Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #71
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,434
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You might of noticed nothing is set in stone. This is just one Leftist judges opinion.
    It's going to happen. If there's a failure this time there will be another time. Sharia will not prevail in the USA.
    "How do I know what I think 'till I hear what I say?"
    -Donny 'Snowflake' Trumpkins-

  2. #72
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    He's just afraid of the mindless PC crowd screaming before the next election.
    Priebus is Walker's man, being from Wisconsin.
    At this point, Rep. Ryan is sick of both of them.
    I must admit I'm liking Ryan more and more, since he is intelligent.

    If Ryan does run, he'll be called a RINO, which I would advise him to call a compliment.
    After all, he learned from the Rino QB Jack Kemp .
    Physics is Phun

  3. #73
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) uhm TWO things
    A.) we were NOT talking about texas backpedaling now wont help this is what you said



    AGs plural
    States plural

    B.) did you read your own link? did you understand the part about unconstitutional?

    2.) her OPINION is meaningless until you can do this
    we need the state laws/constitution
    we need the states description of the duties of the AG
    and then we need the texas state's sworn oath of the AG

    many are worded the same and in fact say an AG can in fact choose not to defend a law the is unconstitutional

    3.) a school budget law? was there an argument saying that it was unconstitutional?

    what am i missing
    I misspoke saying the plural but, an interview I saw this morning with the WS AG where he said 'many' was on my mind. Pardon.

    As far as the rest it's pretty clear. Do you own homework.

    Here's the site.

    https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #74
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    It's going to happen. If there's a failure this time there will be another time. Sharia will not prevail in the USA.
    Sharia kills gay people. Are you accusing Texas of murder?

    (LOL... I used Liberal logic)
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #75
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    1.)I misspoke saying the plural but, an interview I saw this morning with the WS AG where he said 'many' was on my mind. Pardon.
    2.)As far as the rest it's pretty clear. Do you own homework.

    Here's the site.

    https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/
    1.) you mispoke TWICE and brought up holder and now are beginning up texas AG which has nothing to do with gay marriage? right if you say so
    2.) no its not theres nothing you have posted that supports your factually wrong blanket statement

    if you want your statement to be true YOU do your homework and prove it lol that not my job lol

    until then at best you are guessing and going off the other AGs your are likely wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #76
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, you need to go back and read that. The author openly admits there are constitutional problems with Atty Gens making decisions as to what they deem constitutional or not. That is the court's purview, NOT the Atty Gen's. Once and only after the court has ruled the law unconstitutional, it is. Until that time they are on the hook to defend the law.
    Let me quote:

    This is not a new phenomenon in American history. And, in many cases in which attorneys general have found themselves facing this dilemma, they have found a way to ensure that the court case does go on so that the legislature’s handiwork does get its “day in court.”


    The answer is the simple expedient of regarding the law as still binding on the legal officer, and therefore that officer will continue to enforce it even while notifying the courts that the law’s defense will not be continued by the attorney general.


    That is the choice that Attorney General Holder made regarding the Defense of Marriage Act after concluding that Congress had acted unconstitutionally in denying federal marital benefits to same-sex couples who already were legally married. The case could continue because Holder continued to enforce the DOMA law as it applied to an estate tax imposed on the surviving spouse of a same-sex marriage, Edith Windsor of New York.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    From your link:

    But the constitution is vague and provides a “tremendous amount of discretion," Rottinghaus added.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    As usual, going all zimmer on me with your kk's has zero to do with my post.
    When the going gets tough, TEAs make unconstituional laws to disenfranchise voters and discriminate against 'those' people .
    Heh, heh. Just found it hilarious someone with your views describing a former evil enemy as sensible now.

  9. #79
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    I don't agree with gay marriage but I will obey the law, will you?
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    sorry i dont have time to catch you up
    but in my first post you just quoted it conveniently has the info you need to answer those silly questions

    use my post and look at all the court cases regarding this, heres a link. also the most recent ones may not be there yet but htey all have links and names of the rullings. Reas them and see what all those judges said.
    You're welcome! i always like helping people find the info and facts they need

    this will help with the majority of them Same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  10. #80
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I don't agree with gay marriage but I will obey the law, will you?
    nobody can "disobey" this law i dont understand?
    how could one disobey it?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •