Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #461
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Answer: what ever group is being denied their rights as Americans. I cant think of any that are requesting anything that fits under the umbrella of unConstitutional, which courts are supporting for sexual orientation more and more. It wasnt right for women, it wasnt right for blacks, it's not right for gays.

    I never saw you answer these questions, after I pointed out that the state allows all kinds of sinners to marry:
    Because I didn't think comparing homosexuals to murderer (or other types of criminals) was a worthy argument.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #462
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    With this group, I sincerely doubt it will be Christians. Beside we've overcome much worse.
    But, we are oh so oppressed, we can't have what we want, then we want it!

  3. #463
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Question for all you equality warriors here:

    If and when SSM is allowed in the entire US, what will be the next group of downtroddens to champion?
    who don't we have reasons to tread on?

  4. #464
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Romans 1:18-32 NKJV - God

    If you followed along, you would notice I said these were scripture, not my words.
    that's good you would be dishonest if those were your words

  5. #465
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    With this group, I sincerely doubt it will be Christians. Beside we've overcome much worse.
    you did have to go up against those fanatical Christians for a chunk of your history hardly have any denomination on denomination violence or oppression any more

  6. #466
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Because I didn't think comparing homosexuals to murderer (or other types of criminals) was a worthy argument.
    But you kept claiming that gays shouldnt be allowed the sanctity of marriage because being gay is a sin in the Bible. So is murder, fornication, adultery. And all are supposed to be weighed the same.

    No one has stood up and objected...in more than 200 yrs...that those other sinners are entitled to the sanctity of marriage. Why gays?

    And if the state is so evil, and extraneous to that sanctity....why did you and your wife choose to marry with a formal state marriage license and not just something through your church, completely sanctified and legitimate in the eyes of the Lord?

    (2 different questions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #467
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,953

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Since some people have insinuated that accepting SSM would lead to other groups wanting equality, I thought it was a pertinent question.
    That is a slippery slope fallacy. IF those people have a legitimate case that they are being treated unequally, then it will have absolutely nothing to do with same sex couples currently being treated unequally. They would have different characteristics used in restrictions and different legal/state justifications for why those restrictions are in place and what (if any) state interests are furthered by those restrictions.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #468
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,953

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Answer: what ever group is being denied their rights as Americans. I cant think of any that are requesting anything that fits under the umbrella of unConstitutional, which courts are supporting for sexual orientation more and more. It wasnt right for women, it wasnt right for blacks, it's not right for gays.

    I never saw you answer these questions, after I pointed out that the state allows all kinds of sinners to marry:
    I personally think that first cousins (and any relations further out than that) have a legitimate case of being wrongfully restricted when it comes to being able to not marry. However, their argument does not change whether same sex restrictions are found to be unconstitutional or not. The arguments are completely separate on both sides.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #469
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    But you kept claiming that gays shouldnt be allowed the sanctity of marriage because being gay is a sin in the Bible. So is murder, fornication, adultery. And all are supposed to be weighed the same.

    No one has stood up and objected...in more than 200 yrs...that those other sinners are entitled to the sanctity of marriage. Why gays?

    And if the state is so evil, and extraneous to that sanctity....why did you and your wife choose to marry with a formal state marriage license and not just something through your church, completely sanctified and legitimate in the eyes of the Lord?

    (2 different questions)
    I guess I must repeat myself one more time.

    It isn't about equality [as you've been led to believe.] it's about tearing down those who would stand in their way. Mostly tradition and religion. Just like Liberals do to everyone who opposes them.


    We don't have a church but, it wouldn't matter if we did. It is between us and God. [unlike Catholics, we don't need an intermediary]

    In case you don't realize, you need the State license to be legally married and get all the lovely benefits therein.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #470
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I guess I must repeat myself one more time.

    It isn't about equality [as you've been led to believe.] it's about tearing down those who would stand in their way. Mostly tradition and religion. Just like Liberals do to everyone who opposes them.


    We don't have a church but, it wouldn't matter if we did. It is between us and God. [unlike Catholics, we don't need an intermediary]

    In case you don't realize, you need the State license to be legally married and get all the lovely benefits therein.
    nope equality that's what's its about you can keep on with your tradition and religion as much as you like the same as before you just cant bind people to it against their will to them ( though to be fair I guess that tradition is under threat )

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •