Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1212

Thread: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

  1. #81
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    No, you are just making up the usual blather from someone with no argument.
    You say that and yet you don't actually engage with the argument, or if you prefer, the non-argument, that I make.

    You are not discriminated against, trust me, you aren't
    Awww, you know such much about me. I'm touched. Remember that time I asked Becky out on a date and she discriminated against me and went out with Brock Roughneck instead? She rejected me for who I was. Come to think of it, maybe you're right, maybe it would be a better world if I, and others like me, didn't have to be rejected and hurt for simply being who we are. If only you, or some cop, was there right at that moment and could witness her damn dirty discriminating behavior towards me, you or the cop could have forced her to go out on a date with me. That would certainly have been the better outcome. I could have driven down to Arnold's Drive-In, then cruised the strip with her in my Boss car, and I could have been spared the hurt feelings of being a victim of discrimination.

    Hey, hold on a second. If you know so much about me, then you probably already know this story, and if you know this story, then that means you probably saw this all go down, so why didn't you step in and force Becky to stop discriminating against me?

  2. #82
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,322

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You say that and yet you don't actually engage with the argument, or if you prefer, the non-argument, that I make.



    Awww, you know such much about me. I'm touched. Remember that time I asked Becky out on a date and she discriminated against me and went out with Brock Roughneck instead? She rejected me for who I was. Come to think of it, maybe you're right, maybe it would be a better world if I, and others like me, didn't have to be rejected and hurt for simply being who we are. If only you, or some cop, was there right at that moment and could witness her damn dirty discriminating behavior towards me, you or the cop could have forced her to go out on a date with me. That would certainly have been the better outcome. I could have driven down to Arnold's Drive-In, then cruised the strip with her in my Boss car, and I could have been spared the hurt feelings of being a victim of discrimination.

    Hey, hold on a second. If you know so much about me, then you probably already know this story, and if you know this story, then that means you probably saw this all go down, so why didn't you step in and force Becky to stop discriminating against me?
    More baloney.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #83
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    More baloney.
    What's with your disparaging comments about human rights?

  4. #84
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,322

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    What's with your disparaging comments about human rights?
    You are making things up.

    This bill allows people to hide under the guise of religion so that they can discriminate.

    Plain and simple.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #85
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    You are making things up.

    This bill allows people to hide under the guise of religion so that they can discriminate.

    Plain and simple.
    I'm not making up anything. To prevent discrimination is to use the power of government to force people into associations that they don't wish to be a part of. Do you want to have government force you into friendships or romantic relationships or into commercial relationship so that other people's feelings don't get hurt? That's an unjust trade-off. Yeah, it's nice when people don't have their feelings hurt by being rejected, but to stop those feelings from being hurt requires a brutal assault on human rights.

  6. #86
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,322

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I'm not making up anything. To prevent discrimination is to use the power of government to force people into associations that they don't wish to be a part of. Do you want to have government force you into friendships or romantic relationships or into commercial relationship so that other people's feelings don't get hurt? That's an unjust trade-off. Yeah, it's nice when people don't have their feelings hurt by being rejected, but to stop those feelings from being hurt requires a brutal assault on human rights.
    You pretty much ran out of things to say, didn't ya? This is a badly written bill, allowing for discrimination by religion by businesses.

    Plain and simple.

    Hopefully "GED Jan" will veto it, because it will cost our state lots of business.

    BTW, the other legislators tried to add parts to this bill, one would require a business to post a sign on their front door who they were going to discriminate against, the republican majority voted it down.

    If the company has the right to discriminate against anything that their religion finds offensive (christians can't allow women on their periods, because the bible says so!) then why not have a sign saying "no jews, no homosexuals, no bisexuals allowed" on the front door?

    Walk the talk.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  7. #87
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    If the company has the right to discriminate against anything that their religion finds offensive (christians can't allow women on their periods, because the bible says so!) then why not have a sign saying "no jews, no homosexuals, no bisexuals allowed" on the front door?

    Walk the talk.
    You seem to have a fetish about women on their periods, but thanks for sharing.

    As for the signs, yeah, go for it, says I. Three cheers for restoring human rights.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Yes people, property owners have the right to kick you off their property and it's about damn time the government starts protecting that right. Yes people, people have the right to refuse to associate with you and it's about damn time the government starts protecting that right. Yes people, people have the right to their own labor and service and it's about damn time the government starts protecting that right. My problem with this bill is that it treats it as if the property owner has to notify people that they refuse to provide them service, and to be frank, that is a violation of rights.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    This bill allows people to hide under the guise of religion so that they can discriminate.

    Plain and simple.
    So what?

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    No, you are just making up the usual blather from someone with no argument.

    You are not discriminated against, trust me, you aren't

    But, oddly you crave the right to discriminate against others.

    Character flaw
    I guess some people are just against human rights. You just happen to be against the very foundation of them.

Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •