Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 252

Thread: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

  1. #151
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,829

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    LOL, so you can't point to what I asked you because you made it up...And to answer your question, yes I have heard of Left wing militia's in America....Surely you've heard of the New Black Panthers?

    Yep - have they ever labeled themselves a a "militia"? Pray tell me, how many members are to be found in the NBP? A group which the original Black Panther members have rejected as being nothing more than publicity hungry moochers.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    LOL, so you can't point to what I asked you because you made it up...And to answer your question, yes I have heard of Left wing militia's in America....Surely you've heard of the New Black Panthers?
    Or Bill Ayers and the Weatherman, still popular in some quarters today.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,829

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Or Bill Ayers and the Weatherman, still popular in some quarters today.
    So a group that died out 40 years ago is to be compared with these three nutters simply because you can't find anything more recent? Interesting
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #154
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It's pretty simple, all you have to do is show where they said they were members of any militia, or right wing...I'll wait...
    A little more reading help...
    Peace allegedly encouraged members of his militia to review guerrilla warfare tactics, accumulate supplies and prepare their families. He told them that "guerilla (sic) warfare primary targets included TSA, DHS, non-emergency FEMA, road blocks, etc."
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #155
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hmmm...sounds like they were not new to the whole militia thingy...
    I don't know if they are, or are not...Or, if they are just sympathetic to the militia causes....But, I don't assume, apparently you do.

    I'm still waiting on any sort of wager from you...
    I am not much of a gambler, so you might be waiting a long time....

    ..or are you locked into a "they are NOT right wing"?
    Again, don't know if they are, or are not....But your willingness to jump straight to that conclusion says much about you.

    If so, when I or anyone else show they are in fact right wing....what will you do?
    Probably be honest enough to realize that their are extremists on both sides of the political spectrum, and be glad they were caught, also I will be glad that I didn't speculate as to whom people are, and what political bull **** I can stir up by equating rational people to extremists for the sake of getting a good jab in....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    So a group that died out 40 years ago is to be compared with these three nutters simply because you can't find anything more recent? Interesting
    How's this for recent?

    Why did the Occupy Wall Street protests turn violent and not the Tea Party protests? | Ordinary Times

    But we do know of Barrack Obama's ties to Bill Ayers, his influence in American Universities, and his lack of remorse for his crimes. The crimes may have been committed some time ago but the thinking behind them continues.

  7. #157
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A little more reading help...
    Ok, so you have determined that Peace considered himself some kind of militia member...What militia? How many members are there? What about the other two, markedly younger than Peace? Keep going....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #158
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't know if they are, or are not...Or, if they are just sympathetic to the militia causes....But, I don't assume, apparently you do.
    I just posted that T.E. Peace IS a militia member.

    Again, if you want to bet against the proposition that these white Georgian militia members are right wingers, I'm still willing to accept a wager.



    I am not much of a gambler, so you might be waiting a long time....
    I can see why that is, especially in this case.



    Again, don't know if they are, or are not....But your willingness to jump straight to that conclusion says much about you.
    I have not made a complete determination as of yet, I'm still trying to find definitive proof BEYOND the single article....but again, the odds are in favor of the idea that these white Georgian militia members are in fact RWers.



    Probably be honest enough to realize that their are extremists on both sides of the political spectrum, and be glad they were caught, also I will be glad that I didn't speculate as to whom people are, and what political bull **** I can stir up by equating rational people to extremists for the sake of getting a good jab in....
    And yet here you are producing straw by implying I have not acknowledged extremists on either side....while you are speculating on what they MIGHT NOT be.

    You are not interested in finding out what their political orientation IS.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so you have determined that Peace considered himself some kind of militia member...What militia? How many members are there? What about the other two, markedly younger than Peace? Keep going....
    To what end? Your first speculation that they were NOT militia members has been shown as false.....and I will find for myself what orientation they are....but as I said, you are not interested in finding out for yourself.....and you can't say anything beyond meaningless rhetoric what you will do if it is shown that they are in fact RWers.

    Your argument is already very damaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #160
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I just posted that T.E. Peace IS a militia member.
    And I gave you Peace....Now show the other two...They could just be dupes...You ought to know about that....

    I have not made a complete determination as of yet, I'm still trying to find definitive proof BEYOND the single article....but again, the odds are in favor of the idea that these white Georgian militia members are in fact RWers.
    Oh, so because you think so, that means you don't need proof I guess....

    And yet here you are producing straw by implying I have not acknowledged extremists on either side....while you are speculating on what they MIGHT NOT be.

    You are not interested in finding out what their political orientation IS.
    I specifically said that I didn't know whether they were, or not...Why are you know lying about me? And to boot speculating about what I am interested in, instead using your own assumptions....So typical.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •