Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #401
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,417

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor - chicagotribune.com




    back up links:

    Arizona governor vetoes anti-gay bill
    Arizona Governor Jan Brewer Vetoes Anti-Gay Bill - NBC News
    Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes so-called anti-gay bill - latimes.com
    Arizona governor vetoes controversial bill allowing denial of service to gays
    Arizona Governor Vetoes Bill Seen Discriminating Against Gays - Businessweek
    Jan Brewer Announces Veto Of Arizona Anti-Gay Bill SB 1062
    Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes anti-gay bill | MSNBC
    Arizona governor vetoes anti-gay bill - Chicago Sun-Times


    vetoed just like i thought and said it would be


    equality wins again


    again it shows the panic and fear of the bigots and those that support discrimination and are against equal rights. They see the writing on the wall, they know equal rights is winning and is going to win the war so they are getting desperate.

    The best part is, even if they win some of these little battles its things like this that are actually HELPING equal rights. The majority of the public eye judges it as wrong and see how nuts it is. But it establishes something that can be challenged in courts just like the state bannings. The vast majority of the lawsuits exist BECAUSE of state bannings lol. The bannings HELPED, its sweet poetic justice.

    THeres some other state trying these i hope they get some momentum behind them to draw more of the public eye on this insanity.
    I really like your triumphalism. It's just sooo much what turns the guys on.

  2. #402
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That is of course impossible considering I'm talking about the nature of property.
    The nature of property does not change under the rock, but being there precludes you from seeing and understanding what is happening in the real world. You fail to understand that reality IS, you do not have to agree with any of it and you may seek to change it, but denying it is just silly and does not help you.

    No, all property works on the same principle, be that your body, your land, your house, your toothbrush
    None of which are "open to the public"

    your business.
    Not if it is open to the public. Make it a private club and you are just fine.

    All property is under the control of the owner and the owner gets to decide who uses it.
    And some of that control is conceded when the business is opened to the public.

    That doesn't defend your argument.
    But it does.

    Sorry, but the first amendment protects the right to association and the right to practice ones religion.
    Look I am not coming to your house and I don't want you to come to mine and you can pray all you want, but when you open the door and say that you have cake for sale your selectivity ends. That is just the way it is. You do not lie it seek to change it, but clearly it is not working out well for your side.

    and the thirteenth forbids all involuntary servitude.
    Nobody is pressing your into any servitude, you offered the cake for sale.

    I understand them just fine, thank you.
    Obviously you do not.

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Of course they can, just ask an inmate if (s)he voted in the last election.
    Even prisoners that are denied to practice their rights do in fact have all their rights. What happens do you think when the force is removed? Any idea?

    No you live in an imagined world totally out of touch with reality, but that is your right to do so.
    Nope.

  4. #404
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    My rights can never be removed, so I live in the present, and will forever live in the present as long I stand by my rights.



    Your rights will never stop other people from having and using their rights.

    Welcome to reality.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Your rights will never stop other people from having and using their rights.

    Welcome to reality.
    What rights are those again? When I discriminate against someone which right of theirs am I violating?

  6. #406
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,210

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Even prisoners that are denied to practice their rights do in fact have all their rights.
    Riiiight, keep telling yourself that while denying reality again. By the way that is why minors kan not vote either eh? They have the right too, but the magic of the calendar is holding them back.

    What happens do you think when the force is removed?
    So you only want the force to be with you when it suits you, like protecting you from suits for bigotry?

  7. #407
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,530

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No. The individual that denied you service didn't cause you a greater harm, but simply refused to assist you in your problem.


    Arguments based on feelings have no effect on logic.
    Oh wow, mental gymnastics. So by that logic, if you called 911 and nobody came because they decided to eat lunch instead, there wouldn't be a lawsuit? No negligence settlement? No criminal charges?

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Riiiight, keep telling yourself that while denying reality again. By the way that is why minors kan not vote either eh? They have the right too, but the magic of the calendar is holding them back.
    The Constitution never explicitly protects the right to vote, but simply says that it can not be denied to certain groups. Thanks for not reading the Constitution. Oh and btw, you just showed no understand of the difference between children and adults. The reason a child's rights are restricted BY NATURE, is that they lack the ability to reason in such a way to protect themselves.

    So you only want the force to be with you when it suits you, like protecting you from suits for bigotry?
    What force? We all have the right to protect and control the use of our person and property. That is not acting aggressively towards others.

  9. #409
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What rights are those again?
    When I discriminate against someone which right of theirs am I violating?



    If you don't already know, when the time comes, you'll learn.

  10. #410
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    You don't get to discriminate against classes of people.

    Learn to accept that and move on.
    Nonsense, not even the issue at heart here. Let's go with a concrete example - the Colorado baker. He didn't discrimnate against any class of people, I'm sure he's freely baked any number of items for folks who are homosexual. It was the event that he refused to participate in, provide for.

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •