Page 88 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1212

Thread: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451:959]

  1. #871
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    This is hilarious, thanks for the laugh. You are endorsing bigotry but are disputing the existence of homophobia.
    No, I'm endorsing human rights, not bigotry. You're right on one thing however, I am disputing the existence of a phobia that lacks evidence to support its existence.

  2. #872
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: no agent J i have nothing factual that backs up my false claim, thanks we already knew this

    also im glad you think losing to facts is boring because im not your entertainment, your posts are my entertainment but im not yours
    In order for us to go forward one of you will need to show evidence to support your accusation that certain people suffer from a phobia.

  3. #873
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,163

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, I'm endorsing human rights, not bigotry. You're right on one thing however, I am disputing the existence of a phobia that lacks evidence to support its existence.
    No you are endorsing bigotry, that is clear and indisputable, that you may be embarrassed by it and wish to cloak it is not surprising.

  4. #874
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    In order for us to go forward one of you will need to show evidence to support your accusation that certain people suffer from a phobia.
    translation: no agent J i have nothing factual that backs up my false claim, thanks we already knew this
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #875
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Forget what?
    You still don't understand do you?

  6. #876
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,798

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Explains a great deal about you.
    LMAO, it's pretty funny....a group of people with a phobia that doesnt exist trying to base a law on disrespecting their beliefs in a deity that doesnt exist!

    I mean, hey....how do you prove God exists? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #877
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Why you progressives keep calling this bill "anti-gay" when it's not? PC reasons, sympathy?
    I thought you alleged "liberals" were all about freedom......... The best part is the IRS is ****ing conservative/tea party/libertarian groups up the ass - singling them out and you don't say ****.
    So much for liberty!
    Meanwhile you have the audacity to say a small business owner has to serve an individual that contradict their FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS????
    I've read articles after articles (and in some situations progressive tyrant legislators) proposing bills to allow Muslims not to touch pork or even sell it..... How the **** is this any different?
    Oh yeah because progressives are against Christianity - Islamic bigotry is fine with progressives but the second a Christian couple refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple our Constitution turns upside-down.
    But I suppose that is the logic to progressivism. Retribution, retaliation and all out destruction of the capitalism model and Christianity in general.
    Why do you need so many paragraphs?

    So you're saying that a sign outside a business that says "no blacks" is your idea of freedom? And for the record, I'm as liberal as they come, and I don't support the idea of Muslims working at a supermarket and refusing to handle pork if their job requires it. I believe that it's entirely legal for an employer to choose not to hire somebody who is unable to perform the duties of their job for any reason. I live in Minnesota and issues like that have come up and frankly I don't remember much support for the pro-Muslim-pork-avoiding advocates.

    I definitely think this bill is anti-gay. Can you name an instance in which a business owner has denied service to a sinner, for being a sinner? Are people being denied service because they are divorced, or because they cheat on their spouse, or because they have sex before marriage? Persecuting a child of God is a sin, so shouldn't half of the people who support this bill all be denied service from Christian business owners? Out of all the sins, it just so happens that only homosexuality has been the basis of discrimination in cases of business owners claiming the right to deny service based on religion?

    Do you know how many sins there are? And yet we only hear about homosexuality being a problem for business owners who are so concerned about upholding the principles of their religion? Don't be insulting. This is entirely about business owners looking for a thumbs up to discriminate against homosexuals.
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #878
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill

    "Homophobia" is a recent term added by popular culture. An attempt has been made of late to shoehorn it into an actual medical condition, but to this day it does not appear in the DSM or any international list of phobias.

    Homophobia has never been listed as part of a clinical taxonomy of phobias, neither in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) or International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD); homophobia is usually used in a non-clinical sense.[24]
    Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #879
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Why do you need so many paragraphs?

    So you're saying that a sign outside a business that says "no blacks" is your idea of freedom? And for the record, I'm as liberal as they come, and I don't support the idea of Muslims working at a supermarket and refusing to handle pork if their job requires it. I believe that it's entirely legal for an employer to choose not to hire somebody who is unable to perform the duties of their job for any reason. I live in Minnesota and issues like that have come up and frankly I don't remember much support for the pro-Muslim-pork-avoiding advocates.
    So they can refuse to hire the disabled? Who is bigotted now.

  10. #880
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Arizona lawmakers pass controversial anti-gay bill[W:451]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Why do you need so many paragraphs?

    So you're saying that a sign outside a business that says "no blacks" is your idea of freedom? And for the record, I'm as liberal as they come, and I don't support the idea of Muslims working at a supermarket and refusing to handle pork if their job requires it. I believe that it's entirely legal for an employer to choose not to hire somebody who is unable to perform the duties of their job for any reason. I live in Minnesota and issues like that have come up and frankly I don't remember much support for the pro-Muslim-pork-avoiding advocates.

    I definitely think this bill is anti-gay. Can you name an instance in which a business owner has denied service to a sinner, for being a sinner? Are people being denied service because they are divorced, or because they cheat on their spouse, or because they have sex before marriage? Persecuting a child of God is a sin, so shouldn't half of the people who support this bill all be denied service based on religious freedom? Out of all the sins, it just so happens that only homosexuality has been the basis of discrimination in cases of business owners claiming the right to deny service based on religion?

    Do you know how many sins there are? And yet we only hear about homosexuality being a problem for business owners who are so concerned about upholding the principles of their religion? Don't be insulting. This is entirely about business owners looking for a thumbs up to discriminate against homosexuals.
    Guess what? gays aren't black and marriage is a choice.

    We're blacks given the option to be black or white?

    Furthermore our government violated the bill of rights by enslaving the children of "slaves."

    Once again I could write a whole book on this ****....

    Gays and blacks are not in the same ballpark - so quit trying to compare blacks to gays....

    Do you really need me to show the differences or were they not pointed out in high school or college?

Page 88 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •