Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

  1. #51
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, I guess there is no getting through to you on this. Why the predilection with EO's? You claim to have read my post, where I said I don't care if what he does is on EO or not, yet you go on with them. There is nothing in the Constitution that says a President can only be impeached if his wrongdoing is through EO's, yet you behave as if that is the case. Obviously, your tactic, as is the standard for liberals, is to try and stay away from what he has done, and focus on some insignificant point.
    Is it possible for you to make an argument without this "standard for liberals" crap?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #52
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    05-14-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    231

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    They should, they have a Constitutional right to. But IMO they will have to file a suit and request a ruling from the Supreme Court, whom I no longer have much faith in when it comes to upholding the U.S. Cont. and the rights of the citizens.a

  3. #53
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Is it possible for you to make an argument without this "standard for liberals" crap?
    More of the same standard liberal crap, how ironic.
    God, that's so weak. You've got to do better than that.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #54
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,077
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Can someone give me an example of an Executive Order that has been declared illegal/unconstitutional by a court of competent jurisdiction?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  5. #55
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I see your point. But for me, even a spineless do nothing is better than a Dem being in those spots and spending money as if it grew on ever blooming trees.
    Well, I can't stand either party but if they are both creating stupid and harmful laws just to placate the most voters and stay in power then either way it's a poor option.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #56
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Did the depth of Turley's criticisms of BUSH escape you? He's right on Obama and he was right on Bush, but partisanship allows this **** to perpetuate and intensify.
    No, and you are probably right, I didn't hold his criticisms as critical enough during the Bush years, and could have been a bit more skeptical in the actions Bush was taking at the time, but we are past that, and I think that focusing on Bush as though it should dismiss the actions of today we do at our own peril.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #57
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,081

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, I guess there is no getting through to you on this. Why the predilection with EO's? You claim to have read my post, where I said I don't care if what he does is on EO or not, yet you go on with them. There is nothing in the Constitution that says a President can only be impeached if his wrongdoing is through EO's, yet you behave as if that is the case. Obviously, your tactic, as is the standard for liberals, is to try and stay away from what he has done, and focus on some insignificant point.
    You clearly have no command of the issue at hand.... When you speak of Obama "taking over legislative duties" that IS using Executive Order (or signing statements, which he can't do, since congress never passes anything)... That is how the executive branch "enacts law", has they have since the inception of US time. Again, you express your outrage but you are unable to coherently (and correctly) articulate the substantiation for your outrage. Your inability to support your position objectively is typical of most of the right wing wackjobs here. They only know what they learned on political porn sites or Fox news and can only argue with insult and insolence.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 03-02-14 at 11:12 PM.

  8. #58
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You clearly have no command of the issue at hand.... When you speak of Obama "taking over legislative duties" that IS using Executive Order (or signing statements, which he can't do, since congress never passes anything)... That is how the executive branch "enacts law", has they have since the inception of US time. Again, you express your outrage but you are unable to coherently (and correctly) articulate the substantiation for your outrage. Your inability to support your position objectively is typical of most of the right wing wackjobs here. They only know what they learned on political porn sites or Fox news and can only argue with insult and insolence.
    Do you know more than Turley?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #59
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, and you are probably right, I didn't hold his criticisms as critical enough during the Bush years, and could have been a bit more skeptical in the actions Bush was taking at the time, but we are past that, and I think that focusing on Bush as though it should dismiss the actions of today we do at our own peril.
    Oh by no means did I offer it up as a dismissal of Obama's actions. By all means, he's Bush on steroids in several troubling areas. My point was that Bush supporters were dismissive of Turley when he was raising hell about Bush, and only now find his concerns relevant. And if Obama supporters do the same thing now, wait till the next president comes in, regardless of his party affiliation. But you already said you should have been tougher on Bush, I respect that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #60
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Congress urged to challenge Obama’s executive actions

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do you know more than Turley?
    Turley needs to be listened to, or we're all going to be in big trouble. He's also shown his loyalties are to the constitution and IL. He raised hell about Bush, now he's raising he'll about Obama, he's no partisan.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •