Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #371
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,829

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post

    Also IMO traditioanl marriage is a sacrament from God, not a right.
    Then why does our country allow atheists to marry? People from ALL other religions?

    How about felons in jail, fornicators, adulterers, etc? All are allowed to marry and indulge in that 'sacrament from God.'

    So it's obvious that marriage means different things to different people...yet they are allowed by law to use the term and have the privileges and benefits that go along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #372
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    I'm not going to draw pictures for you, it wouldn't help anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Unintelligible...which is par for the course for you....feel free to not bother. You obviously dont have anything to say.

  3. #373
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,159

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Nope, just a claim much as yours was. Founded in personal bias, not fact.
    Well that's leaves us at an impasse.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #374
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,829

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Well that's leaves us at an impasse.
    Yes...both are opinion-based only with regards as to the judicial decisions. I can see where they are based on the Constitution and civil rights. You do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #375
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,829

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I'm not going to draw pictures for you, it wouldn't help anyway.
    If you cannot post content directly related to the thread, save your fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #376
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,159

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Then why does our country allow atheists to marry? People from ALL other religions?

    How about felons in jail, fornicators, adulterers, etc? All are allowed to marry and indulge in that 'sacrament from God.'

    So it's obvious that marriage means different things to different people...yet they are allowed by law to use the term and have the privileges and benefits that go along with it.
    You know as well as I do that some church and clergy won't marry those who commit sins. But the state will.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #377
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I think you're wrong but, sooner or later there will be a final butting of heads to decide.
    And the government and our system says you are. In fact, the majority believes you are. Tradition changes and many times it changes for good reason. Morality is subjective, meaning that it changes with each person (every single person has morals, it is just some people's morals do not agree with yours). What is normal is relative. I am not normal, nor is at least one thing related to my marriage (very few couples are dual military, especially where one is active, the other reserve). There is plenty about me that isn't normal. No one is completely "normal". And we have freedom of religion which means my beliefs are just as valid as yours when it comes to the law and government.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #378
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,159

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes...both are opinion-based only with regards as to the judicial decisions. I can see where they are based on the Constitution and civil rights. You do not.
    I doubt the Founders foresaw or would approve of how some things have become.

    I'm not going to cheapen my marriage or my religion with the acceptance of sin. Sorry.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #379
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I doubt the Founders foresaw or would approve of how some things have become.

    I'm not going to cheapen my marriage or my religion with the acceptance of sin. Sorry.
    It doesn't matter what the founders foresaw about this particular issue because they did foresee that the country and its views would change and they in fact mentioned that was why the Constitution needed to be flexible. If they wanted to enshrine Christian beliefs as an important part of the Constitution they would have because they knew the views would change (several of the most important mentioned this).

    If your marriage is affected by other people that you feel are sinning being allowed to marry, then why is it not already at that point? Are you okay with people being allowed to marry after divorce? Are you okay with people being allowed to marry and swinging? Are you okay with divorce being legal for any reason? Because all these things have been considered sins yet are legal in relation to marriage in this country. Heck, others view interracial marriage, interfaith marriages, and even interclass marriages as sinful. Why should your beliefs about what is or isn't sinful in marriage be more important legally than anyone else's?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #380
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I doubt the Founders foresaw or would approve of how some things have become.

    I'm not going to cheapen my marriage or my religion with the acceptance of sin. Sorry.
    Marriage does not belong exclusively to the Christian faith, sorry bud, it's been around since the beginning of time and changed and evolved in the framework of many different cultures and religion and so will again in ours.

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •