Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #391
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,440

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    You don't get to discriminate against classes of people.

    Learn to accept that and move on.

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    You don't get to discriminate against classes of people.

    Learn to accept that and move on.
    No! People have the right to discriminate, and as I said earlier, it is a key element of human rights.

  3. #393
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Racist laws?
    No, I support there being no laws on the matter of who the business wants to serve, allow on their property, to associate with, to provide their labor, or of who they will hire and who they will fire.



    Your mind is living in the part of the USA that doesn't exist now and will exist even less in the future.

    You should visit reality sometime, just to see what it looks like.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 02-27-14 at 05:18 PM.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I tend to oppose abortion on principle. The politics are just hard to work out.

    It wasn't meant for you, CT, it was directed at Agentj...

    To Agentj -
    Yet you're pro choice and pro human rights.. oh and pro equal rights.. Isn't an unborn baby a human, what makes it less worthy of equal protection that you so vehemently crusade for?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #395
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,163

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It's called reality.
    You seem to be sorely out of touch with it.

    All business is open to only those the owner wants in.
    If it is a membership only club.

    Law can not change the underlining realities of a situation.
    But it does and for good reason.

    Want to prove it's BS?
    Yea come out from under that very heavy rock

    Really? So the 1st amendment and the 13th amendment don't exist?
    Of course they exist and that is a good thing, but their existence does not mean that you understand them.

  6. #396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You live in the part of the USA that doesn't exist now and will exist even less in the future.
    My rights can never be removed, so I live in the present, and will forever live in the present as long I stand by my rights.

  7. #397
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,163

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    My rights can never be removed
    Of course they can, just ask an inmate if (s)he voted in the last election.

    so I live in the present, and will forever live in the present as long I stand by my rights.
    No you live in an imagined world totally out of touch with reality, but that is your right to do so.

  8. #398
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,500

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Feelings? Really, feelings? Dude, people hurt other peoples feelings all the time. Are you honestly suggesting the government should act because peoples feelings are hurt? What the hell man? Are you going to get the government to make me share with you too because I hurt your feelings? ****ing feelings. What kind of argument is that?



    No, I'm suggesting that if there is no harm there can be no right violation, and if there is no right violation there is no justification for the government to act. Oh, and no, feeling is not a harm. Jesus..
    So out of all those examples none of it is harm? Really? If you brought your child to the hospital in a crisis situation and they denied service because they don't like you for whatever reason, no harm would come of it?

    I really tried to help you understand what it would be like to be on the receiving end of your ideology but apparently you can't empathize. The point of "feelings" was supposed to teach you the fact that it is unfair, it is unjust. You're in denial and avoiding the reality that your position is harmful, bad policy.

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    You seem to be sorely out of touch with it.
    That is of course impossible considering I'm talking about the nature of property.

    If it is a membership only club.
    No, all property works on the same principle, be that your body, your land, your house, your toothbrush, your business. All property is under the control of the owner and the owner gets to decide who uses it.

    But it does and for good reason.
    Sorry, laws can change behavior by force, but the nature of things will forever be unaffected by it.

    Yea come out from under that very heavy rock
    That doesn't defend your argument.

    Of course they exist and that is a good thing, but their existence does not mean that you understand them.
    Sorry, but the first amendment protects the right to association and the right to practice ones religion. and the thirteenth forbids all involuntary servitude. I understand them just fine, thank you.

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    So out of all those examples none of it is harm? Really? If you brought your child to the hospital in a crisis situation and they denied service because they don't like you for whatever reason, no harm would come of it?
    No. The individual that denied you service didn't cause you a greater harm, but simply refused to assist you in your problem.

    I really tried to help you understand what it would be like to be on the receiving end of your ideology but apparently you can't empathize. The point of "feelings" was supposed to teach you the fact that it is unfair, it is unjust. You're in denial and avoiding the reality that your position is harmful, bad policy.
    Arguments based on feelings have no effect on logic.

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •