Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #251
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will wait until you actually find out the definition of a fact, it is a fact that rulings were made but it is also those rulings were opinions. If those rulings were indeed fact then we wouldn't be having this argument here and SSM would be legal in 50 states. The lower courts understood that they didn't have that authority thus their opinions have to be validated. I would have thought someone of your superior intelligence would understand that. Being a legend comes with responsibility and you have yet to prove you even have a clue what a fact is
    LMAO wow a complete dodge and deflection after having your post destroyed and factually proved wrong, do you think anybody honest, respected and educated is buying your posts? nobody is . . .nobody
    i will ask you again

    you posted the lie REPEATEDLY that civil unions are equal to marriage and then your "proof" was that YOU claim texes has civil union equal to marriage

    so here are my VERY VERY simple questions

    does that civil union gets all 1200 federal rights and protections that marriage does?
    does every state recognize that civil union as marriage and give it all the rights and protections that come with marriage?

    who wants to bet these questions are dodged again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #252
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Very weak argument that has absolutely no merit.

  3. #253
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Do you know the impact of deviate sexual behavior on a society over an extended period of time? Can you prove it or do we just have to live it?
    what deviate sexual behavior are you talking about?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #254
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Very weak argument that has absolutely no merit.
    yes all your posts have been this so far and i agree with you, do you have any that do have factual merit?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #255
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO wow a complete dodge and deflection after having your post destroyed and factually proved wrong, do you think anybody honest, respected and educated is buying your posts? nobody is . . .nobody
    i will ask you again

    you posted the lie REPEATEDLY that civil unions are equal to marriage and then your "proof" was that YOU claim texes has civil union equal to marriage

    so here are my VERY VERY simple questions

    does that civil union gets all 1200 federal rights and protections that marriage does?
    does every state recognize that civil union as marriage and give it all the rights and protections that come with marriage?

    who wants to bet these questions are dodged again

    Not at all, TX has no authority to grant federal rights to people in civil unions. Civil unions have to be defined at the Federal level. I would have thought someone of your superior intelligence would understand the limitations of what a state can do. Seems to me a rather simple process vs. redefining marriage, get the Federal Govt. to grant people in civil unions the same financial benefits as married couples

  6. #256
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    what deviate sexual behavior are you talking about?
    69 is deviant sexual behavior.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #257
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    There not as long as its kept out of my church and were not forced to condone it. If it is forced in my church I'll just stay home worship. The institution as a whole will be fouled so yes it will mean less than it did. No matter the outcome I will obey the law.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not at all, TX has no authority to grant federal rights to people in civil unions. Civil unions have to be defined at the Federal level. I would have thought someone of your superior intelligence would understand the limitations of what a state can do. Seems to me a rather simple process vs. redefining marriage, get the Federal Govt. to grant people in civil unions the same financial benefits as married couples
    You dodged his second question.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #259
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,962

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The what is your problem and why waste your time here. The issue is solved in your opinion. I don't think you are going to like the outcome of the SC decision or the Constitutional Amendment that the American people will pass.

    I have a complete understanding of how the laws in this country work and you better stick with selling your position to the states and quit fighting this in court. You cannot have same sex "marriage" and still not have the definition of marriage defined.
    I will eventually like the outcome of this issue because I know that my side has won, it is only a matter of time. In all likelihood, given the sheer number of times now that lower courts have said that it is unconstitutional, and the support that same sex marriage now has (let alone how much it will have once a case reaches the SCOTUS), the SCOTUS very likely will rule that restrictions/bans on marriage based on sex/gender are unconstitutional.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #260
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    I sorry I left my crayons at work or I'd draw you a picture. You know we don't agree so why challenge me? You don't have a hope in hell of changing my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    what deviate sexual behavior are you talking about?

Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •