Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #241
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    If I did you'd only say it ain't so, why bother trying to explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Nope. I refuse to not fight against inequality or injustices.

    This is about everyone's rights and no one's rights are ever infringed upon just because same sex couples are allowed to marry legally. You cannot show how your rights are infringed upon by same sex marriages at all.

  2. #242
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, it is a fact that lower courts have made a ruling but it isn't a fact that SSM has been determined as the definition of marriage, that will be determined by the SC or a Constitutional Amendment, then you will have your fact
    2.)Thank you, yes some do and some don't, that is a fact
    3.)Thank you, yes, some do and some don't, that is indeed a fact
    4.)I said you provided opinions and that is all lower courts have done and that is all you have done, provided opinion. A fact is something that cannot be refuted, your argument for SSM can be refuted by those states that haven't changed the definition. Laws on the books are fact, rulings are opinions, The SC makes the ultimate ruling then it becomes a fact unless there is a Constitutional Amendment and that would be a fact as well
    5.)The state of TX has authorized civil unions that entitle those involved with the same rights as married couples and all the financial benefits as well. That is a fact
    1.) good grief who was even talking about this between us, oh i get it its just one of thos emeanignless opinion based rants you go on to try and deflect and feel right. well it didnt work
    2.) meaningless
    3.) meaningless
    5.) see #1. The facts and courts prove YOU wrong for your posted lie about civil unions lol you are making so much up and your posts are being destoryed so bad you cant even keep track of the discussion, you fail again
    5.) thank you for posting this because it further shows how severely uneducated you are on this topic and how factually wrong you are, tell me that cool line about not knowing what a fact is again because yours is about to get destoryed

    so that civil union gets all 1200 federal rights and protections that marriage does? nope
    does every state recognize that as marriage and give it all the rights and protections that come with marriage? nope

    once again, your post is destroyed and facts win, thanks for playing

    now you can stop posting the lie that civil unions are equal to marriage
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #243
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,065

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really don't understand Loving vs. Va thus are a waste of time. Educate yourself and get back to me. It had nothing to do with same sex and everything to do with race. You people have been brainwashed, all must be Obama supporters because if the Obama team says it, then it must be true. Equal protection has nothing to do with marriage because marriage is a state issue and not defined in the Constitution. Get back to me when you figure out what Loving vs. Va actually did and who the principles were
    And you clearly do not understand the EPC at all. It does not just cover race, but many other characteristics used to make restrictions within laws. I gave you other laws that were struck down related to state's marriage restrictions. You ignored them.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #244
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,065

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    If I did you'd only say it ain't so, why bother trying to explain.
    You can't explain at all because your rights are not being infringed upon. You do not have the right to have something you voted for not be overturned because it violates some part of the Constitution. You do not have the right to make restrictions on laws, even marriage, that cannot be justified as furthering a legitimate state interest when challenged.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #245
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,065

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Nice try! LOL!
    Legal fact. Dispute it, I dare you. It is just as equivalent as "a black man does not have the same rights as a white man because a white man can marry a white woman but a black man can't".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #246
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,065

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, it is a fact that lower courts have made a ruling but it isn't a fact that SSM has been determined as the definition of marriage, that will be determined by the SC or a Constitutional Amendment, then you will have your fact

    Thank you, yes some do and some don't, that is a fact

    Thank you, yes, some do and some don't, that is indeed a fact

    I said you provided opinions and that is all lower courts have done and that is all you have done, provided opinion. A fact is something that cannot be refuted, your argument for SSM can be refuted by those states that haven't changed the definition

    Laws on the books are fact, rulings are opinions, The SC makes the ultimate ruling then it becomes a fact unless there is a Constitutional Amendment and that would be a fact as well

    The state of TX has authorized civil unions that entitle those involved with the same rights as married couples and all the financial benefits as well. That is a fact
    Same sex marriage won't be the "definition of marriage". Same sex marriage will merely be allowed to legally occur alongside/with opposite sex marriages.

    You apparently have very little understanding of how our legal system works. Precedent is a major part of laws in our country.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,035

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakosview View Post
    Well you are having trouble reading, I'm sorry let me help you. It's a "law" will you obey it, key word being "law". I certainly don't know what motivates you and don't care but I doubt we have very much in common. Well I don't agree it's my right to have religious beliefs that are superceeded by a "feel-good" liberal agendas. That said I still am obligated to obey the "law". Break out your bong and relax.
    How are your religious beliefs being affected? Will you lose your faith? Will your marriage mean less? Is your ability to practice your religion being restricted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,308

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) good grief who was even talking about this between us, oh i get it its just one of thos emeanignless opinion based rants you go on to try and deflect and feel right. well it didnt work
    2.) meaningless
    3.) meaningless
    5.) see #1. The facts and courts prove YOU wrong for your posted lie about civil unions lol you are making so much up and your posts are being destoryed so bad you cant even keep track of the discussion, you fail again
    5.) thank you for posting this because it further shows how severely uneducated you are on this topic and how factually wrong you are, tell me that cool line about not knowing what a fact is again because yours is about to get destoryed

    so that civil union gets all 1200 federal rights and protections that marriage does? nope
    does every state recognize that as marriage and give it all the rights and protections that come with marriage? nope

    once again, your post is destroyed and facts win, thanks for playing

    now you can stop posting the lie that civil unions are equal to marriage
    I will wait until you actually find out the definition of a fact, it is a fact that rulings were made but it is also those rulings were opinions. If those rulings were indeed fact then we wouldn't be having this argument here and SSM would be legal in 50 states. The lower courts understood that they didn't have that authority thus their opinions have to be validated. I would have thought someone of your superior intelligence would understand that. Being a legend comes with responsibility and you have yet to prove you even have a clue what a fact is

  9. #249
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,308

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Same sex marriage won't be the "definition of marriage". Same sex marriage will merely be allowed to legally occur alongside/with opposite sex marriages.

    You apparently have very little understanding of how our legal system works. Precedent is a major part of laws in our country.
    The what is your problem and why waste your time here. The issue is solved in your opinion. I don't think you are going to like the outcome of the SC decision or the Constitutional Amendment that the American people will pass.

    I have a complete understanding of how the laws in this country work and you better stick with selling your position to the states and quit fighting this in court. You cannot have same sex "marriage" and still not have the definition of marriage defined.

  10. #250
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    03-20-14 @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    575

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Do you know the impact of deviate sexual behavior on a society over an extended period of time? Can you prove it or do we just have to live it?
    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You can't explain at all because your rights are not being infringed upon. You do not have the right to have something you voted for not be overturned because it violates some part of the Constitution. You do not have the right to make restrictions on laws, even marriage, that cannot be justified as furthering a legitimate state interest when challenged.

Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •