Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 252

Thread: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

  1. #201
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I know the government has a very liberal definition of terrorism, it's so they can evoke more of their power more often to keep people under thumb.
    Looks narrowly defined to me, and if it falls outside of said definition, any 2 bit lawyer ought to be able to convince a judge otherwise.

    So instead of relying on simplistic, stupid argument, show how this case falls outside of the definition.


    That has nothing to do with the point. Terrorism is an act that inherently seeks to use terror and fear to elicit political change.
    Um, this is a circular argument .....AND.....that is exactly what the intent of these 3 was.....they admitted as much.


    Revolution is not that, revolution is revolt.
    Again with the circular logic....and a non-sequitur to boot!

    Revolution, BTW, is a proper and reserved right of The People.
    Sure....these Georgian militia members....have a right to acquire bombs....and destroy govt property.

    Terrorist acts are a right!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument is hopeless, it cannot differentiate between person and argument.
    What argument is that? My pointing out you have no argument?

  3. #203
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Yet you offer nothing to contradict his assumption or expose his ignorance. That means he hit the nail on the head and rather than admit that, you resort to insults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm not required to disprove his non-sequiturs, further the militia members in question (which Grant can't even acknowledge as BEING militia members) are definitely NOT "peaceful".

    All you guys have is stupid argument using debasement of language as your main tactic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    More insults. Very convincing
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Insulting stupid argument by posters is perfectly fine.

    Bone up on creating argument that is not stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Arrogance and name calling is no substitute for argument. Bone up on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument is hopeless, it cannot differentiate between person and argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    What argument is that? My pointing out you have no argument?
    Your argument cannot keep track of anything....nor can it yet differentiate between personal insult and criticism of argument made.

    But keep digging that hole of senseless off topic, stupid argument.....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument cannot keep track of anything....nor can it yet differentiate between personal insult and criticism of argument made.

    But keep digging that hole of senseless off topic, stupid argument.....
    Forum rules and lack of courage prevent you from calling another poster stupid so you refer to the persons argument as stupid then pretend to make a distinction between person and argument. The fact is, you haven't made an argument of your own and all I have done is point that out. Now, feel free to go back to my very first post and 'contradict the assumption and expose the ignorance' you claimed another poster showed. Or, if you like, you can keep deflecting and calling names. I know which route you will take but do try and surprise me just this once.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Forum rules and lack of courage prevent you from calling another poster stupid so you refer to the persons argument as stupid then pretend to make a distinction between person and argument. The fact is, you haven't made an argument of your own and all I have done is point that out. Now, feel free to go back to my very first post and 'contradict the assumption and expose the ignorance' you claimed another poster showed. Or, if you like, you can keep deflecting and calling names. I know which route you will take but do try and surprise me just this once.
    More moronic argument, I have already "made my own argument", your argument STILL cannot comprehend that I am under no obligation to counter non-sequiturs created by Grant....and his argument on the point you are focused on is self contradictory since the militia members in question by their own admission were not "peaceful"

    Your arguments go nowhere, as does Grant's.

    Come back when you don't have stupid argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Looks narrowly defined to me, and if it falls outside of said definition, any 2 bit lawyer ought to be able to convince a judge otherwise.

    So instead of relying on simplistic, stupid argument, show how this case falls outside of the definition.


    Um, this is a circular argument .....AND.....that is exactly what the intent of these 3 was.....they admitted as much.


    Again with the circular logic....and a non-sequitur to boot!

    Sure....these Georgian militia members....have a right to acquire bombs....and destroy govt property.

    Terrorist acts are a right!
    There's no circular logic, you just made the claim because there is nothing you can do to actually argue against it. Revolt against government should government trespass too grievously against our rights and liberties is a reserved and proper right of the People. It speaks to the very fundamental of government and sovereignty.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #207
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    More moronic argument, I have already "made my own argument", your argument STILL cannot comprehend that I am under no obligation to counter non-sequiturs created by Grant....and his argument on the point you are focused on is self contradictory since the militia members in question by their own admission were not "peaceful"

    Your arguments go nowhere, as does Grant's.

    Come back when you don't have stupid argument.
    For the tenth time, I haven't made an argument here. I asked you to defend a comment of your own and you have spent the last ten posts spewing nonsense and namecalling. It proves what I said in the very beginning. He hit the mark and you have no counter to it. Thanks for playing

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Yes, really. Would you like to point out where the claim was made that "anything shocking in the news must surely be coming from the right"?
    You are asking the man to quote himself?

    Maybe you didn't quite get the point.

    These militias are being called 'right wing', by at least two posters, and the question has been raised as to why 'right wing'? Why? Do you know or are you just knee jerking?

    The purpose of calling any person or group 'right wing' is to propagandize people, and it obviously works. Thus anything bad is called 'right wing', or 'extreme right wing' (they really are interchangeable) while left wing carries little such negative baggage, despite its horrific history.

    To the propagandized left there is no 'middle', nor is there any 'extreme left wing'. There are just the left, which is good and the right, which is bad.

    This is a glimpse into the world Orwell warned us of.

  9. #209
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,761

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    If that is how you really feel about. Have fun. At least Texas has the death penalty and enforces it, so you won't have to languish in prison forever.
    Not really going to do that, of course. Just making fun of you because you support murdering those you disagree with. Of course, this snark went over your head too.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #210
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You are asking the man to quote himself?

    Maybe you didn't quite get the point.

    These militias are being called 'right wing', by at least two posters, and the question has been raised as to why 'right wing'? Why? Do you know or are you just knee jerking?

    The purpose of calling any person or group 'right wing' is to propagandize people, and it obviously works. Thus anything bad is called 'right wing', or 'extreme right wing' (they really are interchangeable) while left wing carries little such negative baggage, despite its horrific history.

    To the propagandized left there is no 'middle', nor is there any 'extreme left wing'. There are just the left, which is good and the right, which is bad.

    This is a glimpse into the world Orwell warned us of.
    As usual, "independents" and "libertarians" exhibit a lot of "I was sick that day".

    I'm still not expecting them to catch up.......



    The militia movement is a right-wing movement that arose following controversial standoffs in the 1990s. It inherited paramilitary traditions of earlier groups, especially the conspiratorial, antigovernment Posse Comitatus. The militia movement claims that militia groups are sanctioned by law but uncontrolled by government; in fact, they are designed to oppose a tyrannical government. Adherents believe that behind the "tyranny" is a left-wing, globalist conspiracy known as the New World Order. The movement's ideology has led some adherents to commit criminal acts, including stockpiling illegal weapons and explosives and plotting to destroy buildings or assassinate public officials, as well as lesser confrontations.


    The Mythic Meanings of the Second Amendment: Taming Political Violence in a ... - David C. Williams - Google Books





    The militia movement has evolved during the past three decades, redefining its purposes, ideology, and appeal to future members. Consistent themes include a distrust of the federal government and a belief that citizens will be disarmed by the government. The attraction of the militia movement to prospective members has varied as militias adapt their ideology to address emerging issues.

    Militias are part of the informal patriot movement that, according to Matthew Zook, emerged from the challenges (created by the civil rights and feminist movements of the 1960s and 1970s) to the “dominant social and economic systems for regulating race and gender relations.” 35 Chip Berlet in Militia Nation expands this view of militias when he suggests that militias are a social byproduct of “economic hardship and the partial erosion of traditional structures of white male heterosexual privilege.” He mentions two stresses associated with the “right-wing populist revolt” for which militia members are concerned: first is the stress of the genuine economic suffering that resulted from global restructuring; the second type of stress stemmed from outrage regarding the societal gains achieved by oppressed groups in the United States. 36

    According to a study of threats and reactive mobilizations by Van Dyke and Soule, the increase in the organization of patriot and militia groups is related to economic downturns. These economic hard times resulted in the loss of agricultural and manufacturing jobs. 37

    The loss of land and the heritage of many farmers and ranchers resulted in what rural counselor Glen Wallace referred to in his congressional committee testimony as “community depression.” The symptoms of the community depression observed by Wallace are similar to an individual with chronic long-term depression. 38 One of the escape mechanisms for the chronic stress experienced by farmers exhibiting manifestations of depression or psychosis is an outward projection of anger. These individuals want to make those whom they hold responsible feel the pain of the farmers. In the rural crisis of the 1980s, these outward expressions of anger resulted in the murders of bankers and federal lending agents. 39 Wallace acknowledged the violent reaction to the economic crisis in rural America when he stated: “You can’t treat human beings in a society the way rural people have been treated without them organizing and fighting back.” Involvement in antigovernment right-wing groups became another means for rural Americans to outwardly fight back. 40

    Societal gains by historically oppressed groups, the second area of stress mentioned by Beret, result in the displeasure expressed by many in the patriot movement with regard to unjust advantages extended to minorities and women, specifically nonwhites. Affirmative action programs have become a contentious subject of discourse. Conspiracy theories fueled the anger generated by the societal and economic issues. One tenet of conspiracy theories, mentioned by Beret, is the description of two types of people: parasites and producers. Parasites are viewed by the conspiracy theorist as being at the top and bottom levels of society. The top level contains the corrupt governmental officials and wealthy manipulators of the banks and currency. At the bottom are the aimless, “slacker” parasites who sponge off the hard-working middle class by accepting public assistance. In the middle are the producers, a reflection of the person who typically embraces conspiracy theories. A belief that those at the bottom are mostly blacks and Hispanics injects a racial element into these theories, though in reality welfare and other government relief programs are mostly utilized by whites. 41



    https://www.hsaj.org/?fullarticle=2.2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •