Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 515

Thread: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

  1. #221
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Deuce;1062978003]And what you are failing to understand is that gender is also a protected classification.
    Protected to do what, whatever you want? No, gender isn't a license to violate state law and Marriage is common law controlled by the states having nothing to do with gender

    Also, you mention economic issues and completely ignore DEAD TROOPS OVERSEAS. What's with your priorities, worrying about economic statistics instead of dead soldiers!? Oh wait. Is it that you think both of those things are important? That someone can actually believe two things are important? Wait. Children are dying of starvation in Africa. Literally dying children. Do you think that's worthwhile too? How about the environment? Major chemical spills, can we worry about those too?
    I could have given you a list as long as this thread and nothing on that list would have anything to do with SSM. There are so much more worthy issues than SSM but in this forum SSM gets the most posts and that is a shame. People's priorities are screwed up. Why is having the title of married so important to you and others SSM proponents

    The deflection to economic issues is the most blatant cop out I've ever seen. Don't even try to bring that weak **** up in here, son. It's a thread about same-sex marriage that you found important enough to make MANY posts in, don't try and act like you don't think this is an important issue too. If that were true, you wouldn't be here.
    It is priorities, son, and your focus on social issues says it all while ignoring that handling the economic issues will handle most social issues. It is important to a very small minority and one that in the total scope of things really is irrelevant. You want to define marriage the way you want then sell your state and stop having the courts try to do it for you

  2. #222
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Again you don't understand how the Rights work... the Constitution limits the GOVERNMENT not citizens, there is NOTHING in the Constitution that says any Right not listed in the Constitution first belongs to the States and only what they don't want is given to the People...

    No, Sir, States are trying to ban SSM, 'defend' hetro marriage, and deny basic rights based on sexual orientation. If the States were allowing Same Sex MARRIAGE the courts would not be involved!!!!

    What 'finish the job'???? The JOB is declaring bans Unconstitutional. The bans being taken to the Supreme Court are in violation of the 14th amendment, sec 1.

    FYI, I don't want the courts to finish the job for ME, I married a woman,thankuverimuch.

    You keep saying the Supreme Court hasn't ruled on the definition of marriage but produce no proof they were ever offered the opportunity and refused to do so.

    But bet your bottom dollar THIS is how our system works, a law is passed and until someone takes the matter to court, it is the law of the land. If someone objects the law comes under judicial review. The Courts don't act proactively review laws a plaintiff must bring it to the attention of the court.

    Soon the High Court will do it's job, not finish the job.
    No apparently they didn't teach you history in your school. If it isn't in the Constitution it becomes a state issue if the states enact the laws which they have. You talk about limited govt but now want the Federal Govt. to overturn state law all because it is important to you.

    States defined marriage as a union between a man and a woman. You want that changed then let the people of the state decide. You live in Oklahoma, that isn't going to happen so you trump up some bogus argument about equal protection for something that isn't in the Constitution.

    If you married a woman then why is this such an issue for you? The high court had its chances over and over again so you better stick with the states

  3. #223
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO are you still trying to sell this failed strawman, every time you do posters destroy it and laugh at it

    rape isn in the constitution either, guess states can make it legal

    There are laws against rape and that is what states and local communities do, make laws. Only in the liberal world do you only enforce or support the laws you believe in. "Your" AG told State Attorney Generals not to enforce laws they didn't agree with. Is that the country you want to live in and the one that was created?

  4. #224
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    factually false this has been proven many times already but repeating this lie shows how severely

    civil unions and domestic partnerships are factually not equal to marriage this fact will never change

    there are about 1200 federal rights and protections alone and then the state ones many that cant be duplicated by one contract or multiple contracts



    facts win again
    Facts? you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the ass. A Civil union can be defined as whatever you want, your problem is you want to ignore that reality and not go through the work of defining a civil union. Instead you want to overturn centuries of precedence and common law.

  5. #225
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are laws against rape and that is what states and local communities do, make laws. Only in the liberal world do you only enforce or support the laws you believe in. "Your" AG told State Attorney Generals not to enforce laws they didn't agree with. Is that the country you want to live in and the one that was created?
    LOL so states can allow rape? thank you for this post because it just helps prove us all right, thank you so much

    i cant wait to tell people that states can allow rape whenever they want
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #226
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)Facts? you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you in the ass.
    2.)A Civil union can be defined as whatever you want
    3.), your problem is you want to ignore that reality and not go through the work of defining a civil union.
    4.)Instead you want to overturn centuries of precedence and common law.
    1.)Yes! give us that anger its awesome
    2.) 100% false.
    facts disagree with you and prove you 100% wrong so do court cases, Facts win again
    3.) see #2
    4.) actually this is exactly what makes it a fact that Civil unions are not equal to marriage.

    I love it please keep doubling down on this none sense its awesome

    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #227
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LOL so states can allow rape? thank you for this post because it just helps prove us all right, thank you so much

    i cant wait to tell people that states can allow rape whenever they want
    That isn't even worth a response

  8. #228
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)Yes! give us that anger its awesome
    2.) 100% false.
    facts disagree with you and prove you 100% wrong so do court cases, Facts win again
    3.) see #2
    4.) actually this is exactly what makes it a fact that Civil unions are not equal to marriage.

    I love it please keep doubling down on this none sense its awesome

    facts win again
    There are no facts that you offer, just opinions, the SC will provide the facts if they rule on the definition of marriage. The only fact that is legitimate is that states have laws on the books defining marriage. Some allow SSM whereas others don't. You are easily confused as to what is an opinion and what is a fact. Civil Unions can be whatever the people want and the state and Federal Govt. agree to. there is no reason that a civil union cannot have the same benefits as being married.

  9. #229
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    1.)There are no facts that you offer, just opinions, the SC will provide the facts if they rule on the definition of marriage.
    2.)The only fact that is legitimate is that states have laws on the books defining marriage.
    3.)Some allow SSM whereas others don't.
    4.)You are easily confused as to what is an opinion and what is a fact.
    5.)Civil Unions can be whatever the people want and the state and Federal Govt. agree to. there is no reason that a civil union cannot have the same benefits as being married.
    1.)except for the court cases and facts that prove you wrong. Civil union s are factually not equal to marriage, keep saying otherwise and each post will be wrong
    2.) yes some do, meaningless lol
    3.) see #2
    4.) you keep saying this but havent provided any examples, therefor its a failure
    5.) once again facts, LAWS and court cases prove you wrong. Civil unions are factually not equal to a marriage, once again your opinion cant change this fact but i love that you keep posting they are, it exposes your posts for the factual failure they are.

    defend your factually false claim

    tell us how a civil union grants the rights of marriage
    tell us how a civil union grants the almost 1200 rights and protections marriage does, tell us how it grants the states rights and protections also, I cant wait to read this!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #230
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Texas Gay Marriage Ban Latest to Be Struck Down[W:97]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That isn't even worth a response
    i agree because the outcome will be the same, your statement being proved wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •