Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 679

Thread: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    Where did I say that I was scared of anarchy? Let me explain what "could" happen if such a bill as this one passed throughout this country... I do not, of course, condone violence of any kind, BUT if I went into your business and you refused to serve me, your business may very well not be standing for very long....Anarchy? No, because MY rights were violated by YOU.... so anything goes at that point...Anarchy? Perhaps......
    What rights did I violate by denying you use of my property and service?

  2. #232
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I can do nothing about scumbags that decide to join my cause. They do not represent me and I will challenge them if they take part in discriminatory practices if victory is gained. However, that does not mean they are not right; in that, they have the right to practice their faith and use their business as an outlet if they so desire. It is hardly a good business decision, but they have the right to be fools and assholes. I will fight for their foolishness for now, and if they practice it, I will join you in making sure they go out of business.



    It really does not. I do not disregard law, but challenge law in the hopes to change it.
    You basically said a contradictory statment.
    "This does not represent me and i do not like discrimination, but i will stand up for people who use this law to discriminate people" Seriously?


  3. #233
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I think you mean government mandated maternity/paternity leave. That issue is a matter between employer and employee. If they want such benefits they can ask for them, and if they won't give them what they want, they can unionize and try that avenue.
    exhibit A
    thank you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #234
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There couldn't be a more ludicrous statement made about libertarians than the one you just made.


    I disagree....Libertarians believe in freedom to discriminate... I noticed that "religious" convictions suddenly turned into "property" rights.. classic Rand Paul Libertarianism...

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You basically said a contradictory statment.
    "This does not represent me and i do not like discrimination, but i will stand up for people who use this law to discriminate people" Seriously?
    We have different reasons to support the argument. They are abusing the cause for selfish gain, but I can not deny that they are right in their argument that they have the right to practice their faith and use their business as an outlet if they so desire. That argument is not wrong, and it is something I fully endorse.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I disagree....Libertarians believe in freedom to discriminate... I noticed that "religious" convictions suddenly turned into "property" rights.. classic Rand Paul Libertarianism...
    Rand Paul isn't really a libertarian. I would probably vote for him though.

    If you believe in rights than you must believe in the right to discriminate. There is really no possible way you can not.

  7. #237
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Very well put. Don't get me wrong either my own country isn't perfect and a lot of other western countries are not either but America was the nation that helped bring stability to western Europe after WW2, they helped kick start industry again in the 20th century, they put a man on the moon and men like JFK, MLK etc helped bring equality not just to Americans but to many blacks worldwide. When I see these bills fought over in the US it makes me sad because America is a great country but it seems to me that it is so polarized nowadays and that they are no longer a country the rest of us can aspire to.
    of course i dindt take it as you were saying your country was perfect at all

    and what really sad is what you see is NOT the majority of Americans, most american think **** like this is bat **** insane and mentally retarded also
    we laugh at those idiots

    but unfortunately the squeakiest wheels get the coverage and they inspire the game of politics instead of real people sane people but it comes in cycles and its getting better
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #238
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    Yep, they believe in freedom for themselves, but not anyone else....
    that is wrong libertarian's believe in liberty for everyone, however being discriminated against is not a rights infringement, by the business owner.

    you have no exercisable rights on another person's property, only privileges the owner allows you.

    liberty means , freedom to be foolish, stupid, and wrong in your personal decision making.

  9. #239
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    We have different reasons to support the argument. They are abusing the cause for selfish gain, but I can not deny that they are right in their argument that they have the right to practice their faith and use their business as an outlet if they so desire. That argument is not wrong, and it is something I fully endorse.
    So now the argument to discriminate is right? So therefore is someones religion goes against practicing people with minorities you support it(or any "x, y or z cause")?


  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona anti-gay bill vetoed by governor

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that is wrong libertarian's believe in liberty for everyone, however being discriminated against is not a rights infringement, by the business owner.

    you have no exercisable rights on another person's property, only privileges the owner allows you.

    liberty means , freedom to be foolish, stupid, and wrong in your personal decision making.


    The bolded is something like I was searching for earlier. Very nice.

Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •