Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 252

Thread: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    only if the subject clearly define the differences between communism and socialism
    There's no difference between socialism and communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    See, when socialism is put into practice it stains the "beautiful" theory.
    National socialism does not represent the entire theory of socialism.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #83
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's no difference between socialism and communism.
    yeah there are.

    Communism vs Socialism - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  4. #84
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    National socialism does not represent the entire theory of socialism.
    I didn't say it did. There are all sorts of queer derivations of socialist theory but they all build, including National Socialism, from a common foundation. NS introduced race as a dividing principle but on other aspects it toed the line.

  5. #85
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Yeah, just like there's a difference between facism and communism, it's the difference between Coors and Budweiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #86
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Let's not breeze past this point, OK?

    Unitedwestand13
    wrote: If the only sources of information about socialism you provide for students are negative portrayals, the knowledge the student will be inherently biased.

    RiverDad responded: Let me try that out. "If the only sources of information about National Socialism you provide for students are negative portrayals, the knowledge the student will be inherently biased."

    Why aren't you advocated treating the teaching of National Socialism in the same manner as you advocate the teaching of other forms of socialism? Relatedly, why shouldn't all teachings about socialism follow the way that we teach National Socialism in our schools?

  7. #87
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, just like there's a difference between facism and communism, it's the difference between Coors and Budweiser.
    Sadly it is not that simple.

    There are differences between fascism, socialism, and Communism.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #88
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,913

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Let's not breeze past this point, OK?

    Unitedwestand13
    wrote: If the only sources of information about socialism you provide for students are negative portrayals, the knowledge the student will be inherently biased.

    RiverDad responded: Let me try that out. "If the only sources of information about National Socialism you provide for students are negative portrayals, the knowledge the student will be inherently biased."

    Why aren't you advocated treating the teaching of National Socialism in the same manner as you advocate the teaching of other forms of socialism? Relatedly, why shouldn't all teachings about socialism follow the way that we teach National Socialism in our schools?
    Aaaaaaaaand NAZI! Post No. 86, what do I win?

    Socialism is a system of economics. National Socialism (i.e. Nazism, which is not particularly socialist, BTW) is not.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #89
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, just like there's a difference between facism and communism, it's the difference between Coors and Budweiser.
    Coors and Budweiser are different. But they are both ****ty beers. Facism and Communism are different, but they are both ****ty systems.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #90
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,913

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Coors and Budweiser are different. But they are both ****ty beers. Facism and Communism are different, but they are both ****ty systems.
    Budweiser gives me a raging headache. Rice beers do that to me.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •