Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    Labor unions upset with Obama's plan for 1 percent federal worker pay hike | Fox News

    While Hagel, an Obama appointee, is proposing to end pay raises and cut benefits for military personnel, Obama is promising a 1% raise to other Federal Employees. Their Union wants a 3.3% raise.

    Wonder which group regularly votes in the majority for the DNC?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    Mostly affirmative action as well!

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    What a system! Both groups are on the same side of the negotiating table.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    This is why federal and public unions as a whole should be banned. this is just another classic conflict of interest. if anything there should be a 3rd party negotiator as demanded by other people wanting to organize.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    This is why federal and public unions as a whole should be banned. this is just another classic conflict of interest. if anything there should be a 3rd party negotiator as demanded by other people wanting to organize.

    I've stated this a million times, and now one million and one. Just like we citizens have a civic duty to be on juries, we should randomly elect 12 jurors to select the following:

    1. All government contracts that must be bid on by at least 5 vendors, and the selection committee does the selecting.
    2. Any contract negotiations for anything related to the government and employees.


    Feel free to add your own, but you get the picture. I would also add that when a vendor does win a bid, they have to complete the job on the agreed amount. if they cannot, then they stop the job are paid a pro-rated amount minus the amount the government needs to pay another vendor to finish it. That previous vendor is then black-listed and cannot bid on any new opportunities until a minimum of 5 years have passed.

    Common sense doesn't work in government, but I have pitched this idea to many people of all stripes and they all agree with me.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I've stated this a million times, and now one million and one. Just like we citizens have a civic duty to be on juries, we should randomly elect 12 jurors to select the following:

    1. All government contracts that must be bid on by at least 5 vendors, and the selection committee does the selecting.
    2. Any contract negotiations for anything related to the government and employees.


    Feel free to add your own, but you get the picture. I would also add that when a vendor does win a bid, they have to complete the job on the agreed amount. if they cannot, then they stop the job are paid a pro-rated amount minus the amount the government needs to pay another vendor to finish it. That previous vendor is then black-listed and cannot bid on any new opportunities until a minimum of 5 years have passed.

    Common sense doesn't work in government, but I have pitched this idea to many people of all stripes and they all agree with me.

    Tim-
    I think random people off the streets are stupendously unqualified to pick a contract to design a space ship.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    A whopping 1% huh. Where's the nearest Lexus dealership?

  8. #8
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    A whopping 1% huh. Where's the nearest Lexus dealership?
    So you can apply for a second job, right?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you can apply for a second job, right?
    I don't get the joke.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Union upset with Obama 1% pay hike to Federal workers.

    As a federal employee I'm perfectly content with a 1% hike. Hell, I think that's ore than I've gotten for the past few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •