Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Another NFL Star and Rape

  1. #21
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It appears he was always a d-bag, we just didn't know.

    As for the OP, I'd suggest that there probably isn't a wave or trend of pro athletes committing these crimes. They get disproportionate attention. A hundred other women got raped last night, but they aren't on the news. Another hundred were murdered.
    I tend to agree. If six athletes in a given league of many commit these horrendous acts it's considered a "trend" but really it is as you say a person who committed acts, not indicative of their career as a whole. If six CDL drivers do the same thing, we aren't going to say there is a trend of long haul drivers committing these heinous acts, but that six of them got arrested.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #22
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I would think it's safe to assume these pro ball thugs are more violent than your average IBM employee yes.
    I didn't say your average IBM employee. I said society as a whole, per capita. If you're going to move the goalposts, be kind enough to warn me first.

    So, any actual evidence at all?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #23
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    A hundred other guys didn't pick off that asswipe Manning to secure his city's first ever Super Bowl.

    If nobody cared more about celebrities than their neighbors, TMZ would go away. What a shame that would be, huh?
    I liked him when he played for the Saints, but this looks like a slam dunk prosecution and now that things are coming out about his character I am very disappointed that he wore the black and gold, unacceptable.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I didn't say your average IBM employee. I said society as a whole, per capita. If you're going to move the goalposts, be kind enough to warn me first.

    So, any actual evidence at all?

    My average IBM employee was meant to represent the average American, I can't name every company you know. Most companies are composed of average people whereas most NFL and NBA players are from a thug culture. See the difference?

  5. #25
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    http://www.stat.duke.edu/~dalene/cha...23.nflviol.pdf

    "Thus, even though our initial assessment was that the NFL rates looked very high, we find them well below the rates for the general population."

    It's a matter of perception. Pro athletes are perceived as "thugs" even though pro athletes, as a whole, commit crimes at the same or less of a rate as the general population as a whole, because their crimes make headlines.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #26
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    My average IBM employee was meant to represent the average American, I can't name every company you know. Most companies are composed of average people whereas most NFL and NBA players are from a thug culture. See the difference?
    Why did every dog in my neighborhood just start barking.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Why did every dog in my neighborhood just start barking.
    I dunno, odd coincidence huh.

  8. #28
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    A hundred other guys didn't pick off that asswipe Manning to secure his city's first ever Super Bowl.
    That was Porter, not Sharper.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  9. #29
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    That was Porter, not Sharper.
    Yep, sure was. Heck of a way to end a Superbowl, one of my favorites not just because our guys won, it was a great all around game.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #30
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,874
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Another NFL Star and Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yep, sure was. Heck of a way to end a Superbowl, one of my favorites not just because our guys won, it was a great all around game.


    A pick 6, a Two Point conversion, and an onside kick to start the second half. It had everything.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •