Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #341
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Great...why dont you leave all that up to us then?
    Because as Christians are not suppose to ignore sin and allow it to fester.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #342
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,338
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    What would call that?
    Stopping the tyranny of the majority.

  3. #343
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    I'm not going to argue the merit of an argument once you go there I'm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Is that a reply to me? A non-reply actually.

    Most people that enter a discussion are actually capable of conducting a rational argument....perhaps you could try a blog of one-liners and see if anyone is interested.

    Or or or...you could just admit when you dont have an argument.

  4. #344
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Great...why dont you leave all that up to us then?
    As Christians we're suppose to love the souls of the lost and seek to win them to Christ.

    We must lead as an example to our children and grandchildren so they won't become lost souls.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #345
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,984

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    I'm not going to argue the merit of an argument once you go there I'm done.
    You cant...you didnt make an argument to my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #346
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    As Christians we're suppose to love the souls of the lost and seek to win them to Christ.

    We must lead as an example to our children and grandchildren so they won't become lost souls.
    That's all good and nice, but you still are not supposed to judge others, whether you think they are wrong in their reading/interpretation of the Bible or not. That is not your place to decide. It is only your place to point others in the way you think they should go, not to try to force them to go that way.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #347
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,984

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    As Christians we're suppose to love the souls of the lost and seek to win them to Christ.

    We must lead as an example to our children and grandchildren so they won't become lost souls.
    You are free to act as you wish. If you wish to act in an unAmerican manner, that's your choice (it is America afterall).

    I have no trouble being a Christian AND an American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #348
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Umm, Texans voted to ban SSM and now 'someone' is trying to over-rule that decision. That someone being a single individual.

    What would call that?
    They made that vote many years ago.

    And, Virginians and South Carolinians voted (in some way) to ban interracial marriages. How did that work out for them?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #349
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Stopping the tyranny of the majority.
    What gives the minority the right to over-rule the majority's decision? And again this is just one judge's opinion.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #350
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,984

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Because as Christians are not suppose to ignore sin and allow it to fester.
    You are not prohibited from speech. Are you not doing so here?

    As for 'allowing' well there are limits to how you can 'act' on others of course. Rights, infringement, all that pesky secular Constitutional stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •