Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 525

Thread: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

  1. #231
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,484

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    we, as citizens, would hope that our government's interest would be to ferret out wrongdoing
    but what we have seen by issa's actions is an attempt to find something to blame on the president and his administration
    anyone, even a fool, can see that this is about gotcha politics and has nothing to do with the truth
    if it were actually about the truth, then we would have accepted what the republican appointed IG said his investigation revealed: the actions of the IRS were not politically motivated
    That is clearly a lie.

    You cannot substantiate it, and is a deliberate attempt to deceive.

    There has not been ONE action of that committee that has indicated the witch hunt you claim, in fact the obstruction of the committee's work by the Democrats is leading people to suspect Obama had a personal involvement in this.

    With the lies, deliberate distortions and obstruction, trying to suppress evidence before its been heard it is difficult to come to any conclusion other than that there is a campaign to prevent the truth from being found. If Obama's supporters actually trusted him, really believed hew was not, then they would be arrogantly demanding "bring it on"....not wallowing in lies and distortions and petty, childish name calling.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  2. #232
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    That is clearly a lie.

    You cannot substantiate it, and is a deliberate attempt to deceive.

    There has not been ONE action of that committee that has indicated the witch hunt you claim, in fact the obstruction of the committee's work by the Democrats is leading people to suspect Obama had a personal involvement in this.

    With the lies, deliberate distortions and obstruction, trying to suppress evidence before its been heard it is difficult to come to any conclusion other than that there is a campaign to prevent the truth from being found. If Obama's supporters actually trusted him, really believed hew was not, then they would be arrogantly demanding "bring it on"....not wallowing in lies and distortions and petty, childish name calling.
    A Commitee is equally represented by members of both parties, the logical assumption is that they cooperate.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #233
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Uhhh....... that's the entire point of the 5th.

    Business Law Today: Taking the 5th: How to pierce the testamonial shield

    Are you seriously saying that because she pleads the 5th she must be guilty?
    If she wasn't guilty of something she wouldn't need to pleed the 5th.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  4. #234
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    That is clearly a lie.

    You cannot substantiate it, and is a deliberate attempt to deceive.

    There has not been ONE action of that committee that has indicated the witch hunt you claim, in fact the obstruction of the committee's work by the Democrats is leading people to suspect Obama had a personal involvement in this.

    With the lies, deliberate distortions and obstruction, trying to suppress evidence before its been heard it is difficult to come to any conclusion other than that there is a campaign to prevent the truth from being found. If Obama's supporters actually trusted him, really believed hew was not, then they would be arrogantly demanding "bring it on"....not wallowing in lies and distortions and petty, childish name calling.
    here is all the proof that any reasonable person should require, to demonstrate issa's interest is in sullying the white house rather than reaching the truth:

    the republican appointed IG stated that his investigation revealed there was NO political influence for the actions taken by the IRS employees
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #235
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    No, I am saying the idea that someone making the point that Obama is "half-black" is both ludicrous and racist...
    No, you are saying that you agree with the Louisiana bus driver in 1960 that Obama is all black.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    here is all the proof that any reasonable
    person should require, to demonstrate issa's interest is in sullying the white house rather than reaching the truth:

    the republican appointed IG stated that his investigation revealed there was NO political influence for the actions taken by the IRS employees
    Watch list with Conservative sounding names were the only ones directed to Washington.

    And how would ANY IG know whether or not the motivations are political if the Democrats and those at the center of this issue are lying and obfuscating ?

    Why would Lerner lie about the low level rogue employees ? 24 5th ammendment pleas later, NO ONE whos not trying to cover Obama's ass that js, believes she is innocent.

  7. #237
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,948
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Watch list with Conservative sounding names were the only ones directed to Washington.

    And how would ANY IG know whether or not the motivations are political if the Democrats and those at the center of this issue are lying and obfuscating ?

    Why would Lerner lie about the low level rogue employees ? 24 5th ammendment pleas later, NO ONE whos not trying to cover Obama's ass that js, believes she is innocent.
    Agreed. It seems to be the only thing that makes sense.

    I figure there's a direct line to the White House she's hiding, and the pay off is going to be big for her from various administration types, once they are out of office.

    Would seem to me that all the congress members, regardless of political party, would be hot after this issue, abusing the IRS into enforcing the administration in-power's preferences as to political affiliations. If the congress members aren't interested in that, then the administration in power pretty much has permission by precedence, the precedence that's just been set.

    No. This issue, and it's investigation, MUST be perused, and present and future administrations MUST be denied the use of the IRS as a political enforcement arm. Anything less is unconscionable, unacceptable.

  8. #238
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    If she wasn't guilty of something she wouldn't need to pleed the 5th.
    Not entirely true. If you knew that there was wrong doing in a business or agency you were responsible for and that you could be held accountable for it, even if you did not initiate it, the smart thing to do is to the take the Fifth and force your interrogators to give you immunity before testifying. Then you would have opportunity to clear your name with no chance you could be blind sided.

    And does anybody with a brain believe she isn't under enormous pressure by the Obama Administration to keep her mouth shut?

    It's that Catch 22 scenario of the public servant who has the obligation to honestly disclose what he/she is doing in the people's interest vs that same person's constitutional right not to incriminate himself/herself.

    If the Senate wants her to testify, they need to give her immunity. What do they have to lose? And I'm quite sure the Obama Admiistration is doing whatever it can to prevent them doing that too.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  9. #239
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Not entirely true. If you knew that there was wrong doing in a business or agency you were responsible for and that you could be held accountable for it, even if you did not initiate it, the smart thing to do is to the take the Fifth and force your interrogators to give you immunity before testifying. Then you would have opportunity to clear your name with no chance you could be blind sided.

    And does anybody with a brain believe she isn't under enormous pressure by the Obama Administration to keep her mouth shut?

    It's that Catch 22 scenario of the public servant who has the obligation to honestly disclose what he/she is doing in the people's interest vs that same person's constitutional right not to incriminate himself/herself.

    If the Senate wants her to testify, they need to give her immunity. What do they have to lose? And I'm quite sure the Obama Admiistration is doing whatever it can to prevent them doing that too.
    The better question is why is Issa not offering immunity in exchange for testimony?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #240
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    sure she can
    and so can you
    she may not have any idea where they are headed with this investigation. so, it would be smart - which is why she has counsel - to exercise her Constitutional right against self incrimination
    why is the reich wing so opposed to Constitutional rights and the exercise of them?
    Exactly. Issa has essentially said that he wants to hang someone's head on a pole. Why would anyone want to testify before a committee that has no desire to get to the truth, but instead wants to collect scalps for political theatre?

Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •