Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #661
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so you are trying to argue one point and ignore the rest?
    LMAO
    sorry your post failed and got destroyed pages ago

    its already been proven that its just you OPINION and that fact will never change
    keep trying though its hilarious

    facts win again
    Your projecting it is yours which was destroyed by facts

  2. #662
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    great post, unfortunately also a great waste of breath. They made up their minds. Celebrate homosexuality OR ELSE. funny world we live in, huh?

    What if the Westboro baptists went into a bakery owned by a gay gentlemen and wanted a cake that said "God HATES Fags" on it? Would all of the people on here so, so upset over this law be in here SUPPORTING the westboro church and DEMANDING that the gay gentlemen bake them the cake? OF COURSE NOT! but since it wrecks their entire line of thinking they will simply ignore(or dance around) the GAPING HOLE in their argument. so cute, yet so sad.
    that is a very interesting situation, ...and i am sure you are correct.

  3. #663
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If I fail to serve someone what harm am I inflicting on those I refuse to serve? As for your argument that it harms society, it should be noted, as I noted earlier, that society is just a collection of individuals with their own individual human rights, and does not have its own rights onto itself that must be considered when dealing any topic.
    You probably don't see it because you're straight and white.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    great post, unfortunately also a great waste of breath. They made up their minds. Celebrate homosexuality OR ELSE. funny world we live in, huh?

    What if the Westboro baptists went into a bakery owned by a gay gentlemen and wanted a cake that said "God HATES Fags" on it? Would all of the people on here so, so upset over this law be in here SUPPORTING the westboro church and DEMANDING that the gay gentlemen bake them the cake? OF COURSE NOT! but since it wrecks their entire line of thinking they will simply ignore(or dance around) the GAPING HOLE in their argument. so cute, yet so sad.
    I'm "celebrating" the behavior of every single person I do business with? That's a laugh.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #664
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    What if the Westboro baptists went into a bakery owned by a gay gentlemen and wanted a cake that said "God HATES Fags" on it? Would all of the people on here so, so upset over this law be in here SUPPORTING the westboro church and DEMANDING that the gay gentlemen bake them the cake? OF COURSE NOT! but since it wrecks their entire line of thinking they will simply ignore(or dance around) the GAPING HOLE in their argument. so cute, yet so sad.
    And to follow the lines of your example...If a customer came into a bakery and wanted a "Jesus is a ***" cake, is there an expectation of freedom of speech in that? To deny a customer for the content of the cake's decoration is different than denying the customer for who they are.

    If in fact the Westboro Church wanted a plain cake for their Church social lunch...and were denied service for who they are...Isn't that a closer analogy to the SS couple?

    In the case of the SS couple, it was not that the cake's content that was offensive to the shop owner, it was the symbol of the cake. SSM.
    Last edited by 1750Texan; 03-01-14 at 07:50 AM.

  5. #665
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    great post, unfortunately also a great waste of breath. They made up their minds. Celebrate homosexuality OR ELSE. funny world we live in, huh?

    What if the Westboro baptists went into a bakery owned by a gay gentlemen and wanted a cake that said "God HATES Fags" on it? Would all of the people on here so, so upset over this law be in here SUPPORTING the westboro church and DEMANDING that the gay gentlemen bake them the cake? OF COURSE NOT! but since it wrecks their entire line of thinking they will simply ignore(or dance around) the GAPING HOLE in their argument. so cute, yet so sad.
    Nice try to conflate two entirely different issues, but still a fail.

  6. #666
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What did the term regulate mean in 1787. Why is it that business is not listed in the commerce clause? Don't you think that is kind of odd? I mean why did they list commerce between all these entities and just leave off business? Interesting, isn't it? Then again, what did the word regulate mean? Hmm..
    Old English bisignis (see busy, -ness). The sense in Old English was ‘anxiety’; the sense ‘the state of being busy’ was used from Middle English down to the 18th cent., but is now differentiated as busyness . The sense ‘an appointed task’ dates from late Middle English, and from it all the other current senses have developed.
    So at the time the constitution was being written, 18th century - "business" was used to anxious and to a wider extent "being busy". It wasn't used to define commercial enterprises. The word "commerce" on the other hand:

    Online Etymology Dictionary


    commerce (n.) Look up commerce at Dictionary.com
    1530s, from Middle French commerce (14c.), from Latin commercium "trade, trafficking," from com- "together" (see com-) + merx (genitive mercis) "merchandise" (see market (n.)).
    Defined what we today know was business. Your attempt to play knowledgeable at this is failing fast. Commerce was used in the way we today use "business".

    busi·ness
    ˈbiznis/
    noun
    noun: business

    2.
    the practice of making one's living by engaging in commerce.
    Hardly matters though. If they aren't in violation of anyones rights, and they aren't, than the state has no justification to act.

    If you don't understand the intent of that question yet, you never will. I have explained that question many times over and if you ever feel like it you can click on the quote of that question in Sanghas(however you spell it) sig and find that at no point did I endorse or condone anything nor did I offer my opinion on the matter. It was a question, that's it. Drop it.
    Sorry, considering you don't understand the basic concepts of rights beyond ideological masturbating to romanticized versions of what they mean, I can't drop it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #667
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    is it fitting and proper to force the caterer and staff to be subjected to something so repugnant to them?
    Fitting no but then again o one says that freedom is free. There is always a price to be paid. The difference is that in this case public safety is no compromised.

  8. #668
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    There is no religious text in the world which states "Thou shalt not serve pancakes to gay people". Thus, this load of bull**** that refusing to serve LGBT people is a religious freedom issue is, simply put, mind-numbingly retarded.

    These assholes who claim that their religion calls for them to discriminate against homosexuals should be ashamed of themselves for giving their alleged religions a bad name. If they don't have the balls to admit that they are simply bigots instead of trying to hide behind a fake religion they are making up as they go along, then they are worthless pieces of ****. That being said, even though I think that these human equivalents of pig feces are detrimental to a healthy and intelligent society, they shouldn't be discriminated against for being worthless drains on society.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #669
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    03-25-14 @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    873

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    great post, unfortunately also a great waste of breath. They made up their minds. Celebrate homosexuality OR ELSE. funny world we live in, huh?
    Yes, and 50 years ago, people like you were saying the same thing about the Civil Rights Act! No one says you have to "celebrate" homosexuality; you just have to tolerate homosexuals....just as 50 years ago, you had to take down your "whites only" signs and tolerate blacks sitting at your lunch counter and black kids being allowed to go to the same schools as whites!
    What if the Westboro baptists went into a bakery owned by a gay gentlemen and wanted a cake that said "God HATES Fags" on it?
    It's been a while since I read the original story about the cake maker who claimed it was against his christian faith to do business with homosexuals, but I don't recall there being any issue about what they wanted on the cake itself. Did they want a cake shaped like a giant dick, or have Gay Pride written in rainbow colors on it? From my recollection, his objections were all about having homosexuals in his store, and doing business with them. And as has been noted many times already, if religion is trotted out as the excuse for discrimination against homosexuals, what's to stop someone claiming religious dogma for discrimination based on race, ethnicity, other religions etc.?
    Why should our nastiness be the baggage of an apish past and our kindness uniquely human? Why should we not seek continuity with other animals for our "noble" traits as well?
    Stephen J. Gould

  10. #670
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Commie View Post
    Yes, and 50 years ago, people like you were saying the same thing about the Civil Rights Act! No one says you have to "celebrate" homosexuality; you just have to tolerate homosexuals....just as 50 years ago, you had to take down your "whites only" signs and tolerate blacks sitting at your lunch counter and black kids being allowed to go to the same schools as whites!

    It's been a while since I read the original story about the cake maker who claimed it was against his christian faith to do business with homosexuals, but I don't recall there being any issue about what they wanted on the cake itself. Did they want a cake shaped like a giant dick, or have Gay Pride written in rainbow colors on it? From my recollection, his objections were all about having homosexuals in his store, and doing business with them. And as has been noted many times already, if religion is trotted out as the excuse for discrimination against homosexuals, what's to stop someone claiming religious dogma for discrimination based on race, ethnicity, other religions etc.?
    So you are okay with Nazi's insisting that a Jewish photographer take the official photos of their day-long celebration of Hitler's birthday? Or a black caterer being required to provide the buffet for a Klan meeting? Or a Muslim being required to photograph a bikini contest? Somehow I doubt it. Liberals only call it bigotry when it involves Christian values.

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •