Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 671 to 679 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #671
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    You got Godwinned, bitches!!!!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #672
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    So you are okay with Nazi's insisting that a Jewish photographer take the official photos of their day-long celebration of Hitler's birthday? Or a black caterer being required to provide the buffet for a Klan meeting? Or a Muslim being required to photograph a bikini contest? Somehow I doubt it. Liberals only call it bigotry when it involves Christian values.
    It's all bigotry. Some bigotry is acceptable, though, in an intelligent society. Idiots who pretend that bigotry/discrimination against gay people is a Christian value rather than their own ****ing issues being blamed on Christianity, for example, are worthy of bigotry against them because they are ignorant ****ing morons.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #673
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,781

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Your projecting it is yours which was destroyed by facts
    LOL facts prove otherwise, keep trying though its halarious
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #674
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,781

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it is you who make the point that rights are being violated, ...yet you cannot provide 1 single right.

    yet you mask your defense, in a haze of humor, fog, claiming facts, and repeated refusal to name a right, per the Constitution.

    your attempts at these deflections, does not prove your case.
    translation: you still got nothing but desperate deflections and lies, thanks this was already established let us know when that changes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #675
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LOL facts prove otherwise, keep trying though its halarious
    The facts prove you wrong

  6. #676
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,781

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The facts prove you wrong
    if you say so, you are free to believe that
    but nobody honest, educated and objective will believe it though, especially since the thread proves otherwise
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #677
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    I have to admit, I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I think businesses should have the right to refuse on any basis, on the other hand, if we allow people to refuse service because of religion, where does it stop?
    I am not torn. I think that people have a right to refuse service to anyone for anything. Not sure why someone would want to do business with someone who doesn't want them as a customer. The businesses run by bigots will either go out of business or do what some groups do now, completely legally, and become private and only do business with "members". Andrew Sullivan, a gay writer and proponent of SSM supports the right of a business to refuse to serve some. He probably feels, like I do, that this will happen very few times and it is not a real problem. How many bakeries or photographers are there?

    Hate and intolerance are wrong. And it is worse when the hate and intolerance is coming from the majority with government backing, ganging up on a minority. And this should not be some "religion" issue-all of us should have freedom to form our own opinions and live by those opinions. Slavery is over. People don't have to perform services for anyone if they choose not to.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/02/op...=tw-share&_r=1

  8. #678
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    I am not torn. I think that people have a right to refuse service to anyone for anything. Not sure why someone would want to do business with someone who doesn't want them as a customer. The businesses run by bigots will either go out of business or do what some groups do now, completely legally, and become private and only do business with "members". Andrew Sullivan, a gay writer and proponent of SSM supports the right of a business to refuse to serve some. He probably feels, like I do, that this will happen very few times and it is not a real problem. How many bakeries or photographers are there?

    Hate and intolerance are wrong. And it is worse when the hate and intolerance is coming from the majority with government backing, ganging up on a minority. And this should not be some "religion" issue-all of us should have freedom to form our own opinions and live by those opinions. Slavery is over. People don't have to perform services for anyone if they choose not to.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/02/op...=tw-share&_r=1
    That is how I thought of it originally. Though, the more I thought about it, the more I looked at it like this. If we allowed businesses to discriminate, that's what it is, on a basis like this in the state of Alabama, which is rather staunchly religious, then it would more or less force a gay person or couple out of the state.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  9. #679
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    That is how I thought of it originally. Though, the more I thought about it, the more I looked at it like this. If we allowed businesses to discriminate, that's what it is, on a basis like this in the state of Alabama, which is rather staunchly religious, then it would more or less force a gay person or couple out of the state.
    Well, I was thinking about Alabama, and the 1950s south, when I wrote that. I would support requiring business to not discriminate in that case. But I think that here we are talking about a very small group. It doesn't rise to the level of being a problem, IMHO. I would hope that any non-discrimination law would be short term and expire after society adapts and accepts. On the gay issue, Alabama will come around to majority acceptance soon, if not already and those who continue to oppose will be marginalized. Passing a law will tend to rally some people and make a mountain out of a molehill. Let's see if it is a mountain first.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •