Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 252

Thread: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

  1. #111
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Standard operating procedure of the US right... you should not be shocked at all. They are after all in total denial that right wing terrorists exists, despite Oklahoma, Atlanta, Gabby Gifford, Austin Texas IRS building attack and so on and so on. That there has been far more right wing terror attacks or attempts in the US than Islamic inspired attacks is often ignored by the US media and especially the US right wing.
    Let's not forget the Sikh temple shooting, Eric Rudolph, the George Tiller assassination or any of the multitude of attacks against abortion clinics.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #112
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, but if you ask for a shot of whiskey in a bar, they're going to ask you what kind. yes?
    Not at the bar I go to! But they know what I drink. Tullamore Dew ... Irish whiskey is the best whiskey.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #113
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's why it was started by socialists and German Fascism was called National Socialism...because Fascism isn't Socialism...riiiiiiiiight!!!
    And East Germany was called the German Democratic Republic. But I wouldn't exactly call them a beacon of democracy. And of course there's the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. You can't go by the name.

    Nazism is not the same as fascism. You can say that the difference is like that between Coke and Pepsi, but there is a distinct difference (I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, and I prefer Pepsi). I'm not saying that I'd take either, but they're not the same.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    national socialism is well known, but it stains the name and reputations of other tennents of socialism.
    How about the United Soviet Socialist Republics? That's the worst stain in world history and one most of the left in the democracies supported.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    And East Germany was called the German Democratic Republic. But I wouldn't exactly call them a beacon of democracy. And of course there's the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. You can't go by the name.

    Nazism is not the same as fascism. You can say that the difference is like that between Coke and Pepsi, but there is a distinct difference (I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, and I prefer Pepsi). I'm not saying that I'd take either, but they're not the same.
    This tired argument is introduced every time the subject arises. The difference is that no one in the democracies, apart from the leftists, supported communist East Germany And no one, except perhaps the extreme leftists, support North Korea.

    It is the left who has a history of supporting totalitarianism, and still do today.

  6. #116
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Let's not forget the Sikh temple shooting, Eric Rudolph, the George Tiller assassination or any of the multitude of attacks against abortion clinics.

    Yes, anything shocking in the news must surely be coming from the right....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, anything shocking in the news must surely be coming from the right....
    Yes, they label anyone they can as a of the right, without evidence, but would never admit someone like Kermit Gosnell as being part of the left.
    Philadelphia abortion doctor sentenced to three life terms in jail | World news | theguardian.com

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    fascism and communism took principles from the theory of socialism, that is the only thing they have in common.
    Call it what you will but it always ends up much the same. Individual freedom acting within the law is always more important than any ism.

  9. #119
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This tired argument is introduced every time the subject arises. The difference is that no one in the democracies, apart from the leftists, supported communist East Germany And no one, except perhaps the extreme leftists, support North Korea.
    That's not the point. Not surprisingly you missed it. Going off the word "socialist" in "National Socialist" as proof is like going off the word "Democratic" as proof that North Korea is a democracy.

    It is the left who has a history of supporting totalitarianism, and still do today.
    Both sides, taking a worldwide view, have supported totalitarianism. Franco, Salazar and Pinochet were plenty totalitarian, and plenty right wing. In fact, the American right wing supported Pinochet and may have put him in charge in the first place. The GOP were big supporters of Mubarak (plenty totalitarian), and at one point Saddam Hussein (plenty totalitarian).

    But I guess we should ignore those instances because they're an "inconvenient truth" for you. I also don't go around equating those regimes with American Conservatives, because that would be a very tired and dishonest thing to do. Dishonesty, of course, doesn't stop you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #120
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: FBI: Men tried to buy bombs for government attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, they label anyone they can as a of the right, without evidence, but would never admit someone like Kermit Gosnell as being part of the left.
    Philadelphia abortion doctor sentenced to three life terms in jail | World news | theguardian.com
    And yet you do exactly the same thing as "they" do. Label anything bad that you can as "the left," but are unable to acknowledge that "the right" is hardly a bunch of saints.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •