriminate herself is absolutley irrelevent.

    The problem with that is Lerner could make all of this go away easily AND make Issa and the GOP look like a bunch of partisan motivated bullies in the process by just aswering the questions.


    If there is nothing behind the charges of Obama's use of the IRS to target Conservatives then wouldn't the wise strategy employ truth and full disclosure instead of obfuscating ?

    Thd left wants us to think the Democrats are passing up a golden oppurtuntiy here.

    Think about the implications of shutting down this investigation in a election year. The Democrats would be able to expand upon a victory over Issa and the GOP for the next 8 months.

    But thats not whats happening.

    Lerner and the Democrats are making sure this issue stays alive and theyre making sure that these charges of unprecedented corruption continue to go on unanswered.

    There is only one explanation for Lerners continued refusal to amswer questions and most objective Americans know that it has nothing to do with the person asking them.
    Last edited by Fenton; 03-07-14 at 09:12 AM.

  2. #322
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    One problem: Lois Lerner is not a government official
    Any official attached to the IRS is the government. The IRS and NSA and ATF are the greatest opponents of liberty this country has. Put them all in the ground and call in a dozer.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  3. #323
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    It establishes pretty clearly that the "Bolo" lists were simply a shortcut adopted when the big increase in applications appeared post CU.

    The term "inappropriate", which has made it into so much of the hype, was the "a hammer is an inappropriate tool to cut a 3x4" inappropriate. Using a shortcut instead of actually reviewing each application was inappropriate. NOT that there was an inappropriate singling out of conservative groups for political purposes.

    The WHOLE issue is about anonymous donations.

    **** anonymous donations.
    Yeah, and Watergate was just a two bit break in by people not connected to the President. On anonymous donations. Maybe if Obama's protectors hadn't changed the rules to put to rest all the nefarious out of country donations to the Obama campaign in 08 you libs, and maybe the country wouldn't have this problem.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #324
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,926
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You know how potentially damning this sitiation is based on the lefts continued mitigations and attempts to divert away from the real issue.

    They want this all to disappear and fast.

    Whether they like it or not Lois Lerner's continued refusal to answer questions looks bad Politically and not only for Obama, but for the Democrats in general and in a election year no less.


    According to them this is a bunch of contirived GOP motivated BS with Issa as the the bad guy. Oh and Lerner exercising her right not to incriminate herself is absolutley irrelevent.

    The problem with that is Lerner could make all of this go away easily AND make Issa and the GOP look like a bunch of partisan motivated bullies in the process by just aswering the questions.


    If there is nothing behind the charges of Obama's use of the IRS to target Conservatives then wouldn't the wise strategy employ truth and full disclosure instead of obfuscating ?

    Thd left wants us to think the Democrats are passing up a golden oppurtuntiy here.

    Think about the implications of shutting down this investigation in a election year. The Democrats would be able to expand upon a victory over Issa and the GOP for the next 8 months.

    But thats not whats happening.

    Lerner and the Democrats are making sure this issue stays alive and theyre making sure that these charges of unprecedented corruption continue to go on unanswered.

    There is only one explanation for Lerners continued refusal to amswer questions and most objective Americans know that it has nothing to do with the person asking them.
    I do not think the IRS will be much of an election issue, at least in the independent ranks. We both know the Democrats will be saying there is nothing there and the Republicans saying there is a lot there. But most independents haven't given this issue much thought, they probably won't unless something big breaks on it between now and November. As of today, most independents will make up their minds on whom to vote for in November based on Jobs, the economy and the ACA. the IRS and Benghazi are way down in the one and two percent factors when it comes to deciding whom to vote for.

    Learner in my opinion definitely leaves the impression that something very sinister happened with the IRS. But even so, it is not a hot issue for most independents. For your information, I make it a hobby of mine to study independent voters and have done so since I worked for Perot back in 92 and 96. I feel I usually know how Republicans and Democrats will vote for fall in line on different issues. It is those independents that usually make the difference. If one goes inside the polls and studies them, most major polling firms always break down how Republicans, Democrats and Independents view each issue the poll was taken on. It is here I get my information and draw my conclusions.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #325
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps Lerner changed her mind because of political pressure or a woman's prerogative. I don't know and, unlike you, I don't pretend to know.
    Holy fn crap.... Your argument for why Issa isn't lying is that Lerner is a woman??????

  6. #326
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Holy fn crap.... Your argument for why Issa isn't lying is that Lerner is a
    woman??????

    I have a argument for why Issa isnt lying and more to the point, why the Democrats are.

    The Democrats have chosen to pass up a outstanding oppurtunity here.

    Since there is nothing to all of this, and its just a " partisan motivated Witch Hunt", Lois Lerner could easily shut the whole thing down and make the GOP and Issa look like a bunch of fools by simply talking. Answering the questions.

    It would provide a huge amount of Political Capital for the Democrats in a ELECTION YEAR.

    Because they could build on the issue, on the fact they proved it was a made up partisan driven "witch hunt " and use that to attack the Republicans credibillity on a variety of issues.

    Can you imagine the advantage that shutting down this investigation would give them in a ELECTION YEAR ?

    MSNBC would be running it 24/7 right up to the elections. The Democrats could then say that the Republicans were anti-women as they turned Lerner into a victim.

    But thats NOT what they're doing is it ?

    You dont counter a "Witch hunt" with 24 Consecutive 5th ammendment pleas.

    So the Democrats have chosen to instead of using this to their advantage by simply countering Issa's charges with honest answers ( because its all a partisan "witch hunt " ) to give the GOPs charges credibillity in a ELECTION YEAR.

    So OF-COURSE the Democrats are Lying and OF-COURSE they actually used the IRS as a political tool.

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    It establishes pretty clearly that the "Bolo" lists were simply a shortcut adopted when the big increase in applications appeared post CU.

    The term "inappropriate", which has made it into so much of the hype, was the "a hammer is an inappropriate tool to cut a 3x4" inappropriate. Using a shortcut instead of actually reviewing each application was inappropriate. NOT that there was an inappropriate singling out of conservative groups for political purposes.

    The WHOLE issue is about anonymous donations.

    **** anonymous donations.
    Here is the latest Treasury Report.READ: The Inspector General report on the IRS targeting conservative groups

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You know how potentially damning this situation is based on the lefts continued mitigations and attempts to divert away from the real issue.
    I've always been curious as to why Leftists do this. They know they are lying and obscuring the issues and of course the rest of us know it too.. They did the same thing during the Cold War with the Russians, and you can see many of them siding with the Russians yet again in this Ukrainian incident, perhaps out of habit.

    There was an interesting program on the brain where people responded differently to the same situations depending on where just a minor bit of pressure was applied to their brains. I believe the same things happens with the Left, that they just can't help themselves.The evidence is easily available.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Holy fn crap.... Your argument for why Issa isn't lying is that Lerner is a woman??????
    This is the question I was responding to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Great! You've volunteered your unparalleled deduction skills!

    Please explain why Issa said that Lerner had changed her mind and agreed to testify. Because I'm pretty sure she took the 5th again.

    (and I know... such a convoluted conspiracy... involving exactly one person telling one lie in which exactly one person benifits... shocking!)
    There is a serious comprehension deficit among Leftists which, if the country is to survive, should be covered by the ACA. They can't do irony either.

  10. #330
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I've always been curious as to why Leftists do this. They know they are lying and
    obscuring the issues and of course the rest of us know it too.. They did the same thing during the Cold War with the Russians, and you can see many of them siding with the Russians yet again in this Ukrainian incident, perhaps out of habit.

    There was an interesting program on the brain where people responded differently to the same situations depending on where just a minor bit of pressure was applied to their brains. I believe the same things happens with the Left, that they just can't help themselves.The evidence is easily available.
    I sincerely think there is something wrong with them. Phsycological, even congential.

    They think everyone uses the same warped and superficial one dimensional thought proceses they use to disseminate information with.

    They've reasoned that after 24 Consecutive 5th ammendment pleas that attacking Issa and offering up irrelevent diversions is a thoughtful and reasonable counter argument to the charge that the Obama administration used the IRS to target Conservatives and violate their civil rights.

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •