Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #471
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I guess I must repeat myself one more time.

    It isn't about equality [as you've been led to believe.] it's about tearing down those who would stand in their way. Mostly tradition and religion. Just like Liberals do to everyone who opposes them.

    We don't have a church but, it wouldn't matter if we did. It is between us and God. [unlike Catholics, we don't need an intermediary]

    In case you don't realize, you need the State license to be legally married and get all the lovely benefits therein.
    You clearly objected earlier that gays, because of their sin, damage the sanctity of marriage. That is what I am addressing. That's why I brought up OTHER sinners and their being able to marry. That may not be about 'equality' but it is about fairness and hypocrisy. I wanted to know if you had an explanation. You avoided it.


    As you introduce something else here, are you claiming that there is a 'gay agenda' to tear down Christians? Many of them ARE Christians! As are many of us that support SSM. They arent tearing down *MY* religion or traditions. They want to marry because that is what American couples in love DO. Do you have anything to support the existance or intent of some gay agenda?

    And the bold is one of the things I was getting at. You dismiss the state as EVIL. And apparently meaningless when it comes to YOUR marriage. It's only before God that your marriage matters TO YOU. However...you wanted the 'lovely benefits therein.' So you choose to take advantage of that evil state that recognizes marriage for sinners and atheists and other religions.

    Which(the benefits, etc) you feel should be denied gays? THAT is about *equality.* And because marriage means 'marriage' to them, that is what they want, not civil unions. (Separate but equal has been found unConstitutional)

    So you just proved that it is indeed about equality.
    Last edited by Lursa; 03-03-14 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #472
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Question for all you equality warriors here:

    If and when SSM is allowed in the entire US, what will be the next group of downtroddens to champion?
    It wouldn't shock me to see polygamy come up in discussion more often, but that has far lower popular support and also doesn't have the same legal argument going for it. (equal protection clause doesn't apply because number of people is not a protected classification)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #473
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I guess I must repeat myself one more time.

    It isn't about equality [as you've been led to believe.] it's about tearing down those who would stand in their way. Mostly tradition and religion. Just like Liberals do to everyone who opposes them.


    We don't have a church but, it wouldn't matter if we did. It is between us and God. [unlike Catholics, we don't need an intermediary]

    In case you don't realize, you need the State license to be legally married and get all the lovely benefits therein.
    Yes, you do need the State license to get the benefits. But you aren't forced to get married. You did choose that, and you can choose to end that at any time. That doesn't bother anybody. You're right, you don't need the intermediary.

    So what's the problem? Does two dudes signing that same legal contract somehow make the sanctity of your marriage diminished? Does it harm your relationship with God? Does it reduce any of those legal benefits? I honestly have a really hard time understanding why it bothers you so much that two dudes would sign the same legal contract. Whether or not God approves of their union is an entirely separate discussion, not at all relevant to the state benefits.

    Gay people are asking for the right to sign that contract. They are not asking for the right to your God's approval, or your approval. And they aren't harming your marriage. Please, help me understand your stance on the issue.
    Last edited by Deuce; 03-03-14 at 08:20 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #474
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You clearly objected earlier that gays, because of their sin, damage the sanctity of marriage. That is what I am addressing. That's why I brought up OTHER sinners and their being able to marry. That may not be about 'equality' but it is about fairness and hypocrisy. I wanted to know if you had an explanation. You avoided it.


    As you introduce something else here, are you claiming that there is a 'gay agenda' to tear down Christians? Many of them ARE Christians! As are many of us that support SSM. They arent tearing down *MY* religion or traditions. They want to marry because that is what American couples in love DO. Do you have anything to support the existance or intent of some gay agenda?

    And the bold is one of the things I was getting at. You dismiss the state as EVIL. And apparently meaningless when it comes to YOUR marriage. It's only before God that your marriage matters TO YOU. However...you wanted the 'lovely benefits therein.' So you choose to take advantage of that evil state that recognizes marriage for sinners and atheists and other religions.

    Which(the benefits, etc) you feel should be denied gays? THAT is about *equality.* And because marriage means 'marriage' to them, that is what they want, not civil unions. (Separate but equal has been found unConstitutional)

    So you just proved that it is indeed about equality.
    You know, I'm tired of this merry-go-round of questions. Let's just conclude this with I have my opinion that says not matter what the reason you give, I'm not going to support Gay marriage.

    You have whatever opinion you want.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #475
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It wouldn't shock me to see polygamy come up in discussion more often, but that has far lower popular support and also doesn't have the same legal argument going for it. (equal protection clause doesn't apply because number of people is not a protected classification)
    Pedophilia already has come up.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #476
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You know, I'm tired of this merry-go-round of questions. Let's just conclude this with I have my opinion that says not matter what the reason you give, I'm not going to support Gay marriage.

    You have whatever opinion you want.
    No, you keep moving the goal posts when you cannot answer. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and your beliefs. What I'd like to understand is why you think your personal beliefs should end up depriving others of something.

    And I've brought up comparable examples...perhaps you dont have explanations and choose not to admit to hypocrisy or just plain bigotry. I dont know but that's my perception when I dont see a reasonable explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #477
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, you do need the State license to get the benefits. But you aren't forced to get married. You did choose that, and you can choose to end that at any time. That doesn't bother anybody. You're right, you don't need the intermediary.

    So what's the problem? Does two dudes signing that same legal contract somehow make the sanctity of your marriage diminished? Does it harm your relationship with God? Does it reduce any of those legal benefits? I honestly have a really hard time understanding why it bothers you so much that two dudes would sign the same legal contract. Whether or not God approves of their union is an entirely separate discussion, not at all relevant to the state benefits.

    Gay people are asking for the right to sign that contract. They are not asking for the right to your God's approval, or your approval. And they aren't harming your marriage. Please, help me understand your stance on the issue.

    I won't support their sinful relationship so why would I support SSM?

    Like I said in my previous to Lursa. Y'all continue this conversation without me. Thanks for the good time.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #478
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Pedophilia already has come up.
    Pedophilia is harmful.

    No one has yet been able to show any harm to marriage by SSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #479
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, you keep moving the goal posts when you cannot answer. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and your beliefs. What I'd like to understand is why you think your personal beliefs should end up depriving others of something.

    And I've brought up comparable examples...perhaps you dont have explanations and choose not to admit to hypocrisy or just plain bigotry. I dont know but that's my perception when I dont see a reasonable explanation.
    NO what you don't understand is that I DO NOT support people or actions that I consider sinful. That's it.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #480
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    NO what you don't understand is that I DO NOT support people or actions that I consider sinful. That's it.
    OK. I understand that.

    But if you (general "YOU" as well as you personally) didnt object to fornicators and adulterers marrying...which are sinners of the same level according to the Bible....why is it necessary to refuse it to gays?

    That is a hypocritical stance IMO. You dont have to support it, but to deny them by law is hypocritical. You even said you chose marriage thru the state for the benefits and privileges it provides....seems mean and selfish to deny others that, not very Christian....unless you have good reason. Reason beyond 'I dont support sinners.' Cuz all the other sinners are getting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •