Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #391
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,865

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Up until a few years ago, marriage was always a man and a woman. [male and female]

    Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Again this isn't about equality so y'all can give up on trying to convince me it is.

    Up until a few yrs ago, polygamy was legal.

    Up until a few yrs ago, biracial marriages were illegal. What is your point?

    It certainly is about equality and your responses to my point about EVERYONE else being allowed to marry EXCEPT gays kind of highlights it further.

    Marriages change based on society. Those examples prove it. And it's not about 'sanctity,' as my list of everyone else allowed to marry proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #392
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,177

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you will sin more?

    I wont. SSM and homosexuality will not influence me to sin.
    It doesn't set a good example for our prodigy for us to except sin.

    I almost lost the relationship with my oldest daughter because she was indoctrinated into believing homosexuals were more important than her parents. I don't plan on my grandchildren reaching that point.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #393
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,177

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well the state already allows murderers, other felons, fornicators, adulterers, people who believe in other gods and people who believe in no gods to marry.

    So why cant the state allow SSM?
    Because like the state, SSM is inherently evil.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #394
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,865

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    It doesn't set a good example for our prodigy for us to except sin.

    I almost lost the relationship with my oldest daughter because she was indoctrinated into believing homosexuals were more important than her parents. I don't plan on my grandchildren reaching that point.
    Not everyone believes it's a sin so it is wrong for YOU to try and impose that view on an entire state....tyranny of the majority, again. Your religious beliefs do not trump someone elses.

    And I have never seen anyone attempting to say that any sexual orientation was more important than family. That is not an 'agenda.' If you had conflict within your family, it was a personal and individual thing...not any gay agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,865

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Because like the state, SSM is inherently evil.
    DIfferent conversation and completely irrelevant since the fact is, the state is what recognizes marriage...for all the 'evil' groups I listed. And some not-so-evil. Churches are not forced to recognize or conduct SSM.

    If the state is evil...why did you sanctify your marriage thru it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #396
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,177

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    DIfferent conversation and completely irrelevant since the fact is, the state is what recognizes marriage...for all the 'evil' groups I listed. And some not-so-evil. Churches are not forced to recognize or conduct SSM.

    If the state is evil...why did you sanctify your marriage thru it?
    My 'state' has done it's damnedest to NOT recognize SSM or polygamy. That is also the 'state' that gave us a marriage license which makes one legally married.

    My vows to my God and my Wife have nothing to do with that. There's the sanctity.

    .
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #397
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    .......by saying that's not a valid point. Give it up, you made up your mind and so have I just do what feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I reply to insignificant posts and opinions...it's easy

  8. #398
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    No, what that sounds like is YOUR personal problem. You hate the fact religion and it's followers exist at all.
    That is an utter fallacy.

    I believe religion is a deeply personal experience that many people experience in many different ways. I think religion and your belief in God is something that should guide YOU.

    So I respect religion and those of faith. I do not respect when they try to apply their beliefs to others.

    Example, if it is your belief that homosexuality is a sin and gay marriage is a sin as well, I am perfectly ok with you holding your belief. But your belief should not impact gay people who are just trying to live their lives. Huge distinction.

  9. #399
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Because as Christians are not suppose to ignore sin and allow it to fester.
    So, do not let your own sin to fester.

  10. #400
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,865

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    .......by saying that's not a valid point. Give it up, you made up your mind and so have I just do what feels good.
    LOL your posts are so random I have no idea what the original intent was. Nor do I care. You seem to be bent on defending it tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •