Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 252

Thread: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

  1. #161
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And I gave you Peace....Now show the other two...They could just be dupes...You ought to know about that....
    Yes, when your argument crumbles, baiting is a good refuge.

    I know you will squeal at the the thought that the other two are in fact associates of T.E. Peace.....but then again I did actually read and comprehend the OP.



    Oh, so because you think so, that means you don't need proof I guess....
    FFS...I don't know how you missed this part:

    "I have not made a complete determination as of yet, I'm still trying to find definitive proof BEYOND the single article"


    I specifically said that I didn't know whether they were, or not..
    The fact is that you questioned the supposition that they are RW....your whole argument with me is about determining whether they are RW.

    Your argument can't change mid stream, can it?



    .Why are you know lying about me?
    I think it is funny that as a con, you took offense to the proposition that these domestic terrorists are RWers....and yet now in the face of the fact that they are militia members, you have lowered your argument to complaints about me "lying" about YOUR position in this thread.

    Too frigging funny!

    What will be the next tangent to distract from your failing argument?


    And to boot speculating about what I am interested in, instead using your own assumptions....So typical.
    Um, your technique here is to have me show you proof, not you bringing forth fact.

    You decided how you would argue....not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Yep - have they ever labeled themselves a a "militia"? Pray tell me, how many members are to be found in the NBP? A group which the original Black Panther members have rejected as being nothing more than publicity hungry moochers.
    Speaking of numbers there are three members of this alleged 'militia', certainly less than were ever in the BPP.

    They don't really fit into the definition of militia either. mi·li·ti - məˈliSHə/
    noun
    1.a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes it is.
    Murder is the unjustifiable killing of another human being. War is the use of controlled violence to achieve an objective. Therefore, during war, even revolution, the use of force, i.e., killing human beings is justified and therefore, by definition not murder. Unless of course the killing had nothing to do with achieving objectives, in which case, yes it is murder.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Speaking of numbers there are three members of this alleged 'militia', certainly less than were ever in the BPP.

    They don't really fit into the definition of militia either. mi·li·ti - məˈliSHə/
    noun
    1.a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency.
    Um, the three white Georgian militia members have defined themselves and the groups they associate with.

    If you are new to the concept of RW militia groups, particularly those in the South, there are lots of resources available to bring you up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #165
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Can a society be a supporter of both liberty and equality? Is equality inherently immoral?
    No, and yes. There are an infinite number of differences between any two people, let alone millions or billions of people. In order to "support equality", you must put people into boxes that, A- They don't belong in and, B- They don't want to be in.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, the three white Georgian militia members have defined themselves and the groups they associate with.
    They have defined themselves? And you believe and allow them that leeway?

    If you are new to the concept of RW militia groups, particularly those in the South, there are lots of resources available to bring you up to date.
    Do they follow the definition of 'militia' or is this the what they prefer to call themselves, making themselves sounding more adventuresome and powerful than 'Hillbillies Seeking Bombs'. If there are these militia groups, as you say, why haven't they been arrested? Or are they just harmless yahoos?

  7. #167
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They have defined themselves? And you believe and allow them that leeway?
    Um, since the CONTEXT is whether they are militia members (which they already have admitted to) as understood today as being part of the anti-govt paramilitary "militia movement" in the US....then YES.

    And it doesn't even matter if they define themselves, we have already defined what the militia movement since the 90's is.

    Again, take advantage of online resources.



    Do they follow the definition of 'militia' or is this the what they prefer to call themselves, making themselves sounding more adventuresome and powerful than 'Hillbillies Seeking Bombs'. If there are these militia groups, as you say, why haven't they been arrested? Or are they just harmless yahoos?
    Um...these members were arrested.

    Hello...is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #168
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Can one person make a difference to the path that a society takes? Those people that Brevik murdered were all deeply committed socialists intent on furthering the destruction of his society. The reports indicated that there were quite a number of talented youths at that camp.

    If people really are cogs and all of us are easily replaceable, then Brevik's crime would have no impact beyond the personal tragedies he inflicted. However, if individuals of talent cannot be easily replaced, then Brevik very likely altered the path that Norway is now following and will follow in the future, for those youth leaders won't be around to lead and their substitutes won't be as effective or as charismatic or as influential.

    Brevik thought he was at war. Was his crime an effective strike at his enemy or wasn't it?
    'Ya know. I don't like bankers. I think I'll go out and kill some of them. I don't like the Koch brothers. I think I'll kill them too. Come to think of it, I don't like panhandlers. I think I'll kill 'em all. I kill 'em all in the name of freedom. Praise Jesus.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    'Ya know. I don't like bankers. I think I'll go out and kill some of them. I don't like the Koch brothers. I think I'll kill them too. Come to think of it, I don't like panhandlers. I think I'll kill 'em all. I kill 'em all in the name of freedom. Praise Jesus.
    If that is how you really feel about. Have fun. At least Texas has the death penalty and enforces it, so you won't have to languish in prison forever.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, since the CONTEXT is whether they are militia members (which they already have admitted to) as understood today as being part of the anti-govt paramilitary "militia movement" in the US....then YES.

    And it doesn't even matter if they define themselves, we have already defined what the militia movement since the 90's is.
    Who is we? It seems to me that calling them 'militia groups' adds a lot of unwarranted credibility to these yahoos and makes them sound more dangerous than they are.

    Again, take advantage of online resources.


    Um...these members were arrested.

    Hello...is this thing on?
    Yes, these members were arrested but you said "If you are new to the concept of RW militia groups, particularly those in the South, there are lots of resources available to bring you up to date". My question was obviously not directed to those who were already arrested, as a re-read will demonstrate, but as to why these other 'militia groups in the south' haven't been arrested.

    Also, what makes them 'right wing". Are they for a balanced budget amendment?

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •