Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #291
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, a straight couple should be able to go to a gay owned bakery and order a straight pride themed cake? It should be illegal to refuse them service?

    How about a white couple that orders a white pride themed cake from a black owned bakery?

    Or, a black photographer that is hired to work a KKK wedding? The law should force him to do it?
    we've been over this before your understanding of law and rights were destroyed then too
    tell us the part about how equal rights and laws does not protect all genders and races again? lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #292
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    It ceases to be thought once shared.
    Oh wow! So, once poltical thought is shared, it can be regulated by the government?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #293
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    we've been over this before your understanding of law and rights were destroyed then too
    tell us the part about how equal rights and laws does not protect all genders and races again? lol
    Is your answer to those question, "yes, they should be forced by law to serve those customers"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #294
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is your answer to those question, "yes, they should be forced by law to serve those customers"?
    since you want to join are YOU backing up the claim that equal rights does not protect all gender and races because that was one of the most funny and factually wrong satatements i read here

    but anyway if you are really another person severely uneducated about the law and rights, dont worry, ill guide you through and educate you on this topic


    lets start with what the rights are and law is.
    ILLEGAL discrimaintion is discrimination based on age, disability, origin, race/color, gender, religion or in some cases sexual orientation
    this applies to us ALL.

    now lets look at the scenarios that we all laugh at and the my 12yr old nice could figure out

    WHite couple wants white pride themed cake from a black owner"

    1.) white pride is NOT an age, disability, origin, race/color, gender, religion or in some cases sexual orientation
    2.) the race of the baker doesn't matter
    3.) so if the discrimination was based on the theme then theres ZERO discrimaintion because the theme does not apply to age, disability, origin, race/color, gender, religion or in some cases sexual orientation
    4.) if the owner would say im not making you a cake because you are white or its for white people or jews or men then he is GUILTY of illegal discrimaintion


    KKK wants photos taken by black guy
    1.) KKK is not an age, disability, origin, race/color, gender, religion or in some cases sexual orientation
    2.) the race of the photographer doesn't matter
    3.) so if the discrimination was based on the KKK then theres ZERO discrimaintion because the them does not apply to age, disability, origin, race/color, gender, religion or in some cases sexual orientation
    4.) if the owner would say im not making you a cake because you are white or its for white people or jews or men then he is GUILTY of illegal discrimaintion

    also i note to this one if the state, county or municipality was a recognized religion THEN there would be a problem


    all questions and scenarios can be answered very easily, what is the discrimination based on, if its based on age, disability, origin, race/color, gender, religion or in some cases sexual orientation its ILLEGAL
    if its not, then its NOT illegal

    very easy
    please use this in the future to answer your questions
    you're welcome
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #295
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh wow! So, once poltical thought is shared, it can be regulated by the government?
    Your question was simple. My answer was also simple. I don't wish to join you in chasing your tail.

  6. #296
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Well for one thing, you're reading posts at Debate politics, so jabbing your ear drums with a steak knife would do nothing to resolve the problem you appear to be suffering from. It would in fact, only create you another problem while still leaving you with the problem you were attempting to escape. That would be, as you called it, "the stupidest waste of time in the world". Second, it is amazing to me how people think that denying someone service is harming them. They came requesting service, and like anyone else that comes to you or me requesting our service, if we fail to provide it then we have not created a greater harm than the one they came to us with. All that we have done, and all that is possible to be done by that action, is that we have failed to assist them in their problem.
    You're making excuses and trying to rationalize it out as not being harmful. How would you feel if you lived in a town where nobody would offer you services? How would you feel if you were driving your car on a road trip and the only gas station for miles refused service to you? How would you like not being allowed to eat at the local restaurant because they don't like Henrin's? How would you like the local hospital to refuse service to you or your family in a crisis?

    This will inevitably bring up your second excuse, "the free market with fix it". No it won't, if it would, it would have in the 50's and 60's. Instead we had to have government intervene and say racial discrimination is not allowed.

    You can tout your fantasy world all you want where your ideology is perfect and righteous, but it is so blatantly obviously not.

  7. #297
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    And yet homosexuality went from a mental disease and a criminal act to something that is Holy in less than 30 years. It's amazing what persistent effort can do in getting a message out. OK, so you've outed yourself as a HATER but I'll be tolerant of you because that's just how I roll.

    We'll just have to let this experiment play out for 30 years and see how many more people come on board as Totalitarian Liberalism keeps advancing in its goal of oppressing more and more people.
    Wtf is this? I don't even...

  8. #298
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    This is what I have such a hard time understanding. It sounds to me like Arizona is trying to construct a US of the 1960's and before with gay people instead of blacks. That is exactly what this law would have caused. Can you imagine a gay person getting on the bus and being told if they wanted the service, they could sit on the back of the bus, or not being served in a resturant...Damn just damn, I cant beleive it went so far the govener had to veto it to stop it. Again, I am a Christian and dont understand how not treating others like crap interfers with my religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You're making excuses and trying to rationalize it out as not being harmful. How would you feel if you lived in a town where nobody would offer you services? How would you feel if you were driving your car on a road trip and the only gas station for miles refused service to you? How would you like not being allowed to eat at the local restaurant because they don't like Henrin's? How would you like the local hospital to refuse service to you or your family in a crisis?

    This will inevitably bring up your second excuse, "the free market with fix it". No it won't, if it would, it would have in the 50's and 60's. Instead we had to have government intervene and say racial discrimination is not allowed.

    You can tout your fantasy world all you want where your ideology is perfect and righteous, but it is so blatantly obviously not.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  9. #299
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    This is what I have such a hard time understanding. It sounds to me like Arizona is trying to construct a US of the 1960's and before with gay people instead of blacks. That is exactly what this law would have caused. Can you imagine a gay person getting on the bus and being told if they wanted the service, they could sit on the back of the bus, or not being served in a resturant...Damn just damn, I cant beleive it went so far the govener had to veto it to stop it. Again, I am a Christian and dont understand how not treating others like crap interfers with my religion.
    amen amen
    me too, me too

    makes me just shake my head
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #300
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, a straight couple should be able to go to a gay owned bakery and order a straight pride themed cake? It should be illegal to refuse them service?

    How about a white couple that orders a white pride themed cake from a black owned bakery?

    Or, a black photographer that is hired to work a KKK wedding? The law should force him to do it?
    Political or social affiliation is not a protected classification.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •