Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #611
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    1.)2....please explain what rights were broken... name each right per the constitution.....please do not list not being discriminated against as a right, because it does not exist.

    2.)..then I am still waiting for you to list rights which were violated by the business owners , since the couple has no exercisable rights while they were on another person's property.
    1.) so you want me to list the rights and law without listing the right and law and then you say they dont exist?
    sorry facts, rights laws, court cases prove you wrong

    sorry it is illegal and a violation of rights to discriminant based on these things "age, disability, race/national origin/color. religion, gender and sometimes sexual orientation
    this is a fact whether you like it or not and it further explains your sever confusion''you are allowed to feel its wrong or disagree with those being rights and law BUT they factually are

    how about you tell me your favorite color, but please dont name any actual colors because they dont exists LMAO

    2.) see #1
    this explains so much about your confusion and inane wording and fantasy coming up with scenarios that factually weren't happening and mad no sense
    sorry ill stic with facts, rights, law and court cases over your opinion

    thank you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #612
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) so you want me to list the rights and law without listing the right and law and then you say they dont exist?
    sorry facts, rights laws, court cases prove you wrong

    sorry it is illegal and a violation of rights to discriminant based on these things "age, disability, race/national origin/color. religion, gender and sometimes sexual orientation
    this is a fact whether you like it or not and it further explains your sever confusion''you are allowed to feel its wrong or disagree with those being rights and law BUT they factually are

    how about you tell me your favorite color, but please dont name any actual colors because they dont exists LMAO

    2.) see #1
    this explains so much about your confusion and inane wording and fantasy coming up with scenarios that factually weren't happening and mad no sense
    sorry ill stic with facts, rights, law and court cases over your opinion

    thank you
    its real simple, ..........name a right the business owners violated of the couple....please list just one....because you said there was a rights violation.

    again I am only asking for 1 right which was violated per the constitution or recognized by the court.

  3. #613
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    1.)its real simple, ..........name a right the business owners violated of the couple....please list just one....because you said there was a rights violation.

    again I am only asking for 1 right which was violated per the constitution or recognized by the court.
    you are right and this is why i already did already did, did you miss them?

    here ill quote it

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    sorry it is illegal and a violation of rights to discriminant based on these things "age, disability, race/national origin/color. religion, gender and sometimes sexual orientation
    this is a fact whether you like it or not and it further explains your sever confusion''you are allowed to feel its wrong or disagree with those being rights and law BUT they factually are
    not sure why this confuses you

    if you disagree simply factually prove thats not law and that doesn't violate rights listed above?
    i have facts, law, rights and court cases all on my side that talk about this law. one fact that agrees with you and prove these law and rights wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #614
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you are right and this is why i already did already did, did you miss them?

    here ill quote it



    not sure why this confuses you

    if you disagree simply factually prove thats not law and that doesn't violate rights listed above?
    i have facts, law, rights and court cases all on my side that talk about this law. one fact that agrees with you and prove these law and rights wrong.
    what right? what you stated is no right, federal laws do not create rights, rights can only be recognized by the constitution or recognized by the USSC.

    congress can in no way create federal legislation bestowing rights to the public.

    the bill of rights does not even give or grant rights.

  5. #615
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what right? what you stated is no right, federal laws do not create rights, rights can only be recognized by the constitution or recognized by the USSC.

    congress can in no way create federal legislation bestowing rights to the public.

    the bill of rights does not even give or grant rights.
    and this is where your confusion comes in
    you think your OPINION is fact and it matters but its not and its factually wrong

    you are free to have this opinion though but i again ask, what do you base it on

    i have facts, laws, rights and court cases all support this

    what do you have besides "nu-huh"

    so are you claiming this is a big conspiracy theory? all those laws and rights and court cases and the usages of the 14 and civil rights all these years is all wrong . . only your opinion is right?

    and be clear, i have ZERO interest in discussion your opinions and philosophies im asking you fro FACTS that prove all that stuff wrong

    what FACTS do have that prove the facts above and the law and established rights and court cases wrong?

    i look forward to reading your confusion and humor tomorrow
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #616
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and this is where your confusion comes in
    you think your OPINION is fact and it matters but its not and its factually wrong

    you are free to have this opinion though but i again ask, what do you base it on

    i have facts, laws, rights and court cases all support this

    what do you have besides "nu-huh"

    so are you claiming this is a big conspiracy theory? all those laws and rights and court cases and the usages of the 14 and civil rights all these years is all wrong . . only your opinion is right?

    and be clear, i have ZERO interest in discussion your opinions and philosophies im asking you fro FACTS that prove all that stuff wrong

    what FACTS do have that prove the facts above and the law and established rights and court cases wrong?

    i look forward to reading your confusion and humor tomorrow
    I asked you what right. you wish to cite federal laws, ..well federal laws cannot create rights for the people, only rights recognized in the constitution or rights recognized by the USSC are rights.

    the court has never stated you have a right to not be discriminated against, by a citizen or business.

    constitutional law states that governments cannot discriminate against the people....because constitutions only apply to government they never limit people.

    so again what right per constitutional law, was violated by the business owner.


    p.s. since the couple was on the business owners property at the time, the couple has no exercisable rights to speak of
    Last edited by Master PO; 02-28-14 at 03:22 AM.

  7. #617
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,462

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    In the case of the photographer (what prompted the AZ law, per the words of the crafters)

    Elane Photography v. Vanessa Willock <-- Good reading.

    The Supreme Court of New Mexico. Unanimous ruling.

    <snip>

    The United States Supreme Court has never found a compelled-speech violation arising from the application of antidiscrimination laws to a for-profit public accommodation.
    In fact, it has suggested that public accommodation laws are generally constitutional.
    See
    Hurley
    , 515 U.S. at 572 (“Provisions like these are well within the State’s usual power to enact when a legislature has reason to believe that a given group is the target of discrimination, and they do not, as a general matter, violate the First or Fourteenth Amendments . . . . [T]he focal point of [such statutes is] rather on the act of discriminating against individuals in the provision of publicly available goods, privileges, and services on
    the proscribed grounds.”).

    The United States Supreme Court has found constitutional problems with some applications of state public accommodation laws, but those problems have arisen when states have applied their public accommodation laws to free-speech events such as privately organized parades, id.at 566, 573, 580-81, and private membership organizations, Boy Scouts of Am. v. Dale, 530 U.S. 640, 659, 659 n.4 (2000).2
    Elane Photography, however, is an ordinary public accommodation, a “clearly commercial entit[y],” that sells goods and services to the public.

    and

    Antidiscrimination laws have been consistently upheld as constitutional.
    See, e.g.
    ,
    Hurley
    , 515 U.S. at 572 (“[Public accommodations la
    ws] do not, as a general matter, violate
    the First or Fourteenth Amendments.”);

    Heart of Atlanta Motel
    , 379 U.S. at 242-44, 258, 261
    (sustaining Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 against challenges based on the Commerce Clause and the Fifth and Thirteenth Amendments). Elane Photography’s desire to work with heterosexual rather than homosexual couples does not give it license to violate
    the NMHRA.


    Elane Photography v. Vanessa Willock

    Which leads me to wonder, are you a conservative in favor of State's Rights?

  8. #618
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    In the case of the photographer (what prompted the AZ law, per the words of the crafters)

    Elane Photography v. Vanessa Willock <-- Good reading.

    The Supreme Court of New Mexico. Unanimous ruling.

    <snip>

    The United States Supreme Court has never found a compelled-speech violation arising from the application of antidiscrimination laws to a for-profit public accommodation.
    In fact, it has suggested that public accommodation laws are generally constitutional.
    See
    Hurley
    , 515 U.S. at 572 (“Provisions like these are well within the State’s usual power to enact when a legislature has reason to believe that a given group is the target of discrimination, and they do not, as a general matter, violate the First or Fourteenth Amendments . . . . [T]he focal point of [such statutes is] rather on the act of discriminating against individuals in the provision of publicly available goods, privileges, and services on
    the proscribed grounds.”).

    The United States Supreme Court has found constitutional problems with some applications of state public accommodation laws, but those problems have arisen when states have applied their public accommodation laws to free-speech events such as privately organized parades, id.at 566, 573, 580-81, and private membership organizations, Boy Scouts of Am. v. Dale, 530 U.S. 640, 659, 659 n.4 (2000).2
    Elane Photography, however, is an ordinary public accommodation, a “clearly commercial entit[y],” that sells goods and services to the public.

    and

    Antidiscrimination laws have been consistently upheld as constitutional.
    See, e.g.
    ,
    Hurley
    , 515 U.S. at 572 (“[Public accommodations la
    ws] do not, as a general matter, violate
    the First or Fourteenth Amendments.”);

    Heart of Atlanta Motel
    , 379 U.S. at 242-44, 258, 261
    (sustaining Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 against challenges based on the Commerce Clause and the Fifth and Thirteenth Amendments). Elane Photography’s desire to work with heterosexual rather than homosexual couples does not give it license to violate
    the NMHRA.


    Elane Photography v. Vanessa Willock

    Which leads me to wonder, are you a conservative in favor of State's Rights?
    are you addressing me?

  9. #619
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,462

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    CONCLUSION{79}
    Elane Photography’s refusal to serve Vanessa Willock violated the New Mexico Human Rights Act, which prohibits a public accommodation from refusing to offer its services to a person based on that person’s sexual orientation.

    Enforcing the NMHRA against Elane Photography does not violate the Free Speech or the Free Exercise clause of the First Amendment or the NMRFRA. For these reasons, we affirm the grant of summary
    judgment in Willock’s favor.

    {80}IT IS SO ORDERED

    Elane Photography v. Vanessa Willock <-- Good reading.

  10. #620
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    New Mexico Human Rights Act

    how can a state create a rights act. .since legislatures do not create rights.

    rights can only be recognized by the constitution or the USSC has to recognize a right,..no state or the congress can create laws, instituting rights to people.

    no government can give a citizen a right or privilege on another persons property.

Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •