Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 187

Thread: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

  1. #151
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Actually it is Americas business because you along with the UK and Russia all signed a treaty saying that your would guarentee and respect Ukraines borders if they gave up their nukes.
    I didn't see the guarantee part. Can you link that. And if we did, all the more reason we need to quite that ****.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #152
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I disagree first of all that Russia has disrespected their sovereignty, a country on ones border which explodes in civil unrest is hardly an illegitimate concern. Both the US and UK travel abroad to respond to countries in similar situation regularly to influence the outcome, and the Putin criticisms are hypocritical.
    The treaty doesnt say that Russia can exploit Ukraine in times of political turmoil and no matter what you opinion is on the matter you can not dispute that Russia have ignored the Ukraines Sovereignty. They have invaded the country with their armed forces, it doesnt get more clear cut than that.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #153
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Treaties are the law of the land, thus, Obama is required by law to honor the terms of the treaty.
    Love how the law of the land is important only when you want it to be.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #154
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yeah, these are people afraid of loosing face. Afraid the US won't be the toughest one anymore. The fact is that the reason why the US is loosing power is because we abused it, the patronising soul will never concede to that, but that's just the way it works.
    Let jerk Obama go together with his Democrats to fight against Putin in the WWIII. It is extremely difficult to believe he will did it.The danger is, that after openly conflict with Putin both USA and other NATO countries cease out to exist.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  5. #155
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Russia does have vital military interests in the Crimean peninsula. We do not, though I'd hope that our reaction to an overthrow of the British government to be similar.
    I doubt most Brits would agree if their gov shot civilians.

    Yay, the Americans are here to reimpose the status quo. Nope.

  6. #156
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Treaties are the law of the land, thus, Obama is required by law to honor the terms of the treaty.
    Better to use this treaty as a toilet paper as to ruin the Earth in WWIII, which will be the last war in the human history.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    The treaty doesnt say that Russia can exploit Ukraine in times of political turmoil and no matter what you opinion is on the matter you can not dispute that Russia have ignored the Ukraines Sovereignty. They have invaded the country with their armed forces, it doesnt get more clear cut than that.
    The UK and the US violated the sovereignty of Iraq, just for starters, (not to mention Britain's historical sovereignty violations of about 2/3 rds of the world) again, a country on Russia's border in flames is a legitimate concern for Putin, much more so than the UK and US.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #158
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I didn't see the guarantee part. Can you link that. And if we did, all the more reason we need to quite that ****.
    By signing the treaty we guarenteed it

    The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defence or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.,

    Nato-Ukraine Charter on a Distinctive Partnership, 1997. Although it clearly avoids any reference to any mutual defence assurances, its language builds on the Budapest Memorandum by essentially committing all Nato allies to the same kind of declarative support for Ukraine’s sovereignty. The key paragraph here is number 14:

    NATO Allies will continue to support Ukrainian sovereignty and independence, territorial integrity, democratic development, economic prosperity and its status as a non-nuclear weapon state, and the principle of inviolability of frontiers, as key factors of stability and security in Central and Eastern Europe and in the continent as a whole.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #159
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    It has always been known that the Ukraine is the deciding factor over whether Russia is a great dominate power or just another major European power. The size of the population, geographic size, natural resources and industrial base of the Ukraine is massive. It increases the size and power of Russia around 50% and, with it, makes Russia the overwhelming powerhouse of Europe.

    It was a terrible mistake to not bring the Ukraine fully into NATO and merged its forces with NATO forces in the Ukraine. This was Clinton's mistake of 1.) disarming the Ukraine of their nuclear deterrence but 2.) not backing it up with anything but a promise - that we have now broken and left the door open for exactly what is happening. If even a modest NATO force/base which included US forces had been put in place of any substance it is unlikely Russian troops would have invaded - and this is a military invasion in full reliance that the treaty we signed with the Ukraine was, essentially, us lying - or at least lying after-the-fact.

    Iran has just been given the most compelling reason to keep and escalate their nuclear weapons program. If the Ukraine had nuclear weapons this invasion would not be happened. If Iran trusted any agreement about nuclear weapons they would be fools.

  10. #160
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Russian Parliament Wants Ambassador Recalled

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I disagree first of all that Russia has disrespected their sovereignty, a country on ones border which explodes in civil unrest is hardly an illegitimate concern. Both the US and UK travel abroad to respond to countries in similar situation regularly to influence the outcome, and the Putin criticisms are hypocritical.
    There's no other way to define it. They have blatantly disrespected Ukraines sovereignty, didnt even consult the UN about it and have no evidence that Russian citizens were going to be killed.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •