Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #521
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Nobody is forcing anybody. The bakery is offering its goods to the public. Nobody demanded that a bakery be opened.
    Really? So there is no law that makes it so the gay couple could sue? Interesting.

    Oh, and once again, they are NOT offering anything to the public. They are offering service to those they consent to offer service to. Nothing more and nothing less.

  2. #522
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Trying to compare anti-discrimination laws to slavery is insulting to people who were actually slaves.
    insulting, you read it right there in the 13th amendment........ involuntary servitude


    Involuntary servitude is a United States legal and constitutional term for a person laboring against that person's will to benefit another, under some form of coercion other than the worker's financial needs. While laboring to benefit another occurs also in the condition of slavery, involuntary servitude does not necessarily connote the complete lack of freedom experienced in chattel slavery; involuntary servitude may also refer to other forms of unfree labor. Involuntary servitude is not dependent upon compensation or its amount.

    The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution makes involuntary servitude illegal under any U.S. jurisdiction whether at the hands of the U.S. government or in the private sphere, except as punishment for a crime: "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

  3. #523
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again, busted strawman. The ER example is a bust.
    It is not a bust. The proposed law would have allowed government employees to discriminate based on their religious bigoted beliefs. You just can't admit that because you still want to live if you face an emergency and do not wish to acknowledge your hypocrisy.

  4. #524
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Nobody is forcing anybody. The bakery is offering its goods to the public. Nobody demanded that a bakery be opened.
    a citizen has recognized rights per the constitution.

    right to association

    right to property

    right to commerce.

    tell me what rights a patron to a business has?
    Last edited by Master PO; 02-27-14 at 08:01 PM.

  5. #525
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nope. It's just an established fact of science.
    You have no clue how stupid that is. Let me highlight it for you:
    You are claiming that: "The reason a child's rights are restricted BY NATURE" and that that is: "an established fact of science"

    I didn't introduce a force into the discussion.
    Yes you did, see the post I replied to.

  6. #526
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why do people keep saying things like "what I would be OK with? Feelings arguments will get you nowhere.
    It is not a feeling, it is the logical conclusion, even if that is beyond you, of what you posted.

  7. #527
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    You have no clue how stupid that is. Let me highlight it for you:
    You are claiming that: "The reason a child's rights are restricted BY NATURE" and that that is: "an established fact of science"
    What do you think science is? lol.

    Yes you did, see the post I replied to.
    No, there is no force in my position.

  8. #528
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You define civilized in a very odd way, don't you?
    No, I go with the mainstream interpretation.

  9. #529
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    It is not a feeling, it is the logical conclusion, even if that is beyond you, of what you posted.
    No, my argument is based on reason, yours is very much one of emotion. Those poor people being denied involuntary servants. Boo hoo. Sorry, but you can't call for involuntary servants and be basing it on reason.

  10. #530
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    No, I go with the mainstream interpretation.
    Which is??

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •