Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 525

Thread: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

  1. #191
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    So, you think she is pleading the 5th to protect the administration?
    She's protecting somebody; not just herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #192
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    none
    not a smidgen
    no sign of one


    no law of the land was violated
    no political influence was applied
    no person or entity was impacted due to their political beliefs
    looks like the reich wing struck out yet again


    there is a massive amount of corruption in government. hell, citizens united made bribes legal campaign contributions. we have the best government money can buy
    but you don't seem concerned about that real issue
    while to entertain yourself with a non-issue


    willingness to believe unsubstantiated crap, such as you display, willingly forming false conclusions with no evidence, for partisan purposes; that ignorance plays a major part in the decline of our nation
    Can't wait to repeat The Messiah's talking points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #193
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    none
    not a smidgen
    no sign of one


    no law of the land was violated
    no political influence was applied
    no person or entity was impacted due to their political beliefs
    looks like the reich wing struck out yet again


    there is a massive amount of corruption in government. hell, citizens united made bribes legal campaign contributions. we have the best government money can buy
    but you don't seem concerned about that real issue
    while to entertain yourself with a non-issue


    willingness to believe unsubstantiated crap, such as you display, willingly forming false conclusions with no evidence, for partisan purposes; that ignorance plays a major part in the decline of our nation


    I do not appreciate the tone nor the words of your post.

    I have been nothing if not civil with you. Your insults clearly demonstrate that your argument is completely without merit, denies the facts as presented. To deny that corruption has not been unveiled in the face of Lerner's sworn testimony is an egregious a a deliberate attempt to deceive.

    Clearly, your comments cannot be taken as anything other than comic relief. The record is clear, the law was broken and your attempts at denial are as trustworthy as "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

    Thank you for your participation in the debate, but sir, insults do not win arguments and clearly that is all you have in you arsenal of wits.

    Please do take offense at this. Perhaps in the future you might try to be a better example of American Democrats, as this display illustrates the absolute vacuum of morals in the party.

    For the record I am in no way partisan, not a member of the Republican Party, not a tea bagger, and in fact a member of the Liberal Party of Canada. The decline of your nation is a matter of record.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I do not appreciate the tone nor the words of your post.

    I have been nothing if not civil with you. Your insults clearly demonstrate that your argument is completely without merit, denies the facts as presented. To deny that corruption has not been unveiled in the face of Lerner's sworn testimony is an egregious a a deliberate attempt to deceive.

    Clearly, your comments cannot be taken as anything other than comic relief. The record is clear, the law was broken and your attempts at denial are as trustworthy as "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

    Thank you for your participation in the debate, but sir, insults do not win arguments and clearly that is all you have in you arsenal of wits.

    Please do take offense at this. Perhaps in the future you might try to be a better example of American Democrats, as this display illustrates the absolute vacuum of morals in the party.

    For the record I am in no way partisan, not a member of the Republican Party, not a tea bagger, and in fact a member of the Liberal Party of Canada. The decline of your nation is a matter of record.
    Anyone who dares critique dear leader is subject to his outbursts.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She's protecting somebody; not just herself.
    Why wouldn't protecting herself be enough motivation for her to take the 5th?
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  6. #196
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Why wouldn't protecting herself be enough motivation for her to take the 5th?
    Because she's taking the 5th on questions that won't incriminate her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because she's taking the 5th on questions that won't incriminate her.
    I don't see how anyone could know that, unless the details are known, which they are not because she is taking the 5th.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  8. #198
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,850

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Lerner has a history of harassment back when she was part of the FEC.
    https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...ec_725004.html
    Lerner made a public acknowledgement that Conservative groups had been targeted.
    WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service apologized Friday for subjecting Tea Party groups to additional scrutiny during the 2012 election, but denied any political motive.

    Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS unit that oversees tax-exempt groups, said organizations that included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status were singled out for additional reviews. Her remarks, which came at an American Bar Association gathering, were first reported by the Associated Press.
    IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

    The first question one should ask is "Why is there a need for an apology if there was no wrong doing?"

    The apology came on the heels of Congress investigating due to complaints they had received by constituents over delays also with documentation of numerous inappropriate questionnaires these groups were receiving from the IRS.

    Lerner has been before Congress twice and both times took the Fifth. Today she just re-affirmed her guilt. You have to ask yourself, if you have nothing to hide, if no wrong-doing was committed, if there isn’t even a “smidgen of corruption” as President Obama famously declared in a Super Bowl Sunday in his interview with Bill O’Reilly, then why won’t Lerner talk without the protection of immunity?

  9. #199
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    So, you think she is pleading the 5th to protect the administration?
    That would not be legal. You're only supposed to plead the fifth if the answer might incriminate you or your spouse, not your boss.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Lois Lerner does about-face, will give Hill testimony on IRS scandal

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    none
    not a smidgen
    no sign of one


    no law of the land was violated
    no political influence was applied
    no person or entity was impacted due to their political beliefs
    looks like the reich wing struck out yet again


    there is a massive amount of corruption in government. hell, citizens united made bribes legal campaign contributions. we have the best government money can buy
    but you don't seem concerned about that real issue
    while to entertain yourself with a non-issue


    willingness to believe unsubstantiated crap, such as you display, willingly forming false conclusions with no evidence, for partisan purposes; that ignorance plays a major part in the decline of our nation
    How do you know all this when the main player keeps pleading the fifth?

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •